Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 22-11-2013, 20:28   #1411
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
A bit off topic but as we know Forza is 1080p and 60FPS,i press info on my TV remote and it shows 1080p and 60Hz but how do i know if its showing it at 1080p?
Your tv is outputting at 1080 but the game itself could be up scaled. Can't see why they'd lie about it though.
Old 22-11-2013, 21:03   #1412
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
That is how you know.
My bad i didnt mean that. I was on SKype at the time. What i meant to say was how do i know that my TV if my tv is outputting 60FPS?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 21:06   #1413
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

My free Forza is *still* downloading...

I've also just bought Battlefield 4 via the dash... Currently queued.

Decided on that rather than Ghosts because although the SP is meant to be iffy the MP is meant to be far superior. Didn't want to drop 50 quid on Ghosts and then ditch it after the SP. I may rent Ghosts later on some time though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 21:08   #1414
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The flickering i am seeing on thin vertical objects is also present on the PS4 version, i still think it is something they need to patch up.

Btw the Xbox One has a rather good calibration tool built in and it helped me with my TV calibration.
Old 22-11-2013, 21:13   #1415
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Btw the Xbox One has a rather good calibration tool built in and it helped me with my TV calibration.
Ah, I may have to give that a go.
Old 22-11-2013, 21:49   #1416
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
My free Forza is *still* downloading...

I've also just bought Battlefield 4 via the dash... Currently queued.

Decided on that rather than Ghosts because although the SP is meant to be iffy the MP is meant to be far superior. Didn't want to drop 50 quid on Ghosts and then ditch it after the SP. I may rent Ghosts later on some time though.
I really enjoyed the Ghosts SP myself no longer play MP due to sucky perks
Old 22-11-2013, 22:12   #1417
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
My bad i didnt mean that. I was on SKype at the time. What i meant to say was how do i know that my TV if my tv is outputting 60FPS?
You can't. There's never been a feature so long as I can remember. I had the ability though on my old JTAG 360.

I won't be able to check until I get a second Xbox one to open up and mod.
Old 22-11-2013, 22:44   #1418
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
You can't. There's never been a feature so long as I can remember. I had the ability though on my old JTAG 360.

I won't be able to check until I get a second Xbox one to open up and mod.
Oh ok thanks

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Does anyone know if the downloads carry on downloading when you turn off the Xbox? When i mean turn off i mean by saying 'Xbox turn off'. I ask this as i have games i want to downlaod over night
Old 22-11-2013, 23:00   #1419
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Oh ok thanks

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Does anyone know if the downloads carry on downloading when you turn off the Xbox? When i mean turn off i mean by saying 'Xbox turn off'. I ask this as i have games i want to downlaod over night
I think they do, when you setup the X1 you have 2 options to chose from and 1 of them will keep your downloads going.

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

I have played a little more Battlefield now and i like it, i don't like those buggy flickering towers but i like how BF4 looks and plays.

Also i found in the calibration settings that i needed to resize my screen as i couldnt see the green box around the edge so was losing an inch or so, so i went into my TV settings and enabled something called full pixel and this instantly sorted the screen size out.
Old 22-11-2013, 23:02   #1420
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I think they do, when you setup the X1 you have 2 options to chose from and 1 of them will keep your downloads going.
Thanks Snoopz, ive got it on the instant on option. Means i can leave on over night and it will still download, get in
Old 22-11-2013, 23:40   #1421
tizmeinnit

http://www.eteknix.com/ifixit-opens-...e-really-made/ any Sata II 2.5 inch HDD should work apparently
Old 22-11-2013, 23:56   #1422
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

It has the same options as the 360 did. The continue downloading puts the Xbox in a low power state. It will then turn off completely when done.
Old 23-11-2013, 02:29   #1423
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Just tried the calibration. My TV didn't have every option the Xbox suggested changing, but it does (so far) seem better.

Oh, and something for those who stream media:

I tested Skifta earlier this evening.

Rather than install the Skifta software on my iMac, I had a go at using PS3 Media Server instead, given that I already have it installed and it's what I always used for the PS3 and 360.

I installed the Skifta app on my iPhone, selected PS3 Media Server as the source and the Xbox One as the destination, picked a video, and... it worked. Mostly.

One video stuttered every few seconds (even though the iMac and Xbox One are using Gigabit Ethernet and the iPhone is using WiFi N), but a few others I tried streamed perfectly.

Forwarding/rewinding doesn't work well, though, but you can at least pause/play.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's certainly an option for those who have no other choice.

As for me, I'll probably stick with using the PS3 for now. It's easier.
Old 23-11-2013, 03:30   #1424
Sigma
Inactive

Services: TV XL/Phone XL/BB XL
Sigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the rough

I'm loving the Xbox One. The only issue I'm having is that sometimes the voice recognition doesn't recognise what I'm saying, but that seems to be a fairly common problem. Hopefully they will improve it over time. It would be good if you could record your own voice tags for games, so you could say "Forza" instead of having to say "Forza Motorsport 5".
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 07:02   #1425
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Kinect will learn your voice over time
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote