Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tower PC intermittent display problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Missing passwords

Old 30-11-2014, 23:17   #1
pigafetta
Inactive

pigafetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Missing passwords

First let me begin by pre-empting any wrong category issues by apologising this is my first effort on a Virgin forum. My problem started just days ago while using the Chrome browser on opening my Gmail account I was informed of a sync data issue and would therefore have to enter my email address & password, going into saved passwords via the settings menu I realised all saved passwords were gone. I have tried both the default and custom settings in the Sync dialogue without success. In desperation I followed this by trying 'Update & Recovery' I chose the 'Refresh' option which I believe is similar to a partial format, wanting to leave the 'Documents' folder containing 'AVI's, MP3's & JPEG's untouched I excluded this folder from the refresh alas, on launching chrome the 'customise & control' icon was coloured orange indicating that I still had sync issue's. and still refuses to save passwords is it possible that the 'Documents' folder being the only folder to avoid the refresh contains corrupt data? I had about fifty passwords half of them very important, if anyone can help I would be so grateful. I am using Chrome 39 & Windows 8.1 Thankyou.
pigafetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement