Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 14-11-2012, 13:55   #1006
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
How much is it going up buy? Also is it for every VM customer? I want to make my dad aware but need to know how much before i do
How much it will go up by will depend on the services - all effected customers will be notified before it happens
Old 14-11-2012, 13:56   #1007
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
How much it will go up by will depend on the services - all effected customers will be notified before it happens
Thanks mate
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 14:29   #1008
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I have not seen an email yet , but I am seriously considering binning pay TV, I will asses further when I find out how much more VM want a month. Three rises in 10 months is a joke and still no new Hd channels. Whist Tv anywhere is a nice add on it is not a necessity.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 14:53   #1009
PeacockAntony
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media: TV L, BB L.
PeacockAntony is an unknown quantity at this point

If this is true I will seriously have to consider my options, because we didn't really gain anything from last years price rise (I do not mean the Sky services price rise, which is on Sky not VM).
If I end up having to pay near £40pcm I will ditch the TV and go to Sky instead.
I would then gain other channels and the ability to record programmes without having to pay for the privilege.

I am a big fan of VM, but this is getting ridiculous.
PeacockAntony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 15:48   #1010
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I only watch the BBC channels but pay for th VIP pack and will still carry on doing so as it is only money ( you come in to the world with nothing and leave with the same )
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 16:21   #1011
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I only watch the BBC channels but pay for th VIP pack and will still carry on doing so as it is only money ( you come in to the world with nothing and leave with the same )
Such words of poetic eloquence devil.
Old 14-11-2012, 17:04   #1012
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ben,

What prices are going up? Is it a single service or all services?
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 17:10   #1013
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Our bundle went up by £4.00 in April this year, I reckon it will be about the same in February too... then probably another increase before the end of 2013..

Though we managed to negotiate a further discount of £2.00 per month for the remainder of our contract, not sure they will be so happy to do so this time..
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 17:34   #1014
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

passinbat., no disrespect to you, nut l think you are totally wrong, VM are on another planet compared to Sky.

The technology that Sky have is by far ahead of VM, you cannot compare the TiVo box superior to the Sky boxes, I have had so much trouble with TiVo compared with Sky, the last time l had trouble with the TiVo box it took two to three days to sort out, my mother - in law had to have an engineer call out THREE times.
With Sky they sort it over the phone - how simple is that.

You may say why don't you go over to Sky, well all l have to do is call them, l already have Sky here - but the wife wants VM-don't know why.

To me if you need an engineer call out for VM problems, then there technology isn't that good is it.

The last time l had a Sky engineer was two years ago. the last time l had a VM engineer well last month it was THRE times and they still couldn't solve.

I look on the logistic side - if l can solve the problem over the phone, then its sorts me out.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 18:01   #1015
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Had a phone call last night asking if I was happy with my services - mainly because I'm out of contract. I left things as they are because I want more information about ESPN/Bt before I commit to anything - but this has seriously got me thinking now. Think I'll be spending the evening pricing up some different options. I'm just a bit disappointed that the two big things this year - speed doubling and the app - appear to be costing people who didn't need 60mb, and are quad play customers so don't have iphones when there is no communication about how they plan to address the potential loss of one of the biggest attractions to their pay TV offering.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 18:12   #1016
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously considering switching to freesat for TV now. Can anyone tell me how much M broadband is, both with a landline and without?
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 18:16   #1017
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
Seriously considering switching to freesat for TV now. Can anyone tell me how much M broadband is, both with a landline and without?
M broadband no longer exists as a package for changes - minimum is now BB L
Old 14-11-2012, 18:19   #1018
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
M broadband no longer exists as a package for changes - minimum is now BB L
I know Ben, just wanted to know how much I'll pay for my M broadband if I ditch the TV?
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 18:21   #1019
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
The technology that Sky have is by far ahead of VM, you cannot compare the TiVo box superior to the Sky boxes, I have had so much trouble with TiVo compared with Sky, the last time l had trouble with the TiVo box it took two to three days to sort out, my mother - in law had to have an engineer call out THREE times.
With Sky they sort it over the phone - how simple is that.
Arthur - There was nothing wrong with your TiVo. You had a faulty splitter.

Just like on Sky if the dish was damaged, it would be nothing to do with the Sky box. (And they couldn't fix it on the phone)

VM do solve many problems on the phone.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 18:22   #1020
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
I know Ben, just wanted to know how much I'll pay for my M broadband if I ditch the TV?
That's what I'm trying to tell you - they'd likely move you onto BB L if you removed services