Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] The News Corp scandal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] The News Corp scandal

Old 10-07-2011, 14:56   #451
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
re: [Update] The News Corp scandal

Well, I am not a Liverpool supporter. Nor will I be buying notw. I will, however, have a celebratory pint if one if thr Murdochs or Brooks gets what they deserve..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2011, 15:02   #452
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Well, I am not a Liverpool supporter. Nor will I be buying notw. I will, however, have a celebratory pint if one if thr Murdochs or Brooks gets what they deserve..
Yes l hope they get totally what they deserve and l shall have a soft drink as l cannot drink alcohol because of my medication.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 15:03   #453
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l hope they get totally what they deserve and l shall have a soft drink as l cannot drink alcohol because of my medication.
Tell you what i will have a pint on your behalf

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 15:07   #454
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Tell you what i will have a pint on your behalf
Only one mine as you do not want you to be in trouble with your wife.
Old 10-07-2011, 15:10   #455
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Only one mine as you do not want you to be in trouble with your wife.
what again

Old 10-07-2011, 23:22   #456
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Well these is the latest media headlines this morning as Rupert Murdoch flies into Britain to stop his ship from sinking.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-paddy-ashdown

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...i-2310041.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...e-hacking.html
It seems, as was suspected, that employing Coulson might not have entirely been Cameron's choice.

Quote:
David Cameron was given a personal guarantee by Rupert Murdoch that Andy Coulson was safe to take on as his Downing Street press chief, The Independent on Sunday learnt yesterday,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
And this is the very same editor that the Prime Minister is now supporting.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:40   #457
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Courtesy of Twitter...

(sorry for the source paper)

Monday's Mirror alleges that 9/11 victims were also targeted:

http://twitpic.com/5o9wj1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2011/07/11/p...5875-23262694/

And a very odd one from the Telegraph archives...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ret-tapes.html
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:33   #458
denphone
Still alive and fighting

And here are the latest stories this Monday morning.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...7-2311629.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...from-2007.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...ion-les-hinton
Old 11-07-2011, 06:47   #459
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
It seems, as was suspected, that employing Coulson might not have entirely been Cameron's choice.

And this is the very same editor that the Prime Minister is now supporting.
So i take it all your interested in is attacking Cameron and not adding to the debate in any other way.

Considering most of this happened on someone else's watch you seem to have glossed over that ?.

The majority of those contributing to this thread seem to be more interested in what happens next to the paper and staff where as all your interested in is your boring attacks on those you dislike politically.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:58   #460
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
The majority of those contributing to this thread seem to be more interested in what happens next to the paper and staff where as all your interested in is your boring attacks on those you dislike politically.
So why stoop to Flyboys level.Put him on ignore

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

The problem for Rebekah and company is that no matter how much they deny any further wrong doing, the fact that so many lies have been uncovered in the last few days is making such assertions seem very unlikely.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00   #461
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Sorry what is wrong with Flyboy's post? It's relevant to the discussion given that we know there were concerns about Coulson imparted by editors and the Liberal Democrats to the Prime Minister. He also provided a responsibly decent source.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:17   #462
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Anyone heard anymore on whether Dave's going or not?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25   #463
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Sorry what is wrong with Flyboy's post? It's relevant to the discussion given that we know there were concerns about Coulson imparted by editors and the Liberal Democrats to the Prime Minister. He also provided a responsibly decent source.
to whom are you replying..
Old 11-07-2011, 09:26   #464
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Anyone heard anymore on whether Dave's going or not?
It is a silly name for a channel but I don't think they'll rebrand it yet
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33   #465
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
It is a silly name for a channel but I don't think they'll rebrand it yet
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote