Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | End of Contract

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

End of Contract

Old 09-10-2013, 10:04   #1
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point
End of Contract

What shall I do, Virgin have not contacted me, do I phone them to re-negotiate ?
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2013, 10:50   #2
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society
Re: End of Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
What shall I do, Virgin have not contacted me, do I phone them to re-negotiate ?
Oh yes! It'll keep ticking over on a rolling contract when it ends, so get in there and see what they can do for you. Always handy to have some prices from other providers tariffs that suit you as well, though I've never had to mention these to them before. Last year I got my minutes more than doubled and unlimited text and data thrown in for the same price i was paying before. It was a 2 year contract but that doesn't bother me as my days of wanting the latest phone all the time have long gone. They applied a £9 discount a month to my account to keep the price the same. I only ever call retentions as well if that helps. Good luck!
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 20:53   #3
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
dump them and go to tesco
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 07:26   #4
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I phoned them a few days ago now my contract has finished so I am now on the VIP sim until the iphones come out or I might wait until January for the Samsung Galaxy S5
Old 16-10-2013, 16:01   #5
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I phoned, and lets just say I am very happy and Virgin have kept a customer.
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 16:25   #6
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Must have got a good deal then
Old 22-11-2013, 08:04   #7
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

5 months to go on my contract and I can finally be blackberry free!! Wish i could renegotiate something earlier.
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 16:49   #8
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

It might be worth giving them a call

Last month,my wife got a call offering her the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. The contract on her Blackberry wasn't up until March yet it was no problem to upgrade. She is now paying only £1 more for her new phone which is much better.

I reckon the name of the game is keeping customers tied to their services so give em a ring and be sure to let me know how you got on
Old 23-11-2013, 22:34   #9
gemma307
Inactive

Services: VM Tivo and VH+ 60mg broadband
gemma307 will become famous soon enoughgemma307 will become famous soon enoughgemma307 will become famous soon enough

I had a Blackberry on contract, when it ran out I changed to a rolling contract that cut my price to just under half, retaining the blackberry. Just had a problem with the thing charging (or not as the case may be).
Phoned VM with the intention of changing to a PAYG but after a small chat have taken a 24 months contract at £6 per moth for a ZTE. Ok its not the best in the world but suits my needs.
Well pleased
gemma307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 08:41   #10
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Which goes to show if you don't ring up you don't get. There are often suprising offers.
Nice one Gemma!