Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2011, 14:23   #5071
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Good man, I'm planning on moving mine upstairs. I see you're also packing VIP50, do you know how much having the additional box is costing you a month?

Thanks again
Here this is from a e-mail that i received a while ago:

It has been confirmed today, that if a VIP 50 customer who takes TiVo in their main room and wishes to keep their V+ box in their second room (returning the V HD) - they will incur no additional cost.

You will only be charged £10/month extra if you keep both your existing boxes after the TiVo box is installed i.e. you have 3 boxes (The TiVo, V+ and V HD)

Hope this helps?
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2011, 14:29   #5072
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Here this is from a e-mail that i received a while ago:

It has been confirmed today, that if a VIP 50 customer who takes TiVo in their main room and wishes to keep their V+ box in their second room (returning the V HD) - they will incur no additional cost.

You will only be charged £10/month extra if you keep both your existing boxes after the TiVo box is installed i.e. you have 3 boxes (The TiVo, V+ and V HD)

Hope this helps?
I have three boxes already, two V+ and one V HD. If I replace the V HD with one of my V+ when I get a TiVo will I have to pay more per month!
Old 27-03-2011, 14:45   #5073
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I have three boxes already, two V+ and one V HD. If I replace the V HD with one of my V+ when I get a TiVo will I have to pay more per month!
I do not know that one, When I asked it was just about the VIP50 pack and not if you have 3 boxes already. Sorry I can not help with this one
Old 27-03-2011, 20:45   #5074
Rjs37
Inactive

Rjs37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has it been answered what happens if someone currently has two V+ (on VIP 20) and replaces one of them with a Tivo? Would I actually be making a saving considering that the second box costs the £10 pm? i.e. going from £10pm for second box to £3 pm?
Old 27-03-2011, 21:01   #5075
gregory8391
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with V+ Box and Tivo
gregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjs37 View Post
Has it been answered what happens if someone currently has two V+ (on VIP 20) and replaces one of them with a Tivo? Would I actually be making a saving considering that the second box costs the £10 pm? i.e. going from £10pm for second box to £3 pm?
Good news!Yes you would not be charged the £10 extra. I had the same and my bill has gone down £10(I got tivo free)
Old 27-03-2011, 21:14   #5076
Rjs37
Inactive

Rjs37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory8391 View Post
Good news!Yes you would not be charged the £10 extra. I had the same and my bill has gone down £10(I got tivo free)
That's a bit different though isn't it as effectively you've only got one box. The tivo one is free and the V+ one is part of your package. In this situation I guess it depends on whether they class the tivo as the primary or secondary box.
Old 27-03-2011, 21:22   #5077
gregory8391
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with V+ Box and Tivo
gregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjs37 View Post
That's a bit different though isn't it as effectively you've only got one box. The tivo one is free and the V+ one is part of your package. In this situation I guess it depends on whether they class the tivo as the primary or secondary box.
No I had 2 V+ boxes and swopped the second one for thr Tivo.
Old 28-03-2011, 11:20   #5078
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory8391 View Post
Great - I'm on VIP50 with 2 V+HD boxes, so if Tivo gives me a £7.00 credit,
(saving £10 add box - less £3 Tivo), then I'm definitely in!!

Perhaps Ben could confirm
Old 28-03-2011, 11:22   #5079
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I am on VIP50 with a Tivo, V+HD and activated VHD and pay (pre april changes) £106 a month. They are basically charging me an extra £5.60 for the VHD box, as well as the £3 extra for the Tivo box. I believe my bill goes up to £110ish after April.

I don't know the specific charges but thought my situation might help to decode the VM billing mysteries!
Old 28-03-2011, 12:58   #5080
sixfoottwo
Inactive

sixfoottwo is on a distinguished roadsixfoottwo is on a distinguished road

VIP 50 with 2 V+ and basic box. Would I be charged £7 less if Tivo replaced the basic box?
Old 28-03-2011, 13:09   #5081
dmeldrum
cf.member

Services: VIP XXL Broadband XL TV 3x TiVo 1GB
dmeldrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoottwo View Post
VIP 50 with 2 V+ and basic box. Would I be charged £7 less if Tivo replaced the basic box?
I had the same as you, 2 V+ and a basic box.

I now have 2 Tivos and 1 V+.

My monthly bill has gone down by £7.
Old 28-03-2011, 14:32   #5082
cwj2008
Inactive

cwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enough

just asked when tvio was launching , the gent told me it had, I enquired
about a email i had saying i would be contact my 20/3/11 told me i is beening done area by area , and would be contacted when it was my turn
in my area , he said there was a backlog. Just out of interest has any one of
the wolverhampton/bromsgrove headend either been contact or installed yet,
as i have heard things and seen differnt things on here and other forums
which controdic that , and last time i enquired they told in about two month tvio whould be launched,
Old 28-03-2011, 14:54   #5083
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj2008 View Post
just asked when tvio was launching , the gent told me it had, I enquired
about a email i had saying i would be contact my 20/3/11 told me i is beening done area by area , and would be contacted when it was my turn
in my area , he said there was a backlog. Just out of interest has any one of
the wolverhampton/bromsgrove headend either been contact or installed yet,
as i have heard things and seen differnt things on here and other forums
which controdic that , and last time i enquired they told in about two month tvio whould be launched,
I would take what he says with a pinch of salt.
Old 28-03-2011, 15:03   #5084
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Well I had my email last month saying I would be contacted late March on how I could order Tivo since had pre-registered last December. So only another 3 days maximum then otherwise it will be egg on the faces of VM and they will be getting a call this Friday if nothing is received! Comments have been posted here to say they are still due to issue these emails, so I do actually expect it to arrive; not long now.

However, I’ve heard it said you can book your install date. That could be interesting, as I can hear now “ the earliest date I can book an install is in July, shall I go ahead sir?!!!!” We’ll all be posting here to find out who has the earliest install. Hope VM has expanded the number of trained installation engineer for this launch!
Old 28-03-2011, 15:04   #5085
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

The rollout is not being done area-by-area, though there may be restrictions from time to time due to staff and STB availability.

There are already plenty installed in the Wolverhampton area (and every other area)

edit: Hey, I've got a silver star
Closed Thread