Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Re siting of V+ box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo or HDMI Fault

Old 12-04-2012, 09:08   #1
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Tivo or HDMI Fault

TIA for advice. My Tivo box may have a fault but not sure if it’s my set up.

I have my Tivo HDMI to amp and amp to HDMI to my TV, my picture on TV flashes AV/HDMI 1080i and I lose picture for a split second its very annoying . Once and only once I saw an error message about the HDMI but the message went that quick and picture came back so did not have a chance to read.

I have checked connections and all firmly plugged in. I swooped the HDMI lead to TV to a different HDMI port on TV and that worked for a little bit but it’s started again.

Any ideas? Is it my TV? AMP? Or Tvio box.

Please help.

Thanks
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17   #2
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tivo or HDMI Fault

You missed one item from your list. Have you tried a different HDMI lead?

Also a bit more information would be useful, e.g. make of TV and amp.

And have you tried connecting Tivo to TV directly so cutting the amp out of the picture?
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:28   #3
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
You missed one item from your list. Have you tried a different HDMI lead?

Also a bit more information would be useful, e.g. make of TV and amp.

And have you tried connecting Tivo to TV directly so cutting the amp out of the picture?
I have not tried a different HDMI lead as I have about 3 different ones plugged in to AMP already. Do I need to try the HDMI lead from Tivo to amp first or AMP to TV?

The TV is a SONY Brava and AMP is also Sony forget model.

I will take your advice on plugging direct to TV just wanted to save myself time on trying an easy fix before climbing to back of miles of cables unplugging and plugging.

I hope its not a fault with my AMP my blueray player is ok so I assume its not the amp.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46   #4
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Plug the Blu rays HDMI lead into the TiVo HDMI socket on amp see if the Blu ray player works, then you'll know if the HDMI port is working or not. If it does work then HDMI lead connecting TiVo is broken.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42   #5
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Plug the Blu rays HDMI lead into the TiVo HDMI socket on amp see if the Blu ray player works, then you'll know if the HDMI port is working or not. If it does work then HDMI lead connecting TiVo is broken.
I will give that a go thanks.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:56   #6
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
TIA for advice. My Tivo box may have a fault but not sure if it’s my set up.

I have my Tivo HDMI to amp and amp to HDMI to my TV, my picture on TV flashes AV/HDMI 1080i and I lose picture for a split second its very annoying . Once and only once I saw an error message about the HDMI but the message went that quick and picture came back so did not have a chance to read.

I have checked connections and all firmly plugged in. I swooped the HDMI lead to TV to a different HDMI port on TV and that worked for a little bit but it’s started again.

Any ideas? Is it my TV? AMP? Or Tvio box.

Please help.

Thanks
What have you got the output set to on your TiVo?,sometimes if the settings are set to Auto Detect then if the program is not broadcast in say 1080 then TiVo will set it to 720 etc,and therefore you will get a blank screen until it re adjusts itself.Read here for more help http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 13:49   #7
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
What have you got the output set to on your TiVo?,sometimes if the settings are set to Auto Detect then if the program is not broadcast in say 1080 then TiVo will set it to 720 etc,and therefore you will get a blank screen until it re adjusts itself.Read here for more help http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable
So change to 720?
Old 12-04-2012, 14:13   #8
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
So change to 720?
You may need to experiment for the best setting,that way you will not get the blank screen for that split second.
Old 13-04-2012, 09:06   #9
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
You may need to experiment for the best setting,that way you will not get the blank screen for that split second.

Worked!!! So far so good thanks saved me unplugging my maze of wires

Thanks all!!
Old 13-04-2012, 12:03   #10
kop32
cf.addict

Quote:

Worked!!! So far so good thanks saved me unplugging my maze of wires

Thanks all!!
As said many times on here most of the community are more than welcome to help,glad it worked,enjoy.