Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | samsung galaxy ace software for the pc

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NO! i do not want a Blackberry

Old 10-12-2011, 12:21   #1
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice
NO! i do not want a Blackberry

Can anybody tell me how i can stop VM sending me a weekly flyer (with my name spelt incorrectly on the envolope) about getting a Blackberry. For the last 6 weeks i have been sent these and it is starting to get on my nerves.
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2011, 13:00   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: NO! i do not want a Blackberry

If you take the blackberry offer it should stop
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 14:56   #3
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

I get the same, its a really crap phone aswell the 8520 curve which is atleast 2 generations out of date lol. It isn't even a 3g phone.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 15:02   #4
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Same here, why don't they publicize a decent phone!
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 15:23   #5
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

You could always write on the letter "not at this address" and post it back. It could help?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 16:45   #6
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
You could always write on the letter "not at this address" and post it back. It could help?
That probably wont work. I work as a postman and alot of the houses on my round were knocked down a couple of years ago and virgin still send them stuff every month.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 16:57   #7
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Call VM CS and ask to change something on your account such as your contact number or email address.

Then ask the agent to opt you out of any marketing and it should stop within a few weeks.

The reason for asking them to change your details is so there'll be a record of your call (their systems mark the ID of anyone changing your details) and should prevent the usual case of nothing being done about your request, you calling back later to find out nothing has changed only to be told "sorry but there's no record of your call". Opting people out of marketing is often the sort of call agents like to avoid if they're trying to improve their call times/stats as they don't get to 'sink their teeth' in to it so will sometimes tell you whatever you want to hear ("I've done that for you, you shouldn't get any more junk mail from now on") just to get you off the line as quickly as they can.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:45   #8
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Thanks Russ that sounds like some sound advice which i will be taking.
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:55   #9
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
Can anybody tell me how i can stop VM sending me a weekly flyer (with my name spelt incorrectly on the envolope) about getting a Blackberry. For the last 6 weeks i have been sent these and it is starting to get on my nerves.
Yes it really annoys me as well, not to mention all the paper spam they send. And on the other hand they want me to go to paper free billing to "save paper" and help the planet.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 12:40   #10
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

I am starting to get mailings for the blackberry now as well !,which i also do not want as my current mobile deal still has 12 months left to run.

I am thinking Virgin Mobile have a job lot of Blackberries to shift.
Old 13-12-2011, 19:05   #11
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

They keep trying to get me to sign up for one but i hardly use a mobile anyway, i still have credit from a £10 top up i did over a year ago.
Old 13-12-2011, 20:46   #12
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
RIM have had a lot of bad press recently. Their sales have probably taken quite a hit. I'd guess Virgin are getting them cheap as chips.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 18:28   #13
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

got one today, i dont want one at the moment but didnt seem like too bad a deal, if im honest. £9.99 a month curve 9300 3g 250 txts + 200 minutes and 500mb data.
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 18:30   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I am starting to get mailings for the blackberry now as well !,which i also do not want as my current mobile deal still has 12 months left to run.

Well they can send me as many leaflets as they want but l am just not interested in having a Blackberry at the end of the day.
Old 15-12-2011, 21:46   #15
Kela
Inactive

Services: LBB XLTV PHONE V+ BOX Mobile smartphone
Kela will become famous soon enoughKela will become famous soon enoughKela will become famous soon enough

I was getting these letters almost daily too That's why I took up the offer The phone is much better than what I had and I am pleased with it Just couldn't figure how to use it but then I found here
Kela is offline   Reply With Quote