Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2011, 20:14   #4501
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No.
Ditto.

Although VM have spoken about smaller HDD in other boxes, there has been no official statement.
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2011, 20:21   #4502
ronnie_m
Inactive

Services: Tivo on VIP50
ronnie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I was only joking as once you start playing around with the box you seem to lose track of the time. Sorry to hear about being in plaster, I know how you feel as when I was a bit younger I had my leg in plaster for 6 months due to a cycling accident.
No problem, thanks for that. So far no issues with SD for me. I have a Sony 46" TV(KDL46HX803U). PQ on SD channels I have watched is no different. HD is excellent
Old 15-03-2011, 20:40   #4503
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Ditto.

Although VM have spoken about smaller HDD in other boxes, there has been no official statement.
Ben / DF,

Fair play, can understand you can't say too much at present. I would hope it is true though as whilst I am more than happy with my Samsung V+ box, the main draw of the TiVo box was the bigger HDD as I now record most content in HD and the V+ drive quickly fills up with max. 20 hours worth of HD. Obviously my initial thoughts are that £149 was too much just for a larger HDD but I would be happy to stretch to £49 for a 500GB TiVo as that should give about 50/60 hours of HD recording which would be more than enough.

The actual TiVo online services don't appeal me at present but if the 500GB did become available, I would be happy to give it a whirl for the sake of £49 and an extra £3 a month.
Old 15-03-2011, 20:43   #4504
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Ben / DF,

Fair play, can understand you can't say too much at present. I would hope it is true though as whilst I am more than happy with my Samsung V+ box, the main draw of the TiVo box was the bigger HDD as I now record most content in HD and the V+ drive quickly fills up with max. 20 hours worth of HD. Obviously my initial thoughts are that £149 was too much just for a larger HDD but I would be happy to stretch to £49 for a 500GB TiVo as that should give about 50/60 hours of HD recording which would be more than enough.

The actual TiVo online services don't appeal me at present but if the 500GB did become available, I would be happy to give it a whirl for the sake of £49 and an extra £3 a month.
I think we should be more concerned at present with the soon to go live rollout of the present TiVo box and it is rather pointless to speculate on any possible new Vboxes, lets learn to walk before we can run.
Old 15-03-2011, 20:58   #4505
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Guys,

This may have already been answered but I can't be bothered to trawl through 300 pages of thread but seen the following artticle on the VMHD website -

http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2011/03/500...n-its-way.html

Are any VM staff members able to confirm or deny whether this is true as this box at a price of £49 plus installation would be a massive seller compared to the 1TB box at £100 more.

Cheers
The price can not be right the only difference is the size of the HDD and the difference between 500GB and 1TB is not £100 more like £20/30 at the very most.
Old 15-03-2011, 21:02   #4506
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I think we should be more concerned at present with the soon to go live rollout of the present TiVo box and it is rather pointless to speculate on any possible new Vboxes, lets learn to walk before we can run.
Masque,

I would hope on launch that all goes well with TiVo as this seems to have been one of the most prolongued launches of any product with it "officially" being launched in December 2010 and half way through March no official line other than the "coming soon" emails.

I would imagine that VMs plan would be to eventually (over a few years) migrate all customers over to TiVo as it could then be a market leading providing they fully utilise the online capabilities with content. In light of this, one could assume that a range of TiVo boxes will become available similar to the current range of V HD Box (lower / middle market) and V+ Box (premium).

However, like you say, I am all speculation!
Old 15-03-2011, 21:37   #4507
Mikey1981
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough

Still no callback re: tivo comp, are they still calling back?
Old 15-03-2011, 21:42   #4508
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Was it in your suggestions?
No.
Old 15-03-2011, 21:44   #4509
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1981 View Post
Still no callback re: tivo comp, are they still calling back?
Im still waiting too. TBH I'd just get out your wallet ready for when Virgin Media tell you to pay for it.
Old 15-03-2011, 22:20   #4510
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post
Im still waiting too. TBH I'd just get out your wallet ready for when Virgin Media tell you to pay for it.
Everyone can't win Matt
Old 15-03-2011, 22:24   #4511
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Everyone can't win Matt
They could but just say that you are now tied in to a 10 year contract
Old 15-03-2011, 22:26   #4512
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
They could but just say that you are now tied in to a 10 year contract
ha ha
Old 15-03-2011, 22:45   #4513
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

I'm tied to a life time contract
Old 16-03-2011, 06:52   #4514
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Have watched quite a few of my recorded programs on my tivo,But i have noticed if i try to stop a program part way thru. It goes back to menu`s but still keeps playing it in top right window.Only way i can get it to stop is by pressing tv button,Is anyone else having same problem or am i doing something wrong.Surely pressing stop should just stop it,Also some have been saying sd picture quality not so good,Got to say sd picture just as good for me and i personally thing hd picture is far better(sharper) than the v+ boxes.
Thanx for any help/suggestions in advance
Old 16-03-2011, 07:03   #4515
Mikey1981
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post
I had a call Matt, I was at work, when I phoned virgin they said they were still chasing this calls but its a couple of weeks now.
Closed Thread