Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin media emails problem

Old 08-06-2020, 12:46   #1
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Virgin media emails problem

I tried several times to access my emails today, but I keep getting 'Method Not Allowed' come up on screen.

I understand that this is a 405 error and it is Virgin Media's site that needs fixing. What is the best way of drawing VM's attention to this problem?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2020, 12:49   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Virgin media emails problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I tried several times to access my emails today, but I keep getting 'Method Not Allowed' come up on screen.

I understand that this is a 405 error and it is Virgin Media's site that needs fixing. What is the best way of drawing VM's attention to this problem?
l had a problem early this morning but it sorted itself out.

Phone up customer services or try to talk to them by webchat OB.
Old 08-06-2020, 13:11   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l had a problem early this morning but it sorted itself out.

Phone up customer services or try to talk to them by webchat OB.
Thanks, Den. I've just seen the answer to this problem on the VM Community Forum. The response was:

VM have changed their log-in procedures for mail and for My Virgin Media as preparatory work for further changes later in the year. It is a matter of fact that this change has not been publicised in advance, hence your surprise this morning. I shouldn't be surprised if we get a flood of queries like this today and over the next few days.

You will have to change the way you log in and the bookmark you use. Use the e-mail link at the top of this page and bookmark the resulting URL. That works. I did it this morning and it was fine.

I tried deleting my bookmark and re-entering the website address and yes, that worked!

I am surprised that VM hasn't alerted its subscribers to this. It wouldn't have taken much effort to put an alert on the web site. It's just as well I was not in a particular hurry to get my information out there!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 13:59   #4
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

It seems like this change has had a few knock-on effects as our MyVM account is showing no services under it, no broadband (which I am currently using to post this!).

There has been a few other MyVM quirks recently like a banner showing up last week saying we were just upgraded to 200Mb broadband but we have had 200Mb since it came out.

It's Weird that they wouldn't mention these kinds of changes ahead of time.

It's a shame this has not fixed the stupid password requirements they still have, 8 - 10 characters long and alphanumeric only (no symbols). They must be using some seriously outdated backend code. I wonder if the MyVM account passwords are stored plaintext too considering those limitations.

Last edited by ileikcaek; 08-06-2020 at 14:09.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote