Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2008 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2008 Season

Old 15-03-2008, 16:25   #16
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Re: Formula 1 2008 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
He qualified 16th with his time, then his engine died before the pits, thats why he's 16th, didn't break any rules.
Slight tongue in cheek comment from me that was, implying that Ferrari usually get away with following rules that are dentrimental to their teams/drivers performance.(such as the "failure to finish the session" rule that he's been a victim of in this case).
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2008, 17:18   #17
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
Wander how long Flavio and Fernando stay mates, I give it two races maximum before he start throwing his toys out the pram again.

Also, is it too early in the season for the FIA to come up with a reason why Räikkönen shouldn't be starting from the back of the grid?
well we all know the .....ferrari intervention agency .... do seem to favour the red cars
Old 15-03-2008, 17:26   #18
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

ferrari intervention agency? thought it was Ferrari International Assistance
Old 15-03-2008, 17:29   #19
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

I would put my money on Hamilton - he wiped the floor with Ferarri - all be it they had technical issues - BUT if Mclaren keep straight, dont mess around and with Alonso gone, this should sure as hell make good viewing.

I know I am going to Silverstone in July - Booked me tickets already!
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 21:18   #20
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Don't know what anyone else thought, but I thought that was a cracking start to the season
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 23:16   #21
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Great start for Hamilton, didn't realise until I read an article in the Telegraph but due to Mac/Mercs total team points deduction last season leaving them at the bottom of the pile they now get the smallest pit lane garage and the last choice of pit lane position. It means that they will not be able to carry the same amount of spares backup etc so any success this year will be more than well earned.

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 18:39   #22
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Back on the BBC next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7306123.stm

No more adverts spoling the continuity of things.
Old 20-03-2008, 20:47   #23
ShaneC
cf.addict

ShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about them

yeah good news about going back to the bbc, hope they get back the original grand prix music. Did i hear that Murray may make a comeback, even if its just at special races?
ShaneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 21:56   #24
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
yeah good news about going back to the bbc, hope they get back the original grand prix music. Did i hear that Murray may make a comeback, even if its just at special races?
That would be the end of "the chain" by Fleetwood Mac.

.....I haven't heard it anywhere yet, but yes Murray commentating would be wonderfull, he did a race year, I think it was the British GP, wasn't for ITV. Any commentary's got to be better that Martin "my knowlege of motor racing is so amazing" Brundle, if his understanding of the cars and tactics is so good why did he not do better when he was racing, and why is he not now involved with a team.
Old 20-03-2008, 22:38   #25
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
That would be the end of "the chain" by Fleetwood Mac.

.....I haven't heard it anywhere yet, but yes Murray commentating would be wonderfull, he did a race year, I think it was the British GP, wasn't for ITV. Any commentary's got to be better that Martin "my knowlege of motor racing is so amazing" Brundle, if his understanding of the cars and tactics is so good why did he not do better when he was racing, and why is he not now involved with a team.
I'm amazed that the issue of who will commentate is such a prominent point of discussion

- a comment I saw earlier "replace James Allen with 'The Stig' " refers

As for fleetwood mac - Black Magic Woman, currently - but 'The Chain' would be a welcome return
Old 06-04-2008, 14:33   #26
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

grrrr ruddy alonso
Old 06-04-2008, 15:00   #27
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Yet another boring procession
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 18:45   #28
tcbass
Inactive

Services: L TV-V+ & L BB
tcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
grrrr ruddy alonso
Yes how dare he being in front in a slower car. He must apologise immediately and unreservedly...

And for all the other cars that dared not get straight out of the way... what can I say... at least it was made abundantly clear to them by suitable waving of fist that they may not defend their track position.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Great start for Hamilton, didn't realise until I read an article in the Telegraph but due to Mac/Mercs total team points deduction last season leaving them at the bottom of the pile they now get the smallest pit lane garage and the last choice of pit lane position. It means that they will not be able to carry the same amount of spares backup etc so any success this year will be more than well earned.

Jim.
They were actually in the 5th Garage (God (actually probably Bernie) knows why) for the first two races. Bahrain was the firs where they were in their correct (bast on last years finishing, how it usually works) last garage. Will have to see what happens when it's back in Europe next race.
tcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 19:07   #29
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

[QUOTE=tcbass;34522387]Yes how dare he being in front in a slower car. He must apologise immediately and unreservedly...

don't you mean how dare he purposely cause an accident ,by lifting off in his usual unsporting way .
Old 06-04-2008, 19:31   #30
homealone

[QUOTE=papa smurf;34522413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
Yes how dare he being in front in a slower car. He must apologise immediately and unreservedly...

don't you mean how dare he purposely cause an accident ,by lifting off in his usual unsporting way .
looks like the telemetry doesn't agree

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66448

The media would like nothing better than a feud between Hamilton & Alonso, but I think we have to be wary of that - Martin Brundle did only call what he saw, but didn't appear to give Alonso much in the way of the benefit of the doubt??

I have to say I agreed with him, at the time