Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Old 17-07-2012, 08:23   #241
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
Re: Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

His supervisor keeps giving him hell too..
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2012, 15:45   #242
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Do you have to receive a letter from Virgin about your internet upgrade before they do it or can they do it without letting you know it has happened?
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 16:01   #243
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

they sent out double letters a few months ago. then once you're doubled you get another letter saying your up and running on one of the new double speeds.

well thats what i got anyway

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
His supervisor keeps giving him hell too..
smart kid Kwik to the forum
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 16:04   #244
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
they sent out double letters a few months ago. then once you're doubled you get another letter saying your up and running on one of the new double speeds.

well thats what i got anyway
My connection is meant to be update by the end of this month, but I have't received any letters regarding it. What does this mean?
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 16:11   #245
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

could be that they haven't yet made sufficient upgrades to the network. call in and ask, they might upgrade you while your on the phone
Old 17-07-2012, 18:07   #246
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

The webpage for checking if your area has been doubled has changed today, totally redesigned and seems to have more updated info. For example yesterday it was telling me March/April and today says my area is complete.

http://doublespeed.virginmedia.com/
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 18:36   #247
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Lol, first update, and my area is already delayed:

"Your area's upgrade is going to take a while longer
March 2013 and August 2013"

Used to say October 2012 - July 2013.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 18:51   #248
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

I noticed it now says "We'll be upgrading you to 120Mb in AUTUMN" Rather than Summer as it did previously
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 19:06   #249
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
I noticed it now says "We'll be upgrading you to 120Mb in AUTUMN" Rather than Summer as it did previously
Indian summer? Customer Services summer?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 19:19   #250
thenry
Inactive

no summer
Old 17-07-2012, 19:46   #251
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
aka maybe we will get round to it in January?

We had to wait a very long time for the initial UBR upgrades over everyone else, i.e. 100mb has only been in our area for a few months compared to those for a year+, now I have the sneaky suspicion they will hold back the 1:10 upload ratio for a long time also.

VM is starting to lie constantly now, and keep failing to meet demands/deadlines.

Bet those that decide when work is carried out had "Can work within deadlines" on their CV's and App forms.
Yeah im quoting myself...

How close was I :P

December 2012 and May 2013 is the now official date for Uddingston, changed from July and Onwards.

I knew it would happen.
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 20:09   #252
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
We estimate your area will be ready between: December 2012 and May 2013
rofl, was july, big hike in months that. tbh it virginmedia, where we ever gonna get it on time.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 20:29   #253
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Gone from July onwards to between December 2012 and May 2013
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 21:19   #254
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

that's virgin i can gurantee virgin will push liverpool's date back again from December 2012 to May 2013 to near christmas next year
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 21:35   #255
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
Gone from July onwards to between December 2012 and May 2013

My double speed was from July 2012 onwards when I checked last month for RG41, now I get to between December 2012 and May 2013.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote