Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 00:51   #316
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Great news from DF today then, probably the deal clincher for me

Couple of questions -
  1. Am currently on a retentions deal and my total cost for services are £66 per month which includes -

• XL TV
    • L Broadband
    • L Phone
    • V+ HD Box downstairs
    • V Box Upstairs
    • Sky Sports Collection
    • HD Package

The billing is quite complex for our account, there is discounts and goodwill gestures which even I can't work out the maths. (I could post it if someone wants to try figure it out LOL)

Am assuming I would need to speak to Customer Services to arrange any install?

2. What if I wanted to keep the V+HD Box but have this installed upstairs, would there be a charge for keeping it? Maybe if my billing was clearer I would know if am paying for that or the other V box?
  3. I pre-registered for Tivo back in December, received a couple of emails about it and also received the prize draw raffle ticket, yet never received the Dean email or the corrected one, does that mean am registered for it and can await the email next week or not?
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2011, 00:54   #317
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's called giving you a reason to upgrade
Indeed... simples!

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Great news from DF today then, probably the deal clincher for me

Couple of questions -
  1. Am currently on a retentions deal and my total cost for services are £66 per month which includes -

• XL TV
    • L Broadband
    • L Phone
    • V+ HD Box downstairs
    • V Box Upstairs
    • Sky Sports Collection
    • HD Package

The billing is quite complex for our account, there is discounts and goodwill gestures which even I can't work out the maths. (I could post it if someone wants to try figure it out LOL)

Am assuming I would need to speak to Customer Services to arrange any install?

2. What if I wanted to keep the V+HD Box but have this installed upstairs, would there be a charge for keeping it? Maybe if my billing was clearer I would know if am paying for that or the other V box?
  3. I pre-registered for Tivo back in December, received a couple of emails about it and also received the prize draw raffle ticket, yet never received the Dean email or the corrected one, does that mean am registered for it and can await the email next week or not?
I should imagine you'll get the pre-sale email... I don't see why not. If you have complicated billing, it's always best speaking to Customer Care on the 11th(ish)
Old 06-04-2011, 01:19   #318
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Not everyone is happy though. I still dont have an email lol
Old 06-04-2011, 02:04   #319
Ianmez78
Inactive

Services: VM VIP Pack 2nd TIVO & MUTV
Ianmez78 is on a distinguished roadIanmez78 is on a distinguished road

Hi if you are triple XL package with all sky premium channels and an extra box or VIP30
not sure about packge details completely would it be worth upgrading to VIP50 to get the tivo fee waved thanks looking to swap both boxesfor Tivo any help appreciated
Old 06-04-2011, 02:21   #320
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I should imagine you'll get the pre-sale email... I don't see why not. If you have complicated billing, it's always best speaking to Customer Care on the 11th(ish)
Thanks DF, I will be calling them next week at somepoint
Old 06-04-2011, 07:35   #321
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Total agree thought we had seen the last of that crap
Its the worst programme on tv along with some of these celebrity and reality type shows.

---------- Post added at 07:35 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

Can you tell me when l order my tivo next week whether the baby tivo is available as well or will this be released on a further date.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:50   #322
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

As far as i understand it only the 1TB daddy will be available next week. The smaller , baby TiVo is scheduled for later this Spring but we will hear more about it next week. This is in order for you to make an informed choice about which TiVo box is right for you.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:22   #323
Johnlouis
Inactive

Services: TiVo-XL TV; XL30 BB; M Phone; Virgin Mobile
Johnlouis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post
I have had enough of TiVO already. My brain is mashed with it and I dont have one yet

Nothing is going my way at all.

Did not win the raffle
Only on XL so cant get the offer discount of the install in April
Had no email since they said I didnt win te raffle even though they said I would get an email
As far as I understand it the free install for TiVo is available to all existing customers who order in April. The only requirement to ordering TiVo is that you are on the XL TV package, which you seem to already have, so it looks like your luck isn't so bad after all!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:41   #324
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianmez78 View Post
Hi if you are triple XL package with all sky premium channels and an extra box or VIP30
not sure about packge details completely would it be worth upgrading to VIP50 to get the tivo fee waved thanks looking to swap both boxesfor Tivo any help appreciated
VIP50 would have the TiVo monthly charge included, so upgrading would benefit you.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:53   #325
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Yes it would and also other shows with the names in the title E.T.C ( Also the ones with Chicago and Bears in the title ). So you could end up with shows that you may have missed and shows that you will never known have been on due to suggestions ( If you give it the thumbs up during the showing )
Is there a guide for the search engine syntax?
For instance:
1) Exact phrase matching? e.g. "chicago bears"
2) Required and excluded words? e.g. +chicago +bears -panda
3) Partial matching? e.g. star* (or does it always partial match, e.g. star would find star and stars and start etc?)
4) Is there minimum characters that can be searched?
5) Does it automatically discover plurals or similar words?

Cheers

Boz
Old 06-04-2011, 10:54   #326
LoveFibre
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV and M Telephone
LoveFibre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Tribune supply the EPG data.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Everyone gets an email for pre reg's on 11th(ish)... it will either invite you to order online or a special sales line to order.. if you have extra requirements then you will be able to ring the sales team too.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Yes, but after the pre reg's order, so probably a week later I think.
So is this going to be a special order telephone number? What about us poor souls who have fallen out of the Virgin Media TIVO database :-(
Old 06-04-2011, 10:57   #327
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
VIP50 would have the TiVo monthly charge included, so upgrading would benefit you.
I thought it was only waved for existing packages only. Would an upgrade not be classified as a new customer then?
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59   #328
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Eh?

By adding TiVo you will get moved on the the current pricing for the VIP bundles, due to the way the discounts work
Old 06-04-2011, 11:23   #329
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Eh?

By adding TiVo you will get moved on the the current pricing for the VIP bundles, due to the way the discounts work
maybe my memory then sorry. I thought I had read that the scapping of the £3 TIVO charge only applied to existing customers and not new customers.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:38   #330
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
Is there a guide for the search engine syntax?
For instance:
1) Exact phrase matching? e.g. "chicago bears"
2) Required and excluded words? e.g. +chicago +bears -panda
3) Partial matching? e.g. star* (or does it always partial match, e.g. star would find star and stars and start etc?)
4) Is there minimum characters that can be searched?
5) Does it automatically discover plurals or similar words?

Cheers

Boz
Not sure where the full guide is, but basically you use the thumbs buttons to exclude words, make them optional or mandatory. Put a space between for exact phrase matching. Add a * at the end for partial match. (You can put * in the middle, but it treats it as the end of a word. so "H*I" will find Have I Got News For You but not Hawaii Five-O)

There doesn't appear to be a minimum length, but "Find Upcoming Programmes" can take a couple of minutes if there are many matches. Not an issue in real life.

I think you have to use * to find plurals etc.
Closed Thread