Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2016, 15:52   #496
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post
Cameron has stated BREXIT WILL HAPPEN! So get over it Remainers and start working with us leavers,

The U.K. economy is in a position to withstand conditions worse than the most awful predictions.
I agree that the UK economy is better placed than it was.

But how will he guarantee that the next PM will implement Brexit given that so many MPs are opposed to it?

And how will he control the votes of MPs voting on any required legislation?

The only way Cameron can ensure Brexit is to tell EU leaders in his next meeting that we are activating Article 50 but he said he would leave that to the new PM.
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2016, 15:58   #497
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post
The U.K. economy is in a position to withstand conditions worse than the most awful predictions.
So where does this statement of fact come from?

At the same time which corner stones of the leave campaign are left?

Immigration, either it was never about that or we didn't really mean it depending on which part of the leave campaign you were part of.

Money, we didn't mean we were going to spend all the money we saved (not sure how much will be left after we pay for access to the single market or EEA).

Control of our borders, gone from we will reduce immigration to we just meant have control to now looking more likely to go back to (or carry on with depending on your view) free movement of labor if we want access to the single market of EEA.

J
Old 27-06-2016, 16:12   #498
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefrost View Post
So where does this statement of fact come from?

At the same time which corner stones of the leave campaign are left?

Immigration, either it was never about that or we didn't really mean it depending on which part of the leave campaign you were part of.

Money, we didn't mean we were going to spend all the money we saved (not sure how much will be left after we pay for access to the single market or EEA).

Control of our borders, gone from we will reduce immigration to we just meant have control to now looking more likely to go back to (or carry on with depending on your view) free movement of labor if we want access to the single market of EEA.

J
I think George Osborne in his speech said the deficit had been knocked down from 11% of GDP to just 3%.

Mark Carney said that they had been planning for this possibility for months and had allocated £250 Billion pounds to shore up the economy.

We'll only know for sure about immigration when we hear what plan the new PM is going with and also what steps the government will take to ensure that areas with high immigrant populations are well resourced so that locals are not disadvantaged as well as what steps are to be taken to ensure better distribution of immigrants throughout the country.

If locals can get better, fairer access to schools, medical treatment and jobs hopefully that will ease the resentment towards immigrants.
Old 27-06-2016, 17:01   #499
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

What we need is the Leave campaign leaders to come out with strong media messages deploring the spate of racism incidents that the vote has unleashed.

'Go back home' - Bitter backlash post EU referendum

I read this BBC article and feel sick at what some of the Leave supporters are doing on the back of this decision.

I know that Farage was cited as a racist and neo nazi when at school but even he should be making statements deploring this behaviour ..
Old 27-06-2016, 17:04   #500
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Mad cow disease outbreak in 1992 compared to the Leave vote. It's obvious what happened.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13510814_10157079373230597_5911876635616208935_n[1].jpg (50.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 27-06-2016, 17:06   #501
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Mad cow disease outbreak in 1992 compared to the Leave vote. It's obvious what happened.
I think people are trying to move away from nasty bullying tactics.

Old 27-06-2016, 17:07   #502
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
What we need is the Leave campaign leaders to come out with strong media messages deploring the spate of racism incidents that the vote has unleashed.

'Go back home' - Bitter backlash post EU referendum

I read this BBC article and feel sick at what some of the Leave supporters are doing on the back of this decision.

I know that Farage was cited as a racist and neo nazi when at school but even he should be making statements deploring this behaviour ..
Yes indeed as there are no excuses in my mind for any type of racism but we must not pigeon hole the vast majority of Leave voters who are not racist or bigoted at all as they made their decision for what they felt was in the best interests of this country going forward.
Old 27-06-2016, 17:12   #503
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Yes indeed as there are no excuses in my mind for any type of racism but we must not pigeon hole the 99% of Leave voters who are not racist or bigoted at all as they made their decision for what they felt was in the best interests of this country going forward.
Den, you misunderstand. I am *NOT* saying for one minute that the vast majority of Leave voters support this and I would be disappointed if you think I am.

However, without a strong condemnation from *all* the Remain leaders, the idiots who are doing this will feel that their actions are, in some way, legitimate.
Old 27-06-2016, 17:23   #504
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No of course l don't think you are ianch as l quite agree in that all the main leaders of their political parties need to condemn in the strongest possible language any of sort of racism and violence.
Old 27-06-2016, 17:34   #505
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

I listened to the PM's statement on the referendum result and to a good hour and a bit of questions and answers afterwards.

It was interesting on many levels, not least of which being that he suggested the UK will know what kind of relationship it wants to seek with the EU before hitting the article 50 button.
Old 27-06-2016, 17:46   #506
RizzyKing

Racists are ignorant knuckle draggers and are absolutely nothing to do with leave voters or in anyway represent them this is just their latest excuse to attack people and it's not like they need much. For the ones commiting racist acts it doesn't matter who condemns them because they don't care and I've seen it for myself as we had a card posted through our letterbox this afternoon telling us "to go home, your not wanted". I assume it was meant for my eastern European neighbours but I'm happy for them to think my house is the one so my neighbours don't have to deal with it.

Have had the same thing happen at least once a year so it's a bit of a ritual now pick it off the floor, look at it, laugh and put it in the bin. Racism is ever present in a very small minority and always will be there are no more racists this week then there were before the referendum.

Old 27-06-2016, 18:11   #507
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
there are no more racists this week then there were before the referendum.
but there are a lot more racists incidents it seems.
Old 27-06-2016, 18:16   #508
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Just as well my pension isn't dependent on the stock market, FTSE 250 has fallen 14% in the last 2 days , the worst since 1987. Sterling is plummeting so we can say goodbye to holidays abroad, and a recession is predicted for 2017 which will be nice... Project Fear is proving very accurate so far.
Remind me what the benefits of leaving were? Money for the NHS? No that was a lie. Less immigration, apparently not. A lot who voted leave are scratching their heads today; for once they can't totally blame politicians.
Old 27-06-2016, 18:23   #509
ntluser
cf.mega poster

I often wish that there was some magic spell that would temporarily transform racists so that they would be forced into the footsteps of people who they detest in order that they could experience what racism is like when they are on the receiving end.

Maybe then they would understand better what it is like to be persecuted, disrespected, humiliated, ill-treated and hated.
Old 27-06-2016, 18:25   #510
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I listened to the PM's statement on the referendum result and to a good hour and a bit of questions and answers afterwards.

It was interesting on many levels, not least of which being that he suggested the UK will know what kind of relationship it wants to seek with the EU before hitting the article 50 button.
So the exact opposite of what he was saying during the campaign .I certainly do not favour invoking A50 immediately if at all but you would think an experienced statesman like Cameron would know that invoking A50 without a plan going forward is just plain nuts

Closed Thread