Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league?
View Poll Results: Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league
Yes 21 31.82%
No 39 59.09%
Unsure 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2012, 13:09   #136
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: Would you like to see Celtic and Rangers in the English league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You can argue this till the cows come home mate, and if you're not a Rangers fan/supporter then you will always have the view that they are guilty, and i do take on board your comment about being pedantic, but, at the end of the day thats what the courts are there for, HMRC are not the law of the land, and Rangers are innocent until proven otherwise, what gets me is the time that this whole "big" tax case is taking, and i'm pretty sure that the likes of Man U etc, who were mentioned in your posted link, and probably dozens of other English teams as well, will be pretty worried if HMRC win this case.
I think the important point you're missing is that the HMRC are the law of the land. Argue all you want but the facts are Rangers FC (IA) have been hit with a massive tax bill by those authorised to do so by Her Majesty and her Government.

As is their right they are appealing that decision through First Tier Tax Tribunal.

From the Government's web site:

"First–tier Tribunal (Tax) hears appeals against decisions relating to tax made by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)"

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/tax

I know many in the Scottish Press and a few Rangers spokesman keep repeating the mantra that they haven't been found guilty of anything.

They aren't renowned for letting facts get in the way of a good story though
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2012, 13:22   #137
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I know many in the Scottish Press and a few Rangers spokesman keep repeating the mantra that they haven't been found guilty of anything.
They aren't renowned for letting facts get in the way of a good story though
And they haven't, why would they be in court challenging it? you can throw all the links etc etc into the posts, it still does not make Rangers GUILTY, as for your last little dig i seem to recall an incident quite a long time ago with cfc, that they did there best to cover up, but we all knew what happened.........
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:39   #138
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
And they haven't, why would they be in court challenging it? you can throw all the links etc etc into the posts, it still does not make Rangers GUILTY, as for your last little dig i seem to recall an incident quite a long time ago with cfc, that they did there best to cover up, but we all knew what happened.........
No idea what you're referring to re CFC? Presumably if they didn't manage to cover up whatever you're talking about you can enlighten me.

Rangers aren't in court. They're at an appeal tribunal because they've been found guilty. Ignore facts all you want it doesn't change anything.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:45   #139
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Again, as i said earlier, this will always be the view that non Rangers fans will take, you're the one ignoring the facts, they may be guilty in the eyes of HMRC but until the decision has been made they are innocent until proven otherwise, i rest my case....
Old 04-06-2012, 14:05   #140
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

But HMRC have made the decision already....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:54   #141
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But HMRC have made the decision already....
A decision that is being challenged, and a decision which could yet prove to be wrong, thats why its being challenged..
Old 04-06-2012, 15:46   #142
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Not what you said
Quote:
they may be guilty in the eyes of HMRC but until the decision has been made they are innocent until proven otherwise
They have appealed against the "guilty" decision.
Old 04-06-2012, 16:16   #143
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Not what you said They have appealed against the "guilty" decision.
Jeez, what you on? I suppose its how you perceive it, or in your case "the way you want it to look anyway" but, as i've said all along Rangers are guilty of nothing, yet!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:03   #144
shaunthebrummie
Inactive

shaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathers

when they've finished reviewing the rangers tax case...can they look at celtic's allowing collections for a terrorist organisation...which is an offence.....which is as bad as paedophilia......
shaunthebrummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10   #145
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Got to love the "but someone else did something else, so it was OK for us to do something wrong" proposition......

btw, in the interest of "pot, kettle, black" scenarios, how are those designated terrorist organisations, the UVF and the LVF - still singing songs about them at Ibrox and fundraising at Orange Lodges?

Anyone who collects money for terrorist organisations should be prosecuted, no matter their religious inclinations.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:16   #146
shaunthebrummie
Inactive

shaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathersshaunthebrummie has ruffled too many feathers

so you're saying the collections made at celtic's grounds with the blessing(pun intended) of the board of celtic....is ok..celtic have blood on their hands...and this is why we in england hate you and them...what other club has had paedophilia and terrorist collections,as part of the clubs "illustrious" history.....vile club,horrible fans...in the league they deserve.....
Old 05-06-2012, 12:21   #147
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

No, I'm not saying that - as I stated above (amended whilst you were typing), I think anyone who collects money for terrorist organisations should be prosecuted.

btw, nice avoidance of my question....

Anyhoo, in reply to your commentary on behalf of everyone in England - I'm in England, and I don't hate them; you may find you speak for a small (bigoted) minority.

Your logic is only surpassed by your command of the English language.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:25   #148
shaunthebrummie
Inactive

so what you're saying is it's ok for celtic's fan to be allowed to collect money for a terrorist organisation at celtic's ground,with the blessing (pun intended) of the celtic board.this means celtic have the blood of innocents on their hands.what other club has terrorist support/worship and paedophilia as part of its "illustrious" history.vile club,horrible fans.and this is why we hate celtic and its paranoid,deluded fans.celtic and its fans think everyones against them.....of course they are...every one [Mod Edit - inappropriate word removed] hates celtic.....
---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

You will not insult Mods or other site members
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26   #149
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

It is against site T&C's to use language that invokes the swear filter, or to use obfuscation (such as asterisks) to avoid the swear filter - repetition of this behaviour will invoke the infraction system.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:42   #150
mike24
Inactive

Services: super hub 2, 50Mbps, TiVo 500MB Tv, phone
mike24 will become famous soon enoughmike24 will become famous soon enoughmike24 will become famous soon enough

It would be a good idea but the SPL would never allow it!
michael
mike24 is offline   Reply With Quote