Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 07-06-2013, 17:16   #3796
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Hugh's weird 5 hourly spikes are rather odd, I had the same thing happen to me when I changed my superhub from 144 to 300Mbps wifi mode, every 5 hours like clockwork the ping graph showed that spike (though not as big as my graph is a lot nicer) and it went away as soon as I went back to 144Mbps mode. Yet another firmware bug? Wouldn't surprise me!

Here's mine right now, I still have the jittery minimum latency, I doubt that will ever go away, though others with US bonding don't get it as bad, if at all.

ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2013, 17:35   #3797
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymallory View Post
Hugh's weird 5 hourly spikes are rather odd, I had the same thing happen to me when I changed my superhub from 144 to 300Mbps wifi mode, every 5 hours like clockwork the ping graph showed that spike (though not as big as my graph is a lot nicer) and it went away as soon as I went back to 144Mbps mode. Yet another firmware bug? Wouldn't surprise me!

Here's mine right now, I still have the jittery minimum latency, I doubt that will ever go away, though others with US bonding don't get it as bad, if at all.
Mine went away as soon as i got a SH2.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 19:19   #3798
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently have 216 T3 timeouts and Virgin Media are sending someone out on Monday, blah.
MattGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 19:20   #3799
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I think that is the worst graph i have seen and would expect you to have zero internet access.
Old 08-06-2013, 15:56   #3800
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I think that is the worst graph i have seen and would expect you to have zero internet access.
I'm just glad I have some connection and nothing at all
MattGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 19:37   #3801
Grumpywurzel
Inactive

Services: Sky+,Virgin M+TV, 30mb Tinterweb
Grumpywurzel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post

Currently have 216 T3 timeouts and Virgin Media are sending someone out on Monday, blah.
Your internet must be almost like 56K dial up!!!

This is mine today-

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...8-06-2013.html
Grumpywurzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 20:56   #3802
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

I moved from Crawley to Sawbridgeworth on the weekend, to an area where Sky dishes are not allowed (and subsequently a lot of people go for a Virginmedia bundle). My very under-utilised Crawley connection has now been exchanged for something much different. I can see arround 8 virginmedia SSIDs nearby, previously I could see none!).

The increase in minimum latency seems to be partly due to me streaming via Lovefilm (the outage was when I was rearranging everything).

Despite taking my V1 Superhub and TiVo with me, I was given a Superhub 2 and a new Samsung Tivo. I'm currently using the SH2 in router mode, mainly for the 5GHz feature.

Strange thing is, despite having a dodgy -looking graph, everything seems to be working fine.
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 23:50   #3803
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Old 11-06-2013, 20:01   #3804
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

The above is after R38

Below is prior to R38

Spot the difference
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 22:37   #3805
jamonymo
Inactive

Services: 100mb virgin media tivo
jamonymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Finaly i have got my 2nd upstream now i have 8ds and 2us, the rise in the chart is me uploading videos every day to youtube

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...06-06-2013.png

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

i am loving it for once now all i need is the sh 2 then my 120/12 coming soon then nostm and i will be a happy customer for once

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
jamonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 23:14   #3806
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamonymo View Post
Finaly i have got my 2nd upstream now i have 8ds and 2us, the rise in the chart is me uploading videos every day to youtube

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...06-06-2013.png

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

i am loving it for once now all i need is the sh 2 then my 120/12 coming soon then nostm and i will be a happy customer for once

You need to chose a ping server that is in the UK and now 4000 miles away.
Old 11-06-2013, 23:37   #3807
jamonymo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You need to chose a ping server that is in the UK and now 4000 miles away.
why do i this show how good the jitters are, they will be even lower in the uk server wont they
Old 11-06-2013, 23:47   #3808
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

You ping of 122 is not good, that is why i said chose a local server, i would expect a ping of around 15, your jitter looks ok though.

Old 12-06-2013, 00:04   #3809
jamonymo
Inactive

yes i have done tested a close server and yes my ping is like you said i was just trying to show of my low jitters at a server so far away my local test are about the same as yours but i have had 10 to 20 jitters on average for the last 1 year and i am very happy they finally fixed it
Old 12-06-2013, 00:06   #3810
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

My jitter improved when i got the SH2.