Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller Display not available?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Caller Display not available?

Old 10-02-2010, 21:44   #16
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Re: Caller Display not available?

well rang VM today and caller display is not available in the brighton area
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2010, 14:46   #17
cymap1
Inactive

cymap1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just rang aswell and its still not available in Stoke on trent
cymap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 23:09   #18
page3
Inactive

page3 has a spectacular aura about thempage3 has a spectacular aura about thempage3 has a spectacular aura about thempage3 has a spectacular aura about them

Buy a VOIP/DECT phone. Sign up to a provider of your choice. Pick a nice number (same area code or another). Get caller ID for free, and massively cheaper calls. Job done.
page3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 23:11   #19
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

I ordered caller display online after they said it wasn't available on the phone and then it was activated the next day
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 14:30   #20
blueranger
cf.member

blueranger is an unknown quantity at this point

Just called 150 to order caller display but it seems it's not available here in Bromley. How did you manage to order it on-line? I've searched but not found anywhere to do that.
blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 15:51   #21
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueranger View Post
Just called 150 to order caller display but it seems it's not available here in Bromley. How did you manage to order it on-line? I've searched but not found anywhere to do that.
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/form...gCustomer.html
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 09:49   #22
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
just tried to do it that way and the website got to the bit where it asks you for extra services on your phone line, i could only either tick anonomous caller or international calls, it gives you a list of additional services that maybe avalable but you need to phone 150 after services are completed.
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 10:22   #23
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Services: Internet VIVID 150Mb Tv M, Phone - Talk weekends.
nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Just phone 150. Its as simple as that, why complicate things ?

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by page3 View Post
Buy a VOIP/DECT phone. Sign up to a provider of your choice. Pick a nice number (same area code or another). Get caller ID for free, and massively cheaper calls. Job done.
Thats fine in principal but some of us are on bundles/retention deals, so if we cancel part of our package (assuming we are allowed to) our monthly price will increase!
nigelmclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 11:09   #24
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Caller display is available in my area but it's a £20 set-up charge... Out of contract now though so might try to get it later this year as a retention deal
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 11:14   #25
nigelmclelland
Inactive

nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Caller display is available in my area but it's a £20 set-up charge... Out of contract now though so might try to get it later this year as a retention deal
I am out of contract and on a retention deal too.

I hope you mean £2.00 set-up charge? - You can still go for it phone 150. What area are you in ?
Old 21-02-2010, 11:23   #26
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Area 24... and yes I am correct it's £20 (someone will probably give the correct explanation soon but it's the same reason as to why I have 700Kb upload speed on 10Mb and 5 sticky IP addresses )
Old 21-02-2010, 11:31   #27
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Thumbs down Re: Caller Display not available?

Quote:
Area 24... and yes I am correct it's £20 (someone will probably give the correct explanation soon but it's the same reason as to why I have 700Kb upload speed on 10Mb and 5 sticky IP addresses )
That cant be right. Phone um up and ask for it to be added. LOl ! Caller display is £2.00 PCM
Old 21-02-2010, 12:04   #28
Kymmy
Inactive

For you yes, for me there's a £20 set up fee and then it's the £2 per month

You seem to be forgetting that VM do more than just residential services and although the business users user the same network/system the benefits and charging structure is different
Old 21-02-2010, 12:23   #29
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Quote:
For you yes, for me there's a £20 set up fee and then it's the £2 per month

You seem to be forgetting that VM do more than just residential services and although the business users user the same network/system the benefits and charging structure is different
Agh, now you tell me that you are a business user, thats a different story. I dont know much about Virginmedia's business solutions sorry.
Old 22-02-2010, 08:59   #30
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Quote:
What?! That's outrageous! All they do is flick a switch on at the exchange.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote