Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : 2008 & 2009 Specials

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : 2008 & 2009 Specials

Old 19-11-2009, 17:12   #211
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Doctor Who : 2008 & 2009 Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
I fully understand the need to have all the box sets in the same style packaging.
I see that Amazon have the Complete Doctor Who - Series 1-4 for £58.48.

The B5 boxset was around £100 at the time, it was down to £60 this summer. Currently £62.98 including The Lost Tales.
I'd buy that 1-4 boxset if I didn't have each season already

Used to love B5 back when it first started on Ch4.

Also adzii you are welcome. Happy viewing
Old 25-12-2009, 19:12   #212
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

John Simm must have had a lot of fun filming that!

And the ending... I wasn't expecting that. I thought RTD might drag out the Daleks yet again or something, but not that...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 19:17   #213
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

Spoiler: 
The master race.

Get out of that. I can't wait for the next part to it.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 20:51   #214
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Well that was a roller-coaster of an episode, and a great twist at the end.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 21:07   #215
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

Dr Poo imo
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 22:36   #216
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I wasn't very impressed by the episode itself (although I did love John Simm's OTT Master), but I did like the twist at the end.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 03:57   #217
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

There is a clip of part 2. Don't watch it until you have watched part one though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/episodes/S0_09
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 05:42   #218
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I wasn't very impressed by the episode itself (although I did love John Simm's OTT Master), but I did like the twist at the end.
Me neither.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 10:41   #219
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I really enjoyed it and am glad to see the

Spoiler: 
Timelords back

although from the clips it looks like

Spoiler: 
Those scenes take place during the Time war
Old 26-12-2009, 12:51   #220
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Ditto. Not the best IMO, but lets see where the twist goes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 13:40   #221
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I'm pretty much sure John Simm saved that episode.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 13:49   #222
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Hhhmmm not seen it yet and from what people are saying it sounds pretty poor like the last special was, still I live in hope
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 14:04   #223
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

It wasn't awful, just a little weak.

Was fun to spot the locations around here where they were filming though, the part in the docks when the Doctor sees The Master for the first time is about a mile from where I live and the scene where they were in the cafe and Donna was outside was done back in early April.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 17:16   #224
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

It wasn't that it was poor, I am sure seeing the 2nd part it will make it a lot better.

Usually the first part of something can just be a story build up and until you see the final part of the story you can feel a little let down.

The Doctors breakdown in the cafe with Wilf was one of the best scenes imo.
Old 26-12-2009, 21:27   #225
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

I am wondering if it will be revealed that Wilf is actually Tom, from Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 AD and he had to have his mind, wiped like Donna's and that is why there is a connection to the Doctor.

If not, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't play on that connection, when he first appeared in Voyage of the Damned. It would have been a good way to connect the new style Dr Who to the past.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote