Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ryanair Censured

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ryanair Censured

Old 19-04-2012, 14:47   #136
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Ryanair Censured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
You sure you have checked Coach, Train and Hitchhiking?
Yes. I can fly to Mallorca for around £30, in two hours. And I have the choice to buy food on board. But with the flight being only two hours, then if I was trying to keep costs doen, then I can manage 2 hours without eating. I can't do that by coach or train. And if I was hitch hiking, then I would still need acommodation and food on a long journey, which could cost a fortune.

So yet another HUGE FAIL Alan!!!!

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Reward vs Effort - taking a family on a coach or train to Spain would take days rather than hours, and as for hitch-hiking with a family of four and luggage, I am not sure if you have thought this fully through.....
I can't believe that you could suggest that Alan doesn't think things through

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Quote:
I am not asking if it is thet best way to travel, but is it the cheapest?
No it isn't Alan. There will be costs on any long journey, even if you are walking.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2012, 21:02   #137
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Yes, it is feasible to get to Spain hitch hiking but would you really want to?

Time is money and you would be spending hours wasted getting from one place to the next. And then you would have to factor in a stop over at a hotel and food to eat.
I can get a plane at a very good price that will get me there in about 2 hours or less and I will have saved time, money, not be physically drained, and also not have got in to a crazy persons car who could do anything to you!

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 09:25   #138
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes, it is feasible to get to Spain hitch hiking but would you really want to?

Time is money and you would be spending hours wasted getting from one place to the next. And then you would have to factor in a stop over at a hotel and food to eat.
I can get a plane at a very good price that will get me there in about 2 hours or less and I will have saved time, money, not be physically drained, and also not have got in to a crazy persons car who could do anything to you!
Not forgetting two ferry crossings (well, two crossings if you are going to Mallorca, as I mentioned earlier).
Old 20-04-2012, 09:38   #139
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Yes. I can fly to Mallorca for around £30, in two hours. And I have the choice to buy food on board. But with the flight being only two hours, then if I was trying to keep costs doen, then I can manage 2 hours without eating. I can't do that by coach or train. And if I was hitch hiking, then I would still need acommodation and food on a long journey, which could cost a fortune.

So yet another HUGE FAIL Alan!!!!

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

I can't believe that you could suggest that Alan doesn't think things through

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

No it isn't Alan. There will be costs on any long journey, even if you are walking.
Yuo do not have to have acommodation and food on the way (you can take food from home for example), you can get food on a train as well, also how do you know you will not be hungary when you fly and if you do, you will have to spend money at the airport

Then again, it would not matter if you were not so desperate to look for the cheapest way to travel

Lastly, does the £30 fare include all taxes and all charges?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 10:04   #140
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yuo do not have to have acommodation and food on the way (you can take food from home for example), you can get food on a train as well, also how do you know you will not be hungary when you fly and if you do, you will have to spend money at the airport

Then again, it would not matter if you were not so desperate to look for the cheapest way to travel

Alan. Think before you type.....it doesn't take much working out to see that flying to spain is the cheapest way to get there by far.

You have lost this argument ages ago, so stop clutching at straws
Old 20-04-2012, 10:17   #141
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:

There you go Alan, return flight to Mallorca - £50.98 including all taxs and charges.

Train and ferry - £275 for the train and €94 for the ferry. Not to mention the time spent travelling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (37.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png train.png (64.1 KB, 4 views)
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 10:21   #142
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Alan. Think before you type.....it doesn't take much working out to see that flying to spain is the cheapest way to get there by far.

You have lost this argument ages ago, so stop clutching at straws
That is not case, what about drving, hitchhiking and taking the bus/coach?

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
There you go Alan, return flight to Mallorca - £50.98 including all taxs and charges.

Train and ferry - £275 for the train and €94 for the ferry. Not to mention the time spent travelling.
What Ferry operators and Airlines do those prices, and what abour the price of driving, bus/coach and hitchhiking?
Old 20-04-2012, 10:31   #143
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Alan, the ferry alone is more expensive than the flight for a foot passenger how exactly in your world would it be cheaper to take a car? Never mind the cost of fuel.
Old 20-04-2012, 10:33   #144
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
Alan, the ferry alone is more expensive than the flight for a foot passenger how exactly in your world would it be cheaper to take a car? Never mind the cost of fuel.
You don't have to the the ferry direct to Spain for a start...

And what about the cost of Bus/Coach, Walking and Hitchhiking?
Old 20-04-2012, 10:35   #145
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
You don't have to the the ferry direct to Spain for a start...

And what about the cost of Bus/Coach, Walking and Hitchhiking?
Go on then Alan, cost it out...
Old 20-04-2012, 10:40   #146
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Walking to Spain?

According to Google Maps, it would take 1,711 miles and 11 days 18 hours, plus two ferries - how could that be cheaper than a £50 flight taking around 3 hours?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 10:55   #147
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Walking to Spain?

According to Google Maps, it would take 1,711 miles and 11 days 18 hours, plus two ferries - how could that be cheaper than a £50 flight taking around 3 hours?
It is free to walk by the way

Then there is the Bus/Coach and Hitchiking, my point is that Flying is not the cheapist way to travel
Old 20-04-2012, 10:57   #148
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
It is free to walk by the way

Then there is the Bus/Coach and Hitchiking, my point is that Flying is not the cheapist way to travel
Yes, we understand that. We also know that you've been proved wrong about 10 times now, so why don't you change the bleeding record?
Old 20-04-2012, 10:58   #149
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Still waiting for fares for Bus/Coach and Hitchhiking Fares?
Old 20-04-2012, 11:00   #150
gazzae
Inactive

Alan - why don't you post them?
Also you can't walk or hitchhike across water.