Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2011, 15:18   #4501
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Whishlists; simply billiant.

Also full season and episode information right there on your TV.

Three recordable tuners

Much more recording space

These are just some things
Thanks for mentioning some things my slow brain forgot about.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I didn't wait! I had my second TiVo installed yesterday. Very pleasant installer. He phoned the day before and also 30 minutes before he arrived to keep me up to date. So I now have a TiVo in my den that's all mine, mine, mine! He!He!
No its mine ,mine ,mine.
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2011, 15:24   #4502
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

There are so many little touches that make it such a pleasure to use.

Enjoyed a suggestion and want to set a series link? You can do that by just selecting the show in the show list and setting a series link.

Like x actor and want to see what else they have been in? Well you can do that from the same screen as well.
Old 16-07-2011, 15:30   #4503
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
There are so many little touches that make it such a pleasure to use.

Enjoyed a suggestion and want to set a series link? You can do that by just selecting the show in the show list and setting a series link.

Like x actor and want to see what else they have been in? Well you can do that from the same screen as well.

The comparison between the tivo box and anything else is like comparing the premier league which is the tivo against the non league type set top boxes.
Old 16-07-2011, 17:00   #4504
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Those wanting a Netflix app will be happy to hear that Netflix are going to start their European invasion early next year http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/15/n...-uk-next-year/

Hopefully they will give Lovefilm some much need competition and at some point get onto Tivo.
Old 16-07-2011, 17:03   #4505
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Virgin Media shorts added to app section on tivo.
Old 16-07-2011, 20:53   #4506
Zub2011
Inactive

Zub2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

This looks awesome, cant wait. Am getting the 500gb, how many hours does that include sd and hd
Old 16-07-2011, 21:38   #4507
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zub2011 View Post
This looks awesome, cant wait. Am getting the 500gb, how many hours does that include sd and hd
Our amazing 1TB box has six times the storage of our V+ HD box, giving you around 500 hours of standard TV or around 100 hours of HD TV.

The 500GB box is pretty special, too, recording around 250 hours of standard TV or around 50 hours of HD TV.
Old 17-07-2011, 15:23   #4508
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive

thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it the free install applies to the 1TB model as well? Would prefer to wait for it to drop further, but £99 isn't bad.

If I went for the 500GB box as a trial run to see how I got on with filling it or not, do you think they'd let me "upgrade" to the 1TB box later if I paid the additional £50?
Old 17-07-2011, 15:34   #4509
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
I take it the free install applies to the 1TB model as well? Would prefer to wait for it to drop further, but £99 isn't bad.

If I went for the 500GB box as a trial run to see how I got on with filling it or not, do you think they'd let me "upgrade" to the 1TB box later if I paid the additional £50?
It won't drop further for years, its cheaper than Sky's 1TB box and the same price as what the V+ was. And no, you can't trade in a 500GB and £50. All you do is buy the 1TB and return it within 28 days if your not happy.

Old 17-07-2011, 15:52   #4510
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive

thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
It won't drop further for years, its cheaper than Sky's 1TB box and the same price as what the V+ was. And no, you can't trade in a 500GB and £50. All you do is buy the 1TB and return it within 28 days if your not happy.
True, but you're only renting the Virgin box, not buying it like with Sky, so the two prices aren't comparable.

Still a good price though and I'll probably go for the TB box.
Old 17-07-2011, 15:55   #4511
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
True, but you're only renting the Virgin box, not buying it like with Sky, so the two prices aren't comparable.

Still a good price though and I'll probably go for the TB box.
And remember with Sky you have to pay for repairs.
Old 17-07-2011, 19:22   #4512
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Virgin Media shorts added to app section on tivo.
More info here: https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...newtoTiVo.html

An amusing bit at the bottom of the page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgin Media Shorts Customer Information Page
I am not sure if you’ve already checked “VM Shorts” out with the brand team? Unless they’ve said it’s ok, we should probably stick to the full name.
Think the page might need a small amendment
Old 17-07-2011, 19:28   #4513
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
More info here: https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...newtoTiVo.html

An amusing bit at the bottom of the page:

Think the page might need a small amendment
Yes they seem to have got into a little mix up with this.
Old 17-07-2011, 20:23   #4514
Never say never
Inactive

Never say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes they seem to have got into a little mix up with this.
Yes I agree and very embarrassing for them, sometime I think the company is run my chimps.
Old 17-07-2011, 20:24   #4515
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never say never View Post
Yes I agree and very embarrassing for them, sometime I think the company is run my chimps.

Closed Thread