Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 09-12-2016, 10:42   #2191
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

As long as the V6 can talk the home network (and the internet) then the install should be completed as far as I'm aware.

If the chosen network connection method doesn't work, and the customer refuses the alternate option to get it working, then the install wouldn't complete as the V6 won't work without a valid network connection.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:15   #2192
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
Did the engineer complain about not being able to plug it into the Hub?
My v6 will be fine, but my mum and dad's (being fitted the day after) the hub is in a totally different room.
Wireless should be fine and they are possibly going to get Powerline plugs, but wondered if we don't have the Powerlines in place would the engineer refuse to install?
The engineer was more than happy to use the wifi. & BBC Iplayer and on demand are so fast not one problem. I do plan to move them on to the 5GHz band will do this when installing ASUS RT-AC5300 sometime next week

Last edited by Martin_D; 09-12-2016 at 11:20.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:42   #2193
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
This forum went mental overnight, what has happened??

Reading all the comments about SCARTS, VHS, archiving, it's like being taken back to the dark ages lol

I've had my say on SCART and old tech...I'm looking forward to 4K UHD programming and you guys still using SCART to get TV around the house lol...couldn't make it up in 2016.

Ditch the old kit, and get with the times :-)
There is no possible argument that will convince me that people still need SCART cables and to archive programmes they will never watch again...jeez, waste of time :-)

I know U C; what can you do with us oldies; stuck in the past with our Scarts, S-video and composite video via phono leads. Next thing you know, we'll be digging out valve amps and hooking up turntables and playing vinyl LPs with there associated 'clicks and pops'. Can't imagine anyone doing that today
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:05   #2194
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Wow I am back in the 90s, I remember the good old days with Scart :-)

Quick question for everyone here. Just got my new contract through to sign. One item on it is Leapfrog Additional Tbr* ... Any idea what that is?!
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:10   #2195
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
There is no possible argument that will convince me that people still need SCART cables and to archive programmes they will never watch again...jeez, waste of time :-)
Can't see much point in archiving programmes these days as they are nearly always repeated again....and again....and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Wow I am back in the 90s, I remember the good old days with Scart :-)

Quick question for everyone here. Just got my new contract through to sign. One item on it is Leapfrog Additional Tbr* ... Any idea what that is?!
Didn't think they bothered to send out hard copies of contracts to sign these days.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:11   #2196
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Can't see much point in archiving programmes these days as they are nearly always repeated again....and again....and again.

Didn't think they bothered to send out hard copies of contracts to sign these days.
It is a DocuSign one - very high tech, just signed it using my finger :-) All looks in order, but not sure what the leapfrog thing is.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:20   #2197
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
It is a DocuSign one - very high tech, just signed it using my finger :-) All looks in order, but not sure what the leapfrog thing is.
Oh right! Never heard of VM using that before.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:26   #2198
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

It's just nice to have a choice
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:44   #2199
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Sorry if it's already been posted, but for you guys with the latest AV amps, it supports Dolby Atmos. Does Netflix support that? As someone with a 5.1 setup, I don't pay much attention to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X news.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 14:03   #2200
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I know U C; what can you do with us oldies; stuck in the past with our Scarts, S-video and composite video via phono leads. Next thing you know, we'll be digging out valve amps and hooking up turntables and playing vinyl LPs with there associated 'clicks and pops'. Can't imagine anyone doing that today
Oh you old git lol

Let me help you come into the 21st century with our 4K tvs and dolby digital HD, ULTRA HD surround sound (whatever they call it), that will blow your hearing aid off hehehe

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
It's just nice to have a choice
Why do you want to archive things? What do you archive?
Without sounding patronising, after reading some posts today, I would like to know.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 14:08   #2201
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sorry if it's already been posted, but for you guys with the latest AV amps, it supports Dolby Atmos. Does Netflix support that? As someone with a 5.1 setup, I don't pay much attention to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X news.
Just remember if you dont subscribe to current netflix to access 4k on tivo you need to give netflix £8.99 a month or you will rely on youtube
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 14:08   #2202
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Netflix 4K content does, not sure about HD stuff.
Old 09-12-2016, 14:14   #2203
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Just been reading the Virgin community forums and I found something I found interesting that I don't think has been confirmed before. The second V6 Box is free on VIP.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/3277509

"Hello,

Thanks for your posts, I'm sorry that there's been some confusion around the cost of a second V6 box.

If you're on the VIP package, a second box is free.

On the Full House 200, Full House 100 or any other package, it's £49.95 for the second box.

For a third box, on all packages, the cost is £99.95.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team"

I'm guessing that's why some users including myself are getting two V6s for £64.94.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 14:26   #2204
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Thanks for the confirmation.
They did say I was getting two V6s for £64.94, but they didn't say the 2nd box was free lol
Old 09-12-2016, 14:45   #2205
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation.
They did say I was getting two V6s for £64.94, but they didn't say the 2nd box was free lol
you should have asked them for the Activation fee free i got a discount yesterday when i ordered my v6 box
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote