Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear WGPS606

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear WGPS606

Old 07-01-2007, 00:38   #1
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Netgear WGPS606

http://www.netgear.co.uk/wireless_pr...er_wgps606.php

Seen refurbed ones of these on ebay for £35, would this enable connection of a pc AND an xbox360 to an existing wireless network using a belkin 54g router.

Not for me for someone else (i already have a 360 wireless adaptor, but wish id seen them could have saved some cash),

if i understand it correctly it will allow them to connect both the PC and the 360 to the wireless network and will cost considerbly less than buying seapearte wireless adaptors for both the pc and xbox.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2007, 16:46   #2
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
Re: Netgear WGPS606

im confused so correct me where im going wrong.

someone has a belkin wireless router.
someone wants to connect a pc and a xbox 360 to this router.
u dont want to buy a wireless adaptor for the pc
u dont want to buy a wireless adaptor for the xbox360.

so for some reason u cant connect the pc or xbox360 using a normal network cable to the router (thus solving any issues)

Because of this u wish connect both the pc and the xbox360 via a network cable to a device that will connect over Wifi to the belkin router.

that correct?
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 17:30   #3
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

It should work - the NetGear product is just a fancy wireless access point. Not sure I would buy 'refurbished' just to save a few quid. If it was just the XBox that needed networking, a cheap option would be homeplug - two homeplug adapters at about £22/each, one next to the 360, t'other next to router.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 17:35   #4
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
It should work - the NetGear product is just a fancy wireless access point. Not sure I would buy 'refurbished' just to save a few quid. If it was just the XBox that needed networking, a cheap option would be homeplug - two homeplug adapters at about £22/each, one next to the 360, t'other next to router.
its the xbox and pc, sorry was half asleep when i wrote my original post .

One of my msn contacts asked me for a way to connect his PC and xbox360 wirelessly to their network, which uses a belkin router.

The pc/360 are going to be moved upstairs and the router is staying downstairs.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote