Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Saving money on your TV deal thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

coming soon to Sky Movies

Old 27-07-2010, 09:33   #1
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold
coming soon to Sky Movies

For the kids it's G-FORCE from this friday 30th july on sky premiere from 10am

also coming up its funny people
anything for her (both on 30th july)

coming up from august 6th The deal
Year one
surrogates
the children

coming up from august 13th
the proposal
Gamer

coming up from august 20th Transformers: revenge of the fallen
Adventureland
Antichrist

coming up from august 27th Motherhood
Fame
The final destination

coming up from september 3rd Terminator salvation
The soloist
Dance flick

coming up from september 10th Imagine that
The invention of lying
District 9

coming up from september 17th The vampires assistant
The taking of pelham 123
Soroity Row

coming up from september 24th bandslam
The hangover
500 days of summer
parasomnia

(hope you like this sort of one stop shop for new premieres on sky movies, tell us what you think and if you would use this much in future, if you do I may add other premieres from film 4hd or other sky movie categories)
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2010, 09:37   #2
chris9991
Inactive

chris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant future
Re: coming soon to Sky Movies

Nice and convenient
chris9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 10:54   #3
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Looking at film4HD, we have got mission impossible 3 tonight at 9pm, should look bloody good in HD!
Old 27-07-2010, 13:37   #4
mason21k
Inactive

mason21k is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks 4 that mate, great to see wots coming up that i could watch.
mason21k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 14:43   #5
ottoni
cf.addict

Not forgetting all you trekkies (including me) channel 4hd has got startrek generations on this saturday at 11.05pm, better set the v+!

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

OTTONI'S FILMFLEX PICK OF THE WEEK!

It's gotta be Apocalypse of the dead for only............99P
CATCH IT NOW ON FILMFLEX IN MOVIES ON DEMAND UNDER THE SPECIAL OFFERS FOLDER

APOCALYPSE OF THE DEAD IS AVAILABLE UNTIL THE 2ND OF AUGUST!

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Don't forget all those people who subscribe to tv xl get free films each month!

okay there not blockbusters, and they are only for kids, just go to disney on demand, there is quite a few listed, and some are in HD as well!

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Who wants a countdown to the new sky movies/sports hd channels coming on?

Are you excited? (okay that's just me then),
Old 27-07-2010, 18:09   #6
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Thanks. Great idea.
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 19:05   #7
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Not forgetting all you trekkies (including me) channel 4hd has got startrek generations on this saturday at 11.05pm, better set the v+!

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

OTTONI'S FILMFLEX PICK OF THE WEEK!

It's gotta be Apocalypse of the dead for only............99P
CATCH IT NOW ON FILMFLEX IN MOVIES ON DEMAND UNDER THE SPECIAL OFFERS FOLDER

APOCALYPSE OF THE DEAD IS AVAILABLE UNTIL THE 2ND OF AUGUST!

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Don't forget all those people who subscribe to tv xl get free films each month!

okay there not blockbusters, and they are only for kids, just go to disney on demand, there is quite a few listed, and some are in HD as well!

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Who wants a countdown to the new sky movies/sports hd channels coming on?

Are you excited? (okay that's just me then),
It would be a great idea to do a pick of the week for sky movies hd and have a sticky if you want i could do weekly recommendations as i am a bit off a movie freak let us know?.

Example
MON 2ND AUG
SkyShowcase HD
20.00 Night at the museum 2
SkyDrama HD
21.45 Cast Away
Sky Modern Greats
20.00 Gladiator

Ect.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 19:37   #8
ottoni
cf.addict

Just seen official clip for 'paranormal activity 2', head over to the sky movies website for the official trailer, looking good!

and...........if you've got kids, like me then thankgod for sky movies, or just tv in general, one word or two school holidays, but if you have the movies Sky movies showcase is showing an animation fest of some great kids films. coming up between now and sunday 8th august theres the following!

ice age 3 dawn of the dinosaurs
coraline
fly me to the moon
kung fu panda
the road to el dorado
shrek
space chimps
scooby doo and the samuari sword, and many more

sky showcase is on virgin channel 403 and in HD from monday on channel 433

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

What film are you most looking forward to seeing in HD? mine would have to be some kids films, ice age3 etc, and mostly scifi ones.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Quote:
Looking at film4HD, we have got mission impossible 3 tonight at 9pm, should look bloody good in HD!
thinking about filmfour hd what does everyone think of it? I've got to admit the opening days films, until the evening were absolutely awful. Do you think film4hd should be seperate from the sd version of film4?
Old 27-07-2010, 20:40   #9
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Quote:
thinking about filmfour hd what does everyone think of it? I've got to admit the opening days films, until the evening were absolutely awful. Do you think film4hd should be seperate from the sd version of film4?

There's only 1 film I've been bothered for and thats Die Hard, haven't had chance to watch it yet tho, hopefully its a good picture. Watched at a friends house a few month back on Sky1HD and the pic was superb
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 20:09   #10
ottoni
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
There's only 1 film I've been bothered for and thats Die Hard, haven't had chance to watch it yet tho, hopefully its a good picture. Watched at a friends house a few month back on Sky1HD and the pic was superb
Started watching diehard in HD last night, looked brilliant
Old 29-07-2010, 10:32   #11
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

This is looking good! Great idea.
naeskydish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 11:23   #12
ottoni
cf.addict

For anyone interested in glastonbury in tv choice on demand, under whats new, on page 9 there is 'glastonbury the movie' from 1996, check it out.

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Checked out 'astro boy' the other day with me kids, really good film, £3.95 in SD or in HD for £4.50, its in filmflex under 'new this week'

Like a sad story? then head on over to Sky premier channel 401 and 431HD from monday and take a look at My sisters keeper. Watched it last night, based on a true story, really effective story, very sad.

Addams family fans? Addams family values on tonight on sky movies modern channel 410 at 8pm

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Fancy a scary movie, channel 409 11.15pm, a haunting in connecticut, SKy movies sci-fi.
Old 29-07-2010, 16:13   #13
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Here is my first pick of the week for wc 2nd August.

Mon 2nd Aug
Ch 433
Sky showcase HD
16.35 Open Season
20.00 Night at the Museum 2
Ch 434
Sky Comedy HD
22.20 Planes Trains and Automobiles
Ch 440
Sky modern greats HD
20.00 Gladiator

Tues 3rd Aug
Ch 433
Sky showcase HD
20.00 Mamma Mia
Ch436
Sky Family HD
20.00 Twilight
Ch 439
Sky scifi HD
21.00 Knowing

Wed 4th Aug
Ch 437
Sky Thriller HD
21.00 Angels and Demons
Ch 439
Sky Scifi HD
21.00 The Dark Knight

Thur 5th Aug
Ch 433
Sky Showcase HD
20.00 Michael Jacksons This is it
Ch 440
Sky Modern greats
20.00 Jaws
Ch 442
Sky Indie HD
22.00 The Wrestler

Please note all films listed can be seen in sd too.

This is just showing whats to come please feel free to add what you would like too see but please keep it clean folks.

Next update Saturday 30th July.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 16:39   #14
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

I'll be setting my V+ for Planes Trains and Automobiles to keep and the Wrestler which I've never seen but read good reviews
naeskydish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 16:41   #15
ottoni
cf.addict

Looking at that list I think I'll be picking night at the museum 2!

Keeping an eagle eye on film4, next wednesday 4th august we've got BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA' on at 11.05pm, another one to v+

On a side note, anyone start watching 28 days later last night on fimfourhd, the thing was it wasn't, in hd that is! was quite looking forward to that as well even though I've seen it god knows how many times!