Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 29-05-2015, 23:27   #1681
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Now TV Entertainment Pass £1 for first month.

Link
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2015, 09:38   #1682
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Roku updates software

Link
Old 01-06-2015, 15:54   #1683
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Just seen this, which relates to the US. Not good news for those of us who were looking forward to Amazon Instant launching on our TIVOs here in the UK.

Well, I am looking to get an LG TV in a couple of months' time, and this will provide me with both Netflix and Amazon Instant. Problem solved for me.

However, it is a huge disappointment. Virgin Media needs to get as many streaming services onto its system as possible to give viewers maximum choice on one box. If they did that, I think it would be a huge draw for subscribers.

Without this, I am concerned that Virgin Media's TV service will no longer be a serious competitor to Sky in the years to come. This could have been cable's USP.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201733000

Extract

Amazon Instant Video will no longer be available on TiVo Series 2, Series 3, and selected TiVo Premiere (Series 4) models after April 15, 2015. As we continually improve our service, it occasionally means we can no longer support applications on certain devices.

The following device models are affected by this change:

TiVo Series 2
TiVo HD (Series 3)
TiVo HD XL (Series 3)
TiVo 160 (Series 3)
TiVo 320 (Series 3)
TiVo Premiere (Series 4) models issued by a cable or satellite provider
Old 01-06-2015, 19:00   #1684
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Just buy a separate media steaming deice like the Fire TV or Android TV and job down all the streaming services you want. No point in waiting for Virgin.
Old 01-06-2015, 19:29   #1685
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Just seen this, which relates to the US. Not good news for those of us who were looking forward to Amazon Instant launching on our TIVOs here in the UK.

Well, I am looking to get an LG TV in a couple of months' time, and this will provide me with both Netflix and Amazon Instant. Problem solved for me.

However, it is a huge disappointment. Virgin Media needs to get as many streaming services onto its system as possible to give viewers maximum choice on one box. If they did that, I think it would be a huge draw for subscribers.

Without this, I am concerned that Virgin Media's TV service will no longer be a serious competitor to Sky in the years to come. This could have been cable's USP.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201733000

Extract

Amazon Instant Video will no longer be available on TiVo Series 2, Series 3, and selected TiVo Premiere (Series 4) models after April 15, 2015. As we continually improve our service, it occasionally means we can no longer support applications on certain devices.

The following device models are affected by this change:

TiVo Series 2
TiVo HD (Series 3)
TiVo HD XL (Series 3)
TiVo 160 (Series 3)
TiVo 320 (Series 3)
TiVo Premiere (Series 4) models issued by a cable or satellite provider
It helps if you know what you're talking about before quoting links. This is the old Amazon download service. TiVo Roamio and Tivo Mini users can still stream movies and TV shows from Amazon Instant Video, and the option will be available on Tivo Premiere boxes in 2015.
Old 01-06-2015, 20:16   #1686
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchain View Post
It helps if you know what you're talking about before quoting links. This is the old Amazon download service. TiVo Roamio and Tivo Mini users can still stream movies and TV shows from Amazon Instant Video, and the option will be available on Tivo Premiere boxes in 2015.
I thought the old service was Amazon Prime?
Old 01-06-2015, 20:20   #1687
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Get nowtv entertainment pass for £3.49p/m for 4 months, sign up for the £1 trial then go to cancel select reason it costs too much and they should offer you £3.40p/m for 4 months.
I did it today.
Old 01-06-2015, 20:44   #1688
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Netflix is testing ads surrounding its shows

Link
Old 01-06-2015, 21:21   #1689
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Link
Thanks for the link MM. I hope this potential idea falls flat on its face - if it ever comes to fruition. I refuse to be held to ransom if I don't want to watch ads. It's great they may offer a cheaper, ad supported service for those who can't afford it currently, but at no point did I see where they will allow loyal customers to keep the service as it is for them currently.

I will simply cancel it if they want me to pay them more simply not to watch adverts, whether they are for their own shows or not.

Also, if Netflix start, I am pretty others will follow suit very quickly.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I thought the old service was Amazon Prime?
Not sure what service is old or current, all I know is that the app on my Samsung TV is called Amazon Instant Video.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:45   #1690
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

If it is a case of a simple 10 second ad between every other show then I won't have a problem with it.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:34   #1691
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Link
The link has now been updated.

Quote:
Update: Don't panic just yet! Netflix tells TechCrunch that there are currently "no plans" to run third-party ads. Instead, this would be more to get you checking out other exclusive shows (say, Bloodlines) once you're looking for something new to watch. CEO Reed Hastings posted on Facebook that there's "No advertising coming onto Netflix. Period."
Old 02-06-2015, 15:31   #1692
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
If it is a case of a simple 10 second ad between every other show then I won't have a problem with it.
From the link i read earlier it'll only be adverts for their own shows, much like the BBC do.

So, for example, if you watch daredevil you'll see a trailer for House Of Cards.

There is to be no 3rd party adverts.
Old 02-06-2015, 15:41   #1693
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

For the moment......
Old 02-06-2015, 16:07   #1694
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Get nowtv entertainment pass for £3.49p/m for 4 months, sign up for the £1 trial then go to cancel select reason it costs too much and they should offer you £3.40p/m for 4 months.
I did it today.
typical - I try and they tell me they will change the full £6.99 a month rather than the trial of £1

Must be because I have used an entertainment pass before
Old 02-06-2015, 16:10   #1695
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
typical - I try and they tell me they will change the full £6.99 a month rather than the trial of £1

Must be because I have used an entertainment pass before
Create a new account use a different card and email if you can.
Closed Thread