Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo troubles

Old 31-08-2012, 11:36   #46
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Fave director - do not have a clue who directed anything
You not even heard of Steven Spielberg then?

Quote:
Clashes - +1 is easy to use.
Yes. and with a Tivo wishlist for the show you wouldn't have to spend time sorting them out yourself.

That's my main point; and one of the reasons for my sig

Quote:
Honestly with 2 boxes in the house & a Sender its not a problem
You obviously have the time then. I don't
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2012, 12:36   #47
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
You not even heard of Steven Spielberg then?

Yes but never look, care or want to see anything because it was by him or any one else.

Yes. and with a Tivo wishlist for the show you wouldn't have to spend time sorting them out yourself.

Simpler to look than type on screen

That's my main point; and one of the reasons for my sig

You obviously have the time then. I don't
You have the time and patience to type via remote . I don`t

Just checked what I have "backed up" after hols, 13 shows ( 13 hours - ads ) Really do not want or need more !!!
However I understand that some people need more than that.
In a normal week I have a maximum of 4 shows ( One finished prior to going so not part of whats left ) As these are on different days. Number of tuners has not enter the equation.
Also it takes no time to set record on different boxes. Tuning to sender is also only a button ( or two) away . Saying that I have never used it as such. As the problem has not arisen. Only used when TiVo failed !!!! & could not be bothered to change boxes again.
Old 31-08-2012, 12:56   #48
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
You have the time and patience to type via remote . I don't
I admit I have a slight advantage with having the slide remote with a qwerty keyboard, but even if I didn't, the time it takes to enter data is time saved when it finds stuff

Quote:
Just checked what I have "backed up" after hols, 13 shows ( 13 hours - ads ) Really do not want or need more !!!
True enough :p

Quote:
However I understand that some people need more than that.
It's not "needing more" more than it is "having something to watch when I have time".

I concede I probably do watch more TV than you.
Old 31-08-2012, 13:06   #49
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

I was watching something and I had two things recording yesterday evening, one of which was due to finish at 9, and then another one was due to start from 9. There was three minutes padding at the end of the programme finishing at 9.

When it got to one minute to 9, TiVo asked me if I wanted to change the channel to allow the recording or cancel it.

Why couldn't it ask me if I wanted the programme clipped and not interfere with my viewing? I have got the clip programmes setting on. Just seemed a bit silly that it didn't clip automatically or give me the option to clip. It only offered a channel change or a recording cancel, neither of which I wanted.

In order to appease some of the forum's thought police, I have decided to try to say something positive about TiVo on each occasion I criticise it.... so here goes.

I like the fact that Kaley Cuoco's picture is frequently displayed in the advertising section at the top of the My Shows page.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 14:20   #50
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Why couldn't it ask me if I wanted the programme clipped and not interfere with my viewing? I have got the clip programmes setting on. Just seemed a bit silly that it didn't clip automatically or give me the option to clip. It only offered a channel change or a recording cancel, neither of which I wanted.
I don't have any experience of clipping as I have that feature switched off but I would assume that it asked you if you wanted the recording to go ahead because it needed to change channel on the tuner you were watching live.

If it hadn't have done so I'm sure you would have complained that "it switched over without warning when I was in the middle of watching something".

I would have assumed that it would apply clipping as pre-programmed.

Quote:
In order to appease some of the forum's thought police...
Old 31-08-2012, 15:52   #51
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Just off the phone to CEO Office, he said that after much persuasion to my area manager he has managed to get me a V+ box fitted and to get rid of my TiVo. Happy days for me
The best bit was that he said he prefers the V+ and hasn't upgraded himself yet!
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 15:56   #52
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
The best bit was that he said he prefers the V+ and hasn't upgraded himself yet!
That says it all.
Old 31-08-2012, 16:02   #53
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
That says it all.
Really Itshim you should not believe everything you hear or read.
Old 31-08-2012, 16:07   #54
neilo
cf.addict

neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Especially on here!
Old 31-08-2012, 16:10   #55
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
Just off the phone to CEO Office, he said that after much persuasion to my area manager he has managed to get me a V+ box fitted and to get rid of my TiVo. Happy days for me

Was that the 'main man'? I'd actually find it quite funny if it was. At least he's not on a Sky box!
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 17:17   #56
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
That says it all.
No, it really doesn't
Old 31-08-2012, 18:11   #57
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Was that the 'main man'? I'd actually find it quite funny if it was. At least he's not on a Sky box!
It was someone from Neil Berkett's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But he said it to me
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 14:27   #58
neilo
cf.addict

If that was said, it may be that the person who was dealing with the complaint was trying to be empathetic or sympathetic (take your pick) and basically made that up to help with the flow of the call.

Although really, they shouldn't ever be negative about their own products so I'm glad I don't work there!

Is someone on this thread a Sky spy then?
Old 03-09-2012, 16:19   #59
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Did you have to spoil a good story.

I have always ( perhaps stupidly) Trusted people until proved different. Companies the complete opposite !
Old 03-09-2012, 17:42   #60
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Did you have to spoil a good story.

I have always ( perhaps stupidly) Trusted people until proved different. Companies the complete opposite !
So basically you're prepared to believe ChunkMunkey's statement that the man from the company said he himself preferred the V+, but also that the company man was probably lying when he did so?

I think we're all on the same page here.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote