Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo troubles

Old 28-08-2012, 11:47   #16
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
YES! YES! YES! Welcome back Carl, nice to see you back here.
Calm down, dear. It's only a Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Your theory is correct. If there has been any activity on a tuner recently, it assumes you are using it. I think the timeout is an hour.
Wow! So I do know what I'm talking about sometimes? (Some people should take note. Unfortunately, they're the one's currently ignoring me )
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-08-2012, 13:54   #17
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Calm down, dear. It's only a Forum

Wow! So I do know what I'm talking about sometimes? (Some people should take note. Unfortunately, they're the one's currently ignoring me )
Even a clock that has stopped is correct twice a day....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 15:13   #18
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Old 28-08-2012, 15:48   #19
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Oh no it's Carl! I'm not going to win this now am i!! Just joking Carl, you're a great poster on here I've got a tech coming tomorrow with a V+ replacement, it's not going to affect my contract either, spoken with the CEO Office again today
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 16:27   #20
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
Oh no it's Carl! I'm not going to win this now am i!!
I wasn't aware there was anything to win
Old 28-08-2012, 16:58   #21
chunkymonkey
Inactive

chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I wasn't aware there was anything to win

Old 28-08-2012, 17:04   #22
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Yes. I was "only joking" too; hence the smileys.

Too subtle, perhaps?
Old 28-08-2012, 17:13   #23
chunkymonkey
Inactive

It's quite strange actually, most people I have spoken too, prefer V+ to TiVo.
Old 28-08-2012, 19:03   #24
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I never thought I would like TiVo over V+, but am pleased to say that apart from rebooting the box twice, in a month of having TiVo I'm wondering why I didn't take the plunge earlier.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 19:44   #25
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I never thought I would like TiVo over V+, but am pleased to say that apart from rebooting the box twice, in a month of having TiVo I'm wondering why I didn't take the plunge earlier.
Yeah, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I just enjoy the simplicity of the V+ as like I have said, the only feature which I really use is the good storage space as I have the 1TB box at the moment.
Old 29-08-2012, 07:03   #26
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I think TiVo can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Just want it to record and retain shows? It does that. Want a sophisticated search function, wishlists, youtube, I player and suggestions? It does all that as well, but you don't have to use it. If storage space is important to you I think you're going to miss your TiVo.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 07:59   #27
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I think TiVo can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Just want it to record and retain shows? It does that. Want a sophisticated search function, wishlists, youtube, I player and suggestions? It does all that as well, but you don't have to use it. If storage space is important to you I think you're going to miss your TiVo.
I doubt I will miss it that much. I rarely go above 5% of my box anyway!
Old 29-08-2012, 08:30   #28
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
Yeah, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I just enjoy the simplicity of the V+ as like I have said, the only feature which I really use is the good storage space as I have the 1TB box at the moment.
???
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:52   #29
chunkymonkey
Inactive

What I meant was that this is the only feature which can be use for me, knowing the space is there, not filling the box.
Old 30-08-2012, 16:12   #30
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Only glad that I am not paying a premium for the TiVo. Agree it is for the most part its what you make of it. Pity some of the simple things on V+ are too complicated for TiVo.