Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Only Series Link

Old 09-09-2012, 11:13   #1
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Question New Only Series Link

Does anyone else have the problem i'm having with series links, i set it to reccord new only... say Operation Repo for example but it records every single episode... so it records as if its setup as new and reruns?
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48   #2
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Only Series Link

I think you are falling foul of the problem that occurs when most of the epsiodes only have a generic episode description. It does seem to treat them all as NEW then. I just setup a series link for this programme and confirm it does what you say.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:09   #3
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I don't know if this will be of use, can but try I guess...

Quote:
We have been working hard in the background over the past few months, and believe we have made good progress on improving the accuracy and reliability of TiVo guide data. However, we do know that errors can slip through and some customers are occasionally experiencing a few problems.To address this, we have launched the email address below for you to directly report TiVo guide errors. We will attempt to fix these errors before they become an issue for your recordings or viewing experience, obviously the earlier you spot an issue, the more likely it'll be resolved before it causes an issue.We won't be able to give you an email response to every submission but we will take action on all of them, wherever it is possible to do so.The email address is:TivoGuideErrors@virginmedia.co.uk
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 20:16   #4
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

the thing is that the series links set to new only, record the programmes and as expected the new ones are marked as 'new' but it still records the episodes not marked as 'new'
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43   #5
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

I've experienced this too, luckily the programme I wanted to record is on at the same time every week so I set up a manual weekly recording instead
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04   #6
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

See post #2 for explanation Any episode with only generic data will be recorded by any SL regardless of it's setting.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03   #7
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

I've got a new only series link for 'How The Universe Works' or whatever it's called on Discovery HD. The latest episode has recorded a good 4 or 5 times in a few days as each time it's been shown the EPG has it marked as new. Very poor in my opinion.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25   #8
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Blame the broadcaster for not supplying the correct episode information.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25   #9
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Blame the broadcaster for not supplying the correct episode information.
And use the email address I posted above to get them to sort it out!
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote