Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bring Back Fox Hunting

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Bring Back Fox Hunting

Old 30-03-2010, 14:01   #181
Earl of Bronze

Re: Bring Back Fox Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
What I do have a problem with is the barbaric spectacle of Hunting.
Hunting in general, or Fox Hunting specifically Stuart ?
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2010, 14:10   #182
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze View Post
Hunting in general, or Fox Hunting specifically Stuart ?
Depends what you mean by hunting. If you mean one man, one gun and one animal, then I have no particular problem with it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 14:13   #183
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Depends what you mean by hunting. If you mean one man, one gun and one animal, then I have no particular problem with it.
I guess thats ok then, but I maybe should tell you that I've been paid in the past to hunt Big Game.
Old 30-03-2010, 14:23   #184
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze View Post
I guess thats ok then, but I maybe should tell you that I've been paid in the past to hunt Big Game.
It's not so much the killing I object to (I eat meat, it would be hypocritical of me to object to people killing animals), it's more the show that fox hunts put on around it, which has sometimes resulted in the deaths of innocent animals (even pets).
Old 30-03-2010, 14:37   #185
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
wrong Chris ,one carnivore tears another apart to eat it ,thats nature
You obviously have never had a chicken coup attacked by the fantastic Mr Fox?

A fox will kill every chicken it sees, it may eat one.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
Theirs a lot of humans that are vermin buy we don't kill them by dogs ripping them a part,
Not the kind of vermin I had in mind, but not a bad idea.

Quote:
since whens killing a sport.
Hunting is sport, you don't have to get medals and run round a track. The sport is in the chase and possible outcome that the fox can escape.

Quote:
All fox hunting is for people with a lot of money to make themselves feel tough as they have little balls to actually do real tough things, up themselves, same here Sirius if I was face to face with a fox hunter he would get one right in the nose.
Ah the haves v the so called have nots.

There is a whole industry based around the sport of fox hunting, I suppose the dog keeper is rich? the stable hands are rich? the people that work in the factories that produce the riding equipment, they're rich too?

I suppose we should ban Bentleys and Rolls Royces too, I mean they're only "for people with a lot of money to make themselves feel" superior? give them a Kia, rich b***ards
Old 30-03-2010, 14:37   #186
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
the hunts wont stop that and fox migration in to urban areas was happening long before hunting stopped and could arguably been because of the less likely hood of being hunted

as to foxes killing everything in an area lol what do you expect if you herd together a load of food whether it be a fox ferret or dog that got loose in a hen house not much would survive

as to lambs that's what we used to have shepherds for again if you put a plentiful food source in an enclosed area then its likely a predator will kill many

fox hunting isn't the way to solve any of those problems and in any case often they had to breed foxes to hunt because the area was being used mainly for crop farming

going back to a barbaric way of hunting for pleasure for that is all it was is taking us backwards and gives us less moral grounds to opose other countries maltreatment of animals
The answer for -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 14:41   #187
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Elephants? Tigers?

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Quote:
It's not so much the killing I object to (I eat meat, it would be hypocritical of me to object to people killing animals), it's more the show that fox hunts put on around it, which has sometimes resulted in the deaths of innocent animals (even pets).
Ever been to a grouse shoot? that's quite a big show.
Old 30-03-2010, 14:44   #188
Stuart
-

Quote:

Ever been to a grouse shoot? that's quite a big show.
I used fox hunting as an example. The fact I did not mention any other living creature being hunted does not mean I automatically approve of it. I thought I was quite clear that I don't object to hunting as such, just the kind of hunting that requires many people, horses, dogs etc..
Old 30-03-2010, 18:20   #189
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

then build a better chicken pen

i would imagine that the fox once he has managed to pick the lock on the pen will get pecked and attacked by the chickens so he will kill them to defend himself ,remember the fox is an animal do not credit him with the same inteligence and thirst for killing that we humans have he relies on instinct not thought and planning

Quote:
Hunting is sport, you don't have to get medals and run round a track. The sport is in the chase and possible outcome that the fox can escape.
not a very efficient way of culling a pest then if it has a chance of escaping
Old 31-03-2010, 00:25   #190
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
not a very efficient way of culling a pest then if it has a chance of escaping
Actually it's extremely efficient. It is the best means available for ensuring only the strongest foxes survive - thereby simultaneously controlling population numbers but also ensuring those that do survive have the best genes, which is in the long-term interests of the species and the ecosystem. You can't fathom all that out whilst looking down a gunsight.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 02:06   #191
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

I used to go fox hunting when I was younger, loads of us would gallop after one fox but only one ever got the kill more if she was a proper tart

Someone said 'one gun one animal' then someone said about Elephants or Tigers, If I was on Belmont moor hunting rabbit and a soddin Tiger jumped out then it would get one between the eyes, I would let the Elephant walk past as its clearly lost

AS for fox hunting, I agree with banning the packs of hounds in the hunt but not with the whole hunting with dogs thing.
How else can a person go Dogging in an evening
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 09:06   #192
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
AS for fox hunting, I agree with banning the packs of hounds in the hunt but not with the whole hunting with dogs thing.
How else can a person go Dogging in an evening
You don't need your own dog. you use somebody elses
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 10:50   #193
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

The Unspeakable in Full Pursuit of the Uneatable

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14760279/T...-the-uneatable
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 17:38   #194
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Actually it's extremely efficient. It is the best means available for ensuring only the strongest foxes survive - thereby simultaneously controlling population numbers but also ensuring those that do survive have the best genes, which is in the long-term interests of the species and the ecosystem. You can't fathom all that out whilst looking down a gunsight.
Chris with all respect i think you're grasping at straws ,farmers and landowners with chickens ,pheasants ,poultry in general don't care about letting the strongest fox survive ,they're the ones they want killed ,ten men with ten guns will do the job they want ,and isn't that why it's done in the first place ? to get rid of a pest to farmers
Old 31-03-2010, 19:22   #195
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Do you need to understand exactly why green vegetables are good for you before you can eat them? Of course not. It's good to eat them whether or not you know about vitamins. It's the same with the point I made above. Population control by hunt is a better means of ensuring the quality of the gene pool than population control by rifle. That's a fact, whether the farmers know or care about it or not.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote