Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services

Old 16-09-2017, 03:00   #3706
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: books and magazines - hello!
bubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the rough
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

[/COLOR]Which puts paid to those who shun Now TV on grounds of picture quality![/QUOTE]

Now TV 720p in comparison to UHD Sky Cinema/Sports option?

I'm certain UHD Netflix doesn't really compare to Sky UHD, especially if they would start doing UHD movies over the satellite instead of on-demand only.

Cinephile reviews (online) seem to indicate that Sky UHD is better than Netflix 4k/UHD streams (at typically much lower bit rates), although not up to the quality of 4k Blu-ray.
Old 16-09-2017, 04:38   #3707
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Competition at work. Take note, Den
Its a pity you don't apply those sentiments to yourself OB.
Old 16-09-2017, 10:25   #3708
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
[/COLOR]Which puts paid to those who shun Now TV on grounds of picture quality![]

Now TV 720p in comparison to UHD Sky Cinema/Sports option?

I'm certain UHD Netflix doesn't really compare to Sky UHD, especially if they would start doing UHD movies over the satellite instead of on-demand only.

Cinephile reviews (online) seem to indicate that Sky UHD is better than Netflix 4k/UHD streams (at typically much lower bit rates), although not up to the quality of 4k Blu-ray.
No, I certainly wouldn't say Now TV was UHD quality! I was referring to those who say that Now TV was SD quality, which of course it isn't.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 12:00   #3709
theone2k10
There can only be one

Services: Plusnet 80mb unlimited fibre, roku, appletv, xfinity, netflix, nowtv, foxsoccer2go, hbogo
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That's good news. Makes Freesat a more appealing alternative. All the main catch up apps from BBC, ITV etc... plus YouTube, Netflix and now TV Player.

If SKY becomes too expensive I'd seriously consider switching. Just had a swizz through my SKY planner. All recordings are from either Freeview or channels covered by TV Player.
I tweeted tvplayer a few days back asking if they are going to be on games consoles they confirmed they're working on a ps4 app.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 13:14   #3710
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has reached the bronze age
Mad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I was referring to those who say that Now TV was SD quality, which of course it isn't.
What is it then?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 23:41   #3711
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
What is it then?
HD.
Old 17-09-2017, 01:04   #3712
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has reached the bronze age
Mad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze ageMad Max has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
HD.
Does Now TV state that?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 03:22   #3713
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Does Now TV state that?
720p is HD, old chap.