Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Multiroom phone line connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Multiroom phone line connection

Old 18-07-2012, 14:53   #1
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light
Multiroom phone line connection

Had Sky installed a few months ago with multiroom. Now i know that both boxes have to be connected to the phone line at all times but the wife whilst cleaning one day rearranged the bedroom furniture and now the phone line connection that went to the back of the box is about a meter too short to connect to the box.

Am i right in thinking that all i would need is an RJ11 female to a RJ11 male connector?
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2012, 15:46   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Multiroom phone line connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstevie View Post
Had Sky installed a few months ago with multiroom. Now i know that both boxes have to be connected to the phone line at all times but the wife whilst cleaning one day rearranged the bedroom furniture and now the phone line connection that went to the back of the box is about a meter too short to connect to the box.

Am i right in thinking that all i would need is an RJ11 female to a RJ11 male connector?
If its going from a Sky box into a phone socket or the phone socket of a filter , it's one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...w_bottom_links
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 16:59   #3
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I dont have any of my Sky boxes connect to my phone line, its not possible with the multi room box and for downstairs it would mean i would need to get a phone extenstion and another filter
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 17:16   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I dont have any of my Sky boxes connect to my phone line, its not possible with the multi room box and for downstairs it would mean i would need to get a phone extenstion and another filter
Well they should be or you run the risk of being charged full price on your multiroom sub , I'm surprised you've not already received a letter.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 17:25   #5
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

The way i see it is the enginner should have said something when he did the install and then installed a phone socket, I know its in the contract. For me to run line cable i would have to have a long wire going from upstairs or downstairs
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 17:50   #6
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies. Its not going into a phone line as the phone line is downstairs and its the upstairs box thats umplugged. At the phone point i have the microfilter which houses the phone line and the ADSL cable and the phone cable is into a white splitter which is the downstairs box phone connection and this cable runs upstairs into the bedroom. Its this one thats too short.

It looks like a RJ11 connection so i was thinking that i could just plug the connection into a female RJ11 and then the other end which would be male into the back of the unplugged box. Phew confusing!
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote