Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The (stupidity of the) Metal Gear Online Beta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The (stupidity of the) Metal Gear Online Beta

Old 21-04-2008, 13:14   #16
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: The (stupidity of the) Metal Gear Online Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
You GameID password has to be all numbers m8. At least 4 with a maximium of 16. Your game Id must use letters and numbers for example if I were to use my forum name maybe I would use something like - icestar2008

Hope thats helps ya along
I will give it anther go tonight as I have to refresh then got the too busy error.

Its an absolute FARSE!!!!!

They should never had released it!!
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2008, 13:20   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You GameID password has to be all numbers m8. At least 4 with a maximium of 16. Your game Id must use letters and numbers for example if I were to use my forum name maybe I would use something like - icestar2008

Hope thats helps ya along
The password can be letters and numbers not just numbers.

I just tried registering and the site timed out. Will try again when I am at home later on tonight.
Old 21-04-2008, 13:27   #18
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
I will give it anther go tonight as I have to refresh then got the too busy error.

Its an absolute FARSE!!!!!

They should never had released it!!
Agreed its a complete joke. Looks like any1 will be lucky to connect to a server anyway. I have my ID's now but you cant connect anyway just constant "Unable to connect to server" Bull so I wouldn't worry m8 up2 now its the complete joke the sign-up have been.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Nevermind its been DELAYED !

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE for all
METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA players

We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test.
However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected.
As a temporary measure, we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server.
We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

We would like to add that due to the above reasons, we will be making the following changes to the schedule:

1) Suspend beta test: As of 21/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
2) Restart date: TBA. We will be making another announcement on 22/04/2008 08:00(CEST)
3) Beta Test closure: This will now be on 11/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST) rather than 06/05/2008 at 24:00(CEST)
http://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html

This also applies to America to so its not just us. Should have word tomorrow from them.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 13:41   #19
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

Too much messing about , i am just going to wait till the game is released as its been a joke trying to get the update and a knoami id

They must have known that the MGS beta would be wanted by so many people so why didnt they get it all sorted before they put the beta on the store ? rush rush rush and look where its got them

Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 14:37   #20
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Agreed its a complete joke. Looks like any1 will be lucky to connect to a server anyway. I have my ID's now but you cant connect anyway just constant "Unable to connect to server" Bull so I wouldn't worry m8 up2 now its the complete joke the sign-up have been.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Nevermind its been DELAYED !

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html

This also applies to America to so its not just us. Should have word tomorrow from them.
There’s a surprise to be expected.

They have egg on there faces a big embarrassment. Why would you not think there would be a big demand??
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 17:05   #21
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

The good thing is guys that there learning this now. So when the game does get released they should have sorted everything out. Thats the whole point in a Beta. I guess the stress test failed and now they are working on it
Old 21-04-2008, 20:06   #22
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Some things should obviously have been done differently in the first place though (Konami IDs, Beta update).

And even if they sort the servers out, I bet the full game still makes us use these stupid extra IDs.

I have zero faith in Konami after this.

Also, as the Beta has been delayed 'till Friday, I wonder how many people are going to bother with the hassle, seeing as a certain game is due to be released a few days later...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 21:13   #23
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Some things should obviously have been done differently in the first place though (Konami IDs, Beta update).

And even if they sort the servers out, I bet the full game still makes us use these stupid extra IDs.

I have zero faith in Konami after this.

Also, as the Beta has been delayed 'till Friday, I wonder how many people are going to bother with the hassle, seeing as a certain game is due to be released a few days later...
Couldn't agree more m8. Konami dropped the ball with this one in a big way. Also been reading its no more than a standard shooter. I for one still cant wait for MGS4 but this MGS:Online may be a miss for me.
Old 25-04-2008, 14:09   #24
icestar2
Inactive

Another patch 1.02. Changes way we connect to Konami servers they said. Its not to big this one so shouldnt be such a problem. Any1 still intrested in this after K's super c*ck-ups then you'll need to patch again. Not sure if games gone live yet check later.
Old 25-04-2008, 14:41   #25
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Services: VM XL BB (20meg)
KungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to KungFuKitty

Havn't posted on the forum for awhile but ..Hi guys! I've been following this beta closely totally sucked uptill now but finally we're getting the Beta tonight @ 10pm if anyone is still interested
Seeya ingame~
Kitty x
KungFuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 15:19   #26
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuKitty View Post
Havn't posted on the forum for awhile but ..Hi guys! I've been following this beta closely totally sucked uptill now but finally we're getting the Beta tonight @ 10pm if anyone is still interested
Seeya ingame~
Kitty x
Thanks Kitty. Wernt sure what time it went live. Bit late. Maybe their hoping most people are out getting drunk or in bed lol so there servers can handle whats left
Old 25-04-2008, 15:38   #27
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
pretty much my thinking, if it's not sorted by monday then i'm not going to be bothering with it at all

edit: managed to log in now :o
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 17:28   #28
icestar2
Inactive

I know you said 10pm Kitty but it looks like its actually gone live now
Old 26-04-2008, 10:16   #29
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Updated it all and got everything up and running. I've got to say that this is a disappointment indeed. It's quite poor and I have now un-installed it.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 16:18   #30
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Updated it all and got everything up and running. I've got to say that this is a disappointment indeed. It's quite poor and I have now un-installed it.
Lol I have to agree m8. Maybe I was expecting to much. Its hard for any of these type of games to live upto COD4 tbh now. Although its diffrent I know its similair to if that makes sense lol. Still really looking forward to MGS4 but I dont think I shall be shedding out on MGS:online.

Is it Tuesday yet ? lol