Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 09-11-2007, 20:01   #121
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
Re: iPhone UK Release info

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutkp View Post
Excellent technology but wasted on a phone. Great if you like showing off etc though.

But it would take a lot for me to get one, and to be honest I don't think I'd consider it because it's a phone. I like to put something in my pocket and forget about it and not pay something so over priced that I'd be worrying about it all the time.

I did see a comical advert where it was the N95 vs the Iphone, and in the end they preferred their own oldie types because it's basically all you want is a phone and a much more simpler thing to use at the end of the day.

Imagine 2 weeks after paying out "Oh my God !! I've got a scratch on it".
that clip was on the beeb website
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2007, 20:10   #122
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

I've just got one and I'll let you know what it's like after I stop drooling.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 20:31   #123
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
I've just got one and I'll let you know what it's like after I stop drooling.
come on then its been 20mins!!!
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 20:40   #124
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy View Post
come on then its been 20mins!!!
trouble is, it is difficult to use an asp & a touch screen phone at the same time
Old 09-11-2007, 20:55   #125
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
trouble is, it is difficult to use an asp & a touch screen phone at the same time
I'll have you know my wrist action is second to none

Anyway, it's great. Browsing full webpages on a bog standard O2 connection is a bit slow but any of the mobile pages seem to fly and once a page is loaded (BBC News etc.) actually reading them in full is superb.
Getting it activated wasn't too bad, a bit slow on the O2 side but now it's done.

Wi-Fi, iTunes, video and everything else is so easy to use it makes normal phones seem a bit bland and boring.

It would of been nice to have 3G on it and possibly GPS but right now I'm very happy.
Old 09-11-2007, 21:03   #126
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
I'll have you know my wrist action is second to none

Anyway, it's great. Browsing full webpages on a bog standard O2 connection is a bit slow but any of the mobile pages seem to fly and once a page is loaded (BBC News etc.) actually reading them in full is superb.
Getting it activated wasn't too bad, a bit slow on the O2 side but now it's done.

Wi-Fi, iTunes, video and everything else is so easy to use it makes normal phones seem a bit bland and boring.

It would of been nice to have 3G on it and possibly GPS but right now I'm very happy.
whats the virtual keyboard like......easy to use?
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 21:34   #127
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Got one also, just got back in as we went to o2 at 6.02 and they don't take solo, so we then went to Carephone warehouse who's chip and pin systems crashed.

*cry*

So we where going for a Chinese any way in Kendal so we had it and I convinced Claire we should nip back and it went straight through.

So I-tunes is installing.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 21:34   #128
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy View Post
whats the virtual keyboard like......easy to use?
Yep, dead simple. After a couple of goes I've found it really easy to use. And the SMS is a bit like Gmail with a conversation instead of standalone texts.
Old 09-11-2007, 22:14   #129
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

the wifi is it a 802.11g or 802.11b network? if G then I might be tempted soon ish
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 22:18   #130
Derek
Inactive

G. Safari is very nippy on Wi-Fi as well.

The more I use it the better it gets. Zooming in and out of webpages is dead easy after a while and it's by far the best mobile browsing device I've used. Just a pity it's not 3G...
Old 09-11-2007, 23:00   #131
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

loving it :-)

Posting from it now.

@bopdude- I'll be in teesside on Friday I'f you want a gander.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01   #132
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

If your already on O2, Do you need to buy via O2 over the phone or can you get an iPhone at an apple store and simply transfer to the new contract via iTunes or over the phone?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07   #133
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If your already on O2, Do you need to buy via O2 over the phone or can you get an iPhone at an apple store and simply transfer to the new contract via iTunes or over the phone?
During the activation it asked if you wanted to swap over an existing contract so I assume you can just buy the phone and do that.
Old 10-11-2007, 19:25   #134
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

At that stage do they do a credit check?

Do you even have one if your moving a contract over?

How you have had it for a while, how are you liking it?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 22:42   #135
Help!!!
Inactive

Help!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of lightHelp!!! is a glorious beacon of light

Whats the texting like on this phone, heard nothing good about it.
Help!!! is offline   Reply With Quote