Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S3

Old 25-12-2013, 21:05   #586
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

No problems here, although i will say the latest update seems to slow it down a bit.
Old 25-12-2013, 21:23   #587
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Ironic, it was supposed to speed it up (especially with TRIM)
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 21:31   #588
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Maybe i need a reboot, but it was pretty fast before the update for me.
Old 25-12-2013, 22:15   #589
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
After having the S3 for about a month now I have to say the switch from my 4S wasn't as much of a success as I'd hoped. It's either Android or the S3 but it's clunky as hell. With the 4S when I selected an app, an option or whatever, it just happened. It was a lot more slick. With my S3 sometimes I don't know if it has registered what I've selected so I'll tap it again and it will go past whatever I chose as it waits to catch up - very annoying. I never had any issues with iOS6 or 7, everything just seamlessly integrates with each other

However saying that the larger screen of the S3 is much more welcome and pictures seem to come out much more clearly. I can read my satnav much better when I'm driving as a result of the larger screen and the sound seems better too.

Probably the best way to sum it up is I prefer the software of the 4S and the hardware of the S3.
Get a moto G it'll cost like £125 & demonstrate what Android should be like on a S3 specced smartphone, you might be surprised. Either that or just lose Touchwhiz and go with a ROM that's purer.b Samsung always kill their phones with their horrendous overlay.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 22:16   #590
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Didn't kill mine.
Old 25-12-2013, 23:11   #591
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Yeah the Samsung bloatware is annoying, there should be an option to uninstall it without having to root.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 17:06   #592
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Android 4.3 for Samsung S3

Hi,

I'm still on 4.1. Does ANYONE know when the JB 4.3 will be available for this phone??

Thanks.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 17:27   #593
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Unless the phone is modified it has been available for quite some times now.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 17:34   #594
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

As Russ, i got my 4.3 update on an UNLOCKED S3 just before Christmas, if your phone is carrier locked you may have to wait longer.
Old 04-01-2014, 18:09   #595
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Android update

Well ANY update really.
Old 04-01-2014, 18:13   #596
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
Well ANY update really.
Is your phone carrier locked?

Haver you tried to manually update it from the phones settings?
Old 04-01-2014, 18:19   #597
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Not locked, Tried to manually update but it says I have the latest Android version - 4.1.2
Old 04-01-2014, 18:27   #598
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

It isn't locked. I used to be on Tesco mobile, now on Virgin. Hopeless.
Old 04-01-2014, 18:44   #599
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

What handset is it you are looking to get updated?

The S3 has had the 4.3 Jelly Bean update rolled out now on unlocked handsets.
Old 04-01-2014, 18:45   #600
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

I have the S3 unlocked.