Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2011, 13:22   #2536
Rattus
Inactive

Rattus will become famous soon enoughRattus will become famous soon enoughRattus will become famous soon enough
Re: TiVo

Contrast this to how the TVdrive was launched by Telewest..

We registered interest in it when it arrived.

Soon after they phoned people up asking if they were interested in testing the box, free installation and half price rental £5pm for 6 months during the test phase. Maybe it was different back then (less internet = less people interested) but id did seem to be handled much better.

Seems a bit of a cheek to me to asking for £149 for an product still in development.

You can argue if you like but having seen the list of things yet to be implemented to say this box still isn't in beta is a joke. It's not even at release candidate stage for the people who have it. The beta team appear to be more like alpha testers.
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2011, 13:35   #2537
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Hi, how do i opt in for the marketing e-mails?
Go to "My Virgin Media" sign in and there is a option there.
Old 17-02-2011, 13:36   #2538
ronnie_m
Inactive

Services: Tivo on VIP50
ronnie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
The problem Is I pre-registered and am a VIP50 customer and yet I have no ticket and no e-mail. on top of this I received this e-mail a couple of days ago and I just don't where I stand;

Am I in the draw or aren't I, She states I am in it but if I don't get the ticket and therefore don't register, will I still be in it. I just don't understand.
I'm in the same position and was just thinking the same thing
Old 17-02-2011, 13:44   #2539
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It won't make any difference now the letters have gone out, probably be people who haven't pre registered anyway.
Old 17-02-2011, 13:48   #2540
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
Contrast this to how the TVdrive was launched by Telewest..

We registered interest in it when it arrived.

Soon after they phoned people up asking if they were interested in testing the box, free installation and half price rental £5pm for 6 months during the test phase. Maybe it was different back then (less internet = less people interested) but id did seem to be handled much better.

Seems a bit of a cheek to me to asking for £149 for an product still in development.

You can argue if you like but having seen the list of things yet to be implemented to say this box still isn't in beta is a joke. It's not even at release candidate stage for the people who have it. The beta team appear to be more like alpha testers.
There will also have been an alpha testing team before a beta testing team.

The TiVo works great, yes there are a few things to be added but there is nothing wrong with the way it works just now at all.

AFAIK the letters about the draw went out to all triple XL customers.

Pre registered customers will have been sent an email that they will be contacted soon.
Old 17-02-2011, 13:49   #2541
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It won't make any difference now the letters have gone out, probably be people who haven't pre registered anyway.
I have not pre registered, I have had no Email, letter or marketing about TiVo, the only mention of TiVo that I have received was when I emailed Cindy Rose about ESPNA HD. But I am on Triple XL.
Old 17-02-2011, 14:05   #2542
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I have not pre registered, I have had no Email, letter or marketing about TiVo, the only mention of TiVo that I have received was when I emailed Cindy Rose about ESPNA HD.
Total balls up again , And Stephen the letter hasn't just gone to Triple XL customer as my neighbour got one on XL TV , L BB and M phone.
Old 17-02-2011, 14:13   #2543
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Maybe it was all triple play customers with at least XL TV then? as stated I did say as far as I know.
Old 17-02-2011, 14:13   #2544
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

"contacted soon" is also a nice touch being that soon in this case equals around 6 weeks time at end of March (and im not saying everyone will have to wait that long but some poor customers will)
Old 17-02-2011, 14:13   #2545
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I will say this again, the letters have been sent out to:

XL TV customers with whatever size BB and a VM phone line.
Old 17-02-2011, 14:16   #2546
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I will say this again, the letters have been sent out to:

XL TV customers with whatever size BB and a VM phone line.
think we got the gist of that now ... but should add ALL customers and not those who registered but may include those that registered and may or probably does not include any VIP account holders .... thats a disclaimer so peeps cant moan
Old 17-02-2011, 14:19   #2547
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
think we got the gist of that now ... but should add ALL customers and not those who registered but may include those that registered and may or probably does not include any VIP account holders .... thats a disclaimer so peeps cant moan
Have you received a call or anything yet Cozzy?
Old 17-02-2011, 14:21   #2548
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I received a letter from Virginmedia this week.

It was my bill.
Old 17-02-2011, 14:32   #2549
Marcus125
Permanently Banned

Marcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I received a letter from Virginmedia this week.

It was my bill.
Do you have a customer facing/contact roll within Virginmedia?
Old 17-02-2011, 14:33   #2550
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzy View Post
think we got the gist of that now ...
sorry
Closed Thread