Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | internet connection problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

internet connection problems

Old 11-09-2011, 19:18   #31
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: internet connection problems

you can do either but as mentioned above, tell us what operating system your running on each device that has the settings saved so we can advise you further on deleting. xp, vista, 7 ?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2011, 19:22   #32
fudge
Inactive

fudge is on a distinguished roadfudge is on a distinguished road

I have a lap top with windows vista my sons lap top has windows 7
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 19:26   #33
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

the method in this link works both in Vista and 7 > http://www.home-network-help.com/del...s-network.html

Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > (left hand side) Manage Wireless Networks > right click the saved network(s) and remove.
Old 11-09-2011, 19:32   #34
fudge
Inactive

Before doing this should i first Go into netgear site to change the name to somthing else . If so would i then reboot modem and lap top . Or could i just change the name in netgear then not worry about deleting the other . Many thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 19:35   #35
thenry
Inactive

well your belkins is no longer in use so you might as well delete them saved settings. no reboots required.

delete the settings on your laptops > search for networks > find yours > enter the password (should be on the back of the hub or what ever you changed it to) > connect.
Old 11-09-2011, 19:53   #36
fudge
Inactive

thenry your brilliant alls now working , i cant believe it thankyou very very much
Old 11-09-2011, 19:57   #37
thenry
Inactive

well I do like to think I am but people tend to think the opposite. nevertheless your welcome
Old 11-09-2011, 20:02   #38
fudge
Inactive

thenry sorry just one thing my son is unable to connect , it asks for a security number on his , when i put the number on the modem in it wont acsept, then i try pass word and that wont accsept .
Old 11-09-2011, 20:15   #39
thenry
Inactive

erm do the drivers need updating?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ta/td-p/277179
Old 11-09-2011, 20:17   #40
fudge
Inactive

All sorted , when putting in password my son left a gap so was not reconised. Sorry
Old 11-09-2011, 20:20   #41
thenry
Inactive

Old 11-09-2011, 22:01   #42
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
If your wireless adapter is an atheros you MUST install the very latest drivers to get it to work with a superhub, so presumedly a basic hub too.
Not quite. Atheros drivers had bugged WPA/WPA2 implementation that'd stop them working with any device that defaulted to WPA but that was fixed years ago. Any driver from 2009/2010 should be fine, 2007 or earlier are flaky.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Oh yeah and I already told him what to do on the last page but people seem to ignore me whenever I answer their question these days...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 22:14   #43
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Oh yeah and I already told him what to do on the last page but people seem to ignore me whenever I answer their question these days...
couldn't you let me have a bit of fame in this thread ? then again I did say i doubt it would cause to much of an issue... deleting the saved setting not realizing the OP had set up the network name the same as his old one
Old 11-09-2011, 23:10   #44
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Oh you got your fame See how grateful he was to you and not me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge View Post
thenry your brilliant alls now working , i cant believe it thankyou very very much
I even feel left out now!
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 00:28   #45
thenry
Inactive

your instructions wasn't as clear as mine but you still ruined it. thanks very very much qasdfdsaq your a legend.