Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FIFA 10 Vs PES2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360/PS3/PC)

Old 06-08-2009, 22:49   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Batman: Arkham Asylum (360/PS3/PC)

Games based on licensed media such as movies, comics, & TV tend to almost always be a pile of crap. Especially production-line big-name movie tie-ins.

There have been the odd few gems though...

GoldenEye, Riddick, The Darkness...

And now, at last, there is actually a *decent* Batman game!

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Third-person action-adventure stealth game, in which you play as Batman, & come up against various villains from Batman's Rogues' Gallery, including the Joker (the main villain), Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Bane, Scarecrow...

It is based around the comics, rather than the movies or other versions.

The PS3 demo became available today, & the PC & 360 demos are available as of tomorrow.

I played the PS3 demo earlier... awesome. Both the comic geek & the gamer inside me were very very happy.

The voice cast is top notch too: They've used some of the people from BTAS/etc. such as Kevin Conroy (Batman), Mark Hamill (Joker), Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn).

Oh, & the story is by Paul Dini, who was heavily involved with BTAS and other WB/DC series, and has also written for Detective Comics & others.

The PS3 & 360 versions are due for release on the 28th August, while the PC version is out on the 18th September.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Some videos:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...oman_8509.html

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...back_8509.html

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...ills_8509.html

Couple of previews (spoilers):

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/998/998105p1.html

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1011268p1.html
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2009, 23:18   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum (360/PS3/PC)

Been keeping an eye on this myself. When first announced I didnt think I'd be intrested tbh but after I watched a couple trailers last week I started to think it might actually be worth giving a go.

I've downloaded the Demo but not had a chance to play it yet. Hope its as good as you say

EDIT* Just managed to grab 10 mins on it. Seems like it could be an excellent game. Think I'll be picking this one up for sure. Its just a matter of weather to buy it at launch or wait a while but since most games are hitting spet/oct/nov then I may just pick this up on the 28th
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 14:19   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'll be getting it when it comes out. To many other things in Sep/Oct/Nov as you say.

I was tempted by the Collector's Edition (comes with a 14" Batarang with display stand!). but as that costs £60, & you can get the standard version for £35, I don't think I'll bother.

Besides, I have enough expensive tat lying around as it is, with the Halo 3 helmet & the GTA IV safety deposit box
Old 09-08-2009, 15:58   #4
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

that game looks hot on the pc just played the demo and omg omg omg.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 16:27   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Tried the 360 demo and the game is amazing. This is now a must buy game!!! like taking part in an episode of the cartoon thanks to the voice actors. Graphics and controls are also amazing.
Old 09-08-2009, 16:39   #6
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

I've got this preordered for the 28th
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 20:26   #7
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post

Cant get it to run on my machine wondering if this is Windows 7 or something else compat dont work either
Old 09-08-2009, 21:59   #8
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

I got the demo to work fine on my Win 7 machine
Old 09-08-2009, 22:16   #9
zing_deleted

Its not the demo its a mysteriously dying hard drive. Hours of backing up await lol
Old 09-08-2009, 22:17   #10
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Hmm - thats strange..

Rather you than me Personally, I'd just buy a new drive, bang it as the primary, use the naff one as the secondary, and just drag and drop data you want.
Old 09-08-2009, 23:19   #11
zing_deleted

Dude I have 6 hard in my machine only one is failing I have plenty of space to back up now and add a new disk at my leasure. Just cuz my name is now zing and my e no longer has teeth does not mean I am now a noob

20 dvds burnt already and 100 gig to move next and its done
Old 10-08-2009, 00:04   #12
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Oh sorry dude.. my bad
Old 10-08-2009, 03:32   #13
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
"Batman: Arkham Asylum to Support NVIDIA PhysX technology"
Old 10-08-2009, 09:53   #14
zing_deleted

TBH the Unreal 3 engine is now 2 years old and yet again it looks like we pc users get a xbox360 clone. The details would be better all the graphics settings available to me were set as high as they could and my 4870 which in all fairness is a modest high end card . It looks like an excellent game and I will play it but the pc is capable of graphics hugely superior to the xbox360 but we are not seeing it utilised. I certainly am glad I am not spending large sums on multi card setups cuz we just do not need them
Old 15-08-2009, 06:14   #15
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

I played the demo on the 360 and it did look impressive and also played well, but my money is going on Wolfenstein a week earlier 21/08...who am I kidding, I'll probably end up buying both.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote