Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BELKIN Router/Adapter Problem.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BELKIN Router/Adapter Problem.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 22:55   #16
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: BELKIN Router/Adapter Problem.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

right , eather the 192.168.2.1 isnt your routers right IP , or theres another setting set wrong somewere.

what about those router pages from a wired pc, give us all the info asked for so we can help you solve this far quicker.

does the router see the connected USB pc now and what IP does it think its using 192.168.2.2 ?, is the routers ip really 192.168.2.1 and if not what are these?.

im off soon as im busy but ill try and keep an eye on whats happening with the info you supply etc.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2008, 23:03   #17
andy21
Inactive

andy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well would you have believed it! Did an IPCONFIG on the laptop, and got the reply back of an IP address of 192.168.2.2 which is the same as one of my desktop 'wired' PCs.

IP Address: 192.168.2.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway - This is BLANK

Helpful?
andy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 23:05   #18
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Andy, alright its been setup incorrectly.

set it with the following:

IP: 192.168.2.55
sub 255.255.255.0
gate: 192.168.2.1
dns: 192.168.2.1

try it then
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 23:11   #19
andy21
Inactive

Hello again DocDutch, One of the Level 2 Techs, named Gurish, and the rest
...Colliany, Raj, Victoria, Hassan, Renay, Zahir and Syed.
Old 07-02-2008, 23:12   #20
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

okay you havent spoken to the guys in the UK then...

try what I've just told you above your post and on the post before that.
Old 07-02-2008, 23:19   #21
andy21
Inactive

Did as suggested. Results shown below

Ping to 192.168.2.55 Successful
Ping to 192.168.2.3 XP wired PC -Request Timed out
Ping to 192.168.2.2 Vista wired PC - Request timed out
Old 07-02-2008, 23:23   #22
DocDutch
argh

okay with the ip set to 192.168.2.55 can you ping the router on 192.168.2.1 and or can you ping 66.102.9.99??

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

with the pings to the other computers its only cuz the firewalls on those arent letting the request come through. easy to fix it but want to know 1st of all if you got connection to the router.
Old 07-02-2008, 23:29   #23
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

and try pinging 192.168.2.55 from those *.3 and *.2 pcs as well, can they ping ok ?

check the USB pcs windows firewall is off.

is the belkins default ip 192.168.2.1 Doc, so we are reasonably sure if andy doesnt tell us for sure the router is set to that Ip, it probably is right.

ohh, i asume the belkin has a ping page in there somwere doc?,if so, remember to also ping the pcs and the url
ping www.ntlworld.com from that router page too to give full info....

BTW i told you on the edit above to change the IP from *.2 to *.22 if you already have that IP assigned, but doc likes 5s so thats ok too

ping 66.102.9.99?? is that some sort of internal default belkin firmware IP Doc?
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 23:30   #24
andy21
Inactive

Managed to see a listing of Windows services that are started.
also in Network connections the Wireless connection icon is there next to the LAN one
and there is NO red x on it.
Still not getting internet, even though the message at bottom of screen says 'Wireless Network Connection 17 is now connected'
Old 07-02-2008, 23:36   #25
DocDutch
argh

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
and try pinging 192.168.2.55 from those *.3 and *.2 pcs as well, can they ping ok ?

check the USB pcs windows firewall is off.

is the belkins default ip 192.168.2.1 Doc, so we are reasonably sure if andy doesnt tell us for sure the router is set to that Ip, it probably is right.

ohh, i asume the belkin has a ping page in there somwere doc?,if so, remember to also ping the pcs and the url
ping www.ntlworld.com from that router page too to give full info....

BTW i told you on the edit above to change the IP from*.2 to *.22 if you already have that IP assigned, but doc likes 5s so thats ok too

ping 66.102.9.99?? is that some sort of internal default belkin firmware IP Doc?
66.102.9.99 is part of the ips that google uses

on all the belkin routers the routers page is standard set to 192.168.2.1, afaik none of the belkin routers have a ping as default on the page. (just checked nopes they dont)

and popper yer a cheeky bugger

the issue is in the wireless adapter, its the F5D7050 I assume, on the bottom right side of it there are some numbers can you give those to me Andy?

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy21 View Post
Managed to see a listing of Windows services that are started.
also in Network connections the Wireless connection icon is there next to the LAN one
and there is NO red x on it.
Still not getting internet, even though the message at bottom of screen says 'Wireless Network Connection 17 is now connected'
did you do what I asked you to do Andy, ie ping 66.102.9.99 from the Dell laptop?
Old 07-02-2008, 23:40   #26
andy21
Inactive

Sorry guys, I maybe getting myself in front or behind with messaging and I do apologise for that, but I have never been involved with this forum solution
techniques before, which I got to admit is the best way, much shared knowledge makes good. I just think I may be getting a bit lost with all this.

So I stop and take five while I see where I am exactly. Speak in short while
Andy

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Back again,

Ping to 66.102.9.99 - Hardware error
Old 07-02-2008, 23:40   #27
DocDutch
argh

I'll be off to me grave in a bit Andy, so if popper is still around he'll help ya out otherwise you'll have to wait till tomorrow morning (that is if I get up)
Old 07-02-2008, 23:41   #28
andy21
Inactive

Wireless G Router- 2.4Ghz-802.11g

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

So long DocDutch and thanks again for your help....see you tomoz!
Old 07-02-2008, 23:44   #29
DocDutch
argh

okay, 2 options

1. we can try to get this to work normally
2. uninstall the bugger again and install the driver only package (for this I would need to know the details bottom right of the adapter)

also you said its an old Dell lappy... can you check what kind of usb chipset you got running on it (device manager) as there is somethin in my mind thats niggling at the moment but cant put a finger on it yet.

have a look at the attached picture..thats has all the versions of the usb adapter that you have, gimme the version number and we'll fix this for you asap
Old 07-02-2008, 23:48   #30
andy21
Inactive

Tried to ping 192.168.2.55 from XP PC and got a Request Timed out
Sent 4 Rec 0 Lost 4

Tried ping 192.168.2.55 from Vista PC and got Destination Host Unreachable and then
Sent 4 Rec 4 Lost 0

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Am in Device Manager, but unsure what info u looking 4.