Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

Old 30-12-2007, 15:36   #61
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
Re: Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

I cant do the add COM port things cause my BlueTooth adapter isnt inside the PC, it uses theBlueSoliel Programme
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2007, 15:42   #62
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post

iPaq H2210?
One of these?

Do him a favour and tell him to get it!
Best ipaq I've ever owned, damn sight faster than my new one, CF and SD slots.
If he wants wifi, he can have the SanDisk wifi card I've got upstairs (will have to dig it out).
Yeah. It's a refurb'd one he's been offered.
He's gone all "ooh, shiny, gadgety" over it, that's all.
BUT he's a self-proclaimed luddite! And I'd be doing this from afar..
Very kind offer of the card Xaccers though, thanks.
If he ignores me and gets it anyway, I'll mention I know someone with one for sale.
Old 30-12-2007, 15:46   #63
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
I cant do the add COM port things cause my BlueTooth adapter isnt inside the PC, it uses theBlueSoliel Programme
I have a bluetooth usb dongle.

Check through the software's settings/configurations for the 11 BT com ports it's set up (according to the BlueSoleil web site).
In active sync you could just set it to each com port in turn until your device is able to connect (you'll have to try and connect at each com port).
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 15:48   #64
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

i know it connects at com7
Old 30-12-2007, 15:58   #65
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Then you should just need to configure activesync to allow connections on com7 and set up a BT activesync connection from your device.
Old 30-12-2007, 16:11   #66
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

i can connect to activesync now what do i need to do for internet?
Old 30-12-2007, 17:40   #67
Xaccers
Inactive

Quote:
i can connect to activesync now what do i need to do for internet?
Once connected, open PIE (pocket internet explorer) and type in a few internet addresses
Old 30-12-2007, 17:44   #68
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

its working now, yay!

infact i posted this with my phone
im also using PMSN

Thank You, i cant wait for my WiFi card to come!
Old 30-12-2007, 17:54   #69
Xaccers
Inactive

Yeah, wifi should give you more than 10m range that BT has.
Old 30-12-2007, 18:40   #70
kryogenik

Result.

Here's a good place for free stuff for your PPC device.
Old 31-12-2007, 18:13   #71
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Yeah, wifi should give you more than 10m range that BT has.
i have 100m BT
Old 31-12-2007, 20:46   #72
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
i have 100m BT
In both devices though?
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 15:01   #73
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

no, the PC has 100m range! i can pick it up anywere in the house