Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anonymous Proxy Issue - Telewest/Linksys

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anonymous Proxy Issue - Telewest/Linksys

Old 23-12-2006, 20:06   #1
dcuc
Inactive

dcuc is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Anonymous Proxy Issue - Telewest/Linksys

Hi,

I've just got a Telewest broadband with a Linksys WRT54GS router in London.
Previously I had NTL broadband in Scotland with some weird router and I could perfectly access anonymous proxy servers (I use ProxySwitcher). But after switching to Telewest in London, anonymous proxies do not work.

There are hundreds of anonymous proxies, and only several Australian ones work, but very slow. This is very suspicious. I cannot ping them, and tracert does not work. The trace requests pass Telewest servers, leave the UK, and then stuck in different points with request timeouts.

Does anyone know what is the reason? Are anonymous proxies banned by Telewest somehow? Or is it a Linksys router issue? I've tried playing with different settings, but it did not work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
dcuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2006, 23:13   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Anonymous Proxy Issue - Telewest/Linksys

to Cable Forum

Anonymous proxys don't really work anyway. Most decent software that wanted to trace you could work back past them.

To rule out the router, can you get to the sites you want with the PC connected direct to the modem?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 12:05   #3
dcuc
Inactive

Actually, I want to be able to download certain files using different ip addresses, since that server does not allow simultaneous downloads from the same ip address. I did it perfectly a couple of weeks ago and earlier with my NTL connection and a weird router, but this Telewest/Linksys does not work, as I said. Any ideas?
Old 24-12-2006, 15:38   #4
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

As I said, have you ruled out the router by connecting the modem to PC direct?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 15:43   #5
Virgin Mary
Permanently Banned

Virgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud of

Try

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html
Virgin Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 18:03   #6
dcuc
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
As I said, have you ruled out the router by connecting the modem to PC direct?
No, Rob. It's PC -> Router -> Cable Modem
Don't understand what is the reason. Everything worked excellent with my previous "NTL/Noname Router" connection.
Old 24-12-2006, 18:43   #7
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcuc View Post
No, Rob. It's PC -> Router -> Cable Modem
Don't understand what is the reason. Everything worked excellent with my previous "NTL/Noname Router" connection.

To eliminate the router, it's best to try what Rob says.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 20:37   #8
dcuc
Inactive

It does not help....
Can somebody please test if the following australian proxies work?
124.62.4.165:8080
203.35.166.3:65208
124.50.43.214:8080
202.154.80.241:65208
124.60.27.138:8080
165.228.132.10:3128
124.47.167.7:3128
61.95.82.178:3128
Only 165.228.132.10 works for me now, but it's very very slow.
Most of the others used to work with my old "NTL/Noname Router" connection. Any ideas?
Any other suggestions?
Old 27-12-2006, 21:40   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcuc View Post
It does not help....
Can somebody please test if the following australian proxies work?
124.62.4.165:8080
203.35.166.3:65208
124.50.43.214:8080
202.154.80.241:65208
124.60.27.138:8080
165.228.132.10:3128
124.47.167.7:3128
61.95.82.178:3128
Only 165.228.132.10 works for me now, but it's very very slow.
Most of the others used to work with my old "NTL/Noname Router" connection. Any ideas?
Any other suggestions?
Well, you know it's the proxies now.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 21:45   #10
dcuc
Inactive

I doubt that it's because of the proxies. There are 500 of them, which worked before (several weeks ago and before that). Now, only a couple of them works, and at very low speeds.