Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PC world muppets!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

PC world muppets!

Old 16-05-2007, 10:14   #61
Jurasik
Inactive

Jurasik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PC world muppets!

Didn't know that. Oh well, happy with the £8 I saved. the mouse is damn good too.
Jurasik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2007, 10:20   #62
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb505 View Post
We have a guy on our IT telephone support desk who is ex-PC World.

If his knowledge (or lack of) is anything to judge by then you should visit your local PC World branch regulary and remind them to breathe.
I remember one girl who I used to be friends with (as far as I know, I still am, just haven't seen her for a couple of years). By her own admission she knew very little about computers (her degree was in English). She was in charge of the Technical Support department at our local PC world, and advised me never to ask them for advice.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 18:19   #63
Jurasik
Inactive

Jurasik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
I remember one girl who I used to be friends with (as far as I know, I still am, just haven't seen her for a couple of years). By her own admission she knew very little about computers (her degree was in English). She was in charge of the Technical Support department at our local PC world, and advised me never to ask them for advice.
figures!
Jurasik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 01:05   #64
vbnmu
Inactive

vbnmu has a spectacular aura about themvbnmu has a spectacular aura about themvbnmu has a spectacular aura about themvbnmu has a spectacular aura about them

The best deal coming out of PCW imo,has been a £400 Compaq notebook.turion x2 64, 1gb ram,dvd-r +/- ,vista etc...these usualy come up on bank holiday wkends. so if anyone looking to buy a laptop, keep an eye out on the coming bank holiday!
Its a shame how,during interviews,companies ask u stupid questions that ppl usualy make up answers for and they don't try to figure out how truly helpful the person would b on the shop floor. I have worked at BQ, and its was beyond belief wat information the muppets would give customers!!
vbnmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 01:44   #65
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal

Question: where's the best place to find PC world staff when you're desperately looking for help?

Answer: Usually outside the main entrance - smoking!

Well! - they are at the Blackpool store

Si thee
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 19:53   #66
Leeds_Tykes_RFU
Inactive

Services: TV XL BB L V+ V
Leeds_Tykes_RFU will become famous soon enoughLeeds_Tykes_RFU will become famous soon enoughLeeds_Tykes_RFU will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Leeds_Tykes_RFU

To redress the balance somewhat - my brother recently bought some memory for his computer from PCWorld. Now, while he's a smart-arsed patent lawyer, with a PhD in some really esotoric bio-tech field, he knows sh*t about computers. And bought the wrong memory. But, even though he'd taken it out of the protective wrapping, they changed it for him, no problem.
Still of been cheaper to get it online though!
Leeds_Tykes_RFU is offline   Reply With Quote