Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2016/2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2016/2017

Old 03-01-2017, 21:51   #661
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

It was a good game to watch until the unjust red card. But you expect that was cheating Arsenal.

I thought that Bournemouth were brilliant. The one that that thing that gets my goat. You always know what team the commentators want to win. When Arsenal scored, Nail Quinn said ' Bournemouth are now becoming nervous.

The title will go t Chelsea now. Arsenal are now out of it

I just turned down the sound and watch it without sound. And then you get Wenger whining again at the linesman.

At he end of the season Arsenal should get rid of him.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2017, 21:57   #662
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
A great watch for the neutrals.
was very good watch yes
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 22:33   #663
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
It was a good game to watch until the unjust red card. But you expect that was cheating Arsenal.

I thought that Bournemouth were brilliant. The one that that thing that gets my goat. You always know what team the commentators want to win. When Arsenal scored, Nail Quinn said ' Bournemouth are now becoming nervous.

The title will go t Chelsea now. Arsenal are now out of it

I just turned down the sound and watch it without sound. And then you get Wenger whining again at the linesman.

At he end of the season Arsenal should get rid of him.
You serious? You talk some bias crap. It was a blatant red and a quite incredibly bad challenge, his foot is over the ball, studs showing, scissor challenge and misses him by an inch. It doesn't even have to touch the player, it's a straight red.

How you claim to have refereed any sort of game in your posts is massively beyond me. I'd fear for the 22 players on the pitch should I ever see you on a field of play, because the only 'Unjust' logic I can come up with is that you genuinely believe it takes him to connect and break the lads leg before a card is shown.

Second bold, Pot kettle black a bit there? You're never bias. They should let you ref and commentate games, it'll be completely fair and bias free and we can expect the odd leg break.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 03-01-2017 at 22:37.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 22:50   #664
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Looks like Mike Phelan has lost some weight as well as his job according to the Mirror.

That looks like John Sheridan recent ex Notts County boss to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike Phelan.No.jpg (424.4 KB, 7 views)
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 21:20   #665
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Chelsea with some absolutely cracking defending. Same player, same goal, twice.
Old 04-01-2017, 21:54   #666
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

COYS

Chelski 14th win win denied by Spurs beating them 2 - 0
Old 04-01-2017, 21:57   #667
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I suppose that begs the question, can you think of a 14 word sentence where the first 13 words begin with W plus one L.
Old 04-01-2017, 22:41   #668
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

It was a superb game of football. I don't know wether Kane, was awake or asleep. He had a poor game.
I would have taken off Kane at half time and put on Sissoko or Son at half time.

It now opens the top four. And we should now have a good season

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

And one further answer for Nufc. I am a big fan of letting the game flow. And in the past fouls that we have seen on Tv and in person at grounds.

This is what football was about, now you only have to blow, and the player goes down in an oscar winning role. So therefore referees are scared to enforce the rules of the game. And they bring a new rule out for the offside rule.

I read an article by Mark Halsey today, that referees are now much poorer, than they were several years ago.
And that some are NOT good enough to referee. They just have to pass the fitness test, and they can then blow a whistle.

In my time, l saw loads of bad tackles, and the player stays down and is seen laughing. On the ground.

so every time a player goes down, is he seriously injured or not.

I packed up being a ref. several years ago. When players started to take the mick on were diving everywhere, the FA wouldn't do anything about it.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:33   #669
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I suppose that begs the question, can you think of a 14 word sentence where the first 13 words begin with W plus one L.
l haver another but alas it sadly does not involve Man Utd and Liverpool.
Old 10-01-2017, 22:09   #670
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Not much point starting a thread for the EFL Cup, and with a match like the one I have just endured at OT perhaps as well. Hope Zlatan gets better for the weekend, his presence sorely missed tonight. A brave show from Hull given their stretched resources.
Old 10-01-2017, 23:54   #671
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Mourinho is steering a frightening ship back in the right direction. 10 pts down? it's doable. United are slowly coming back and they're not even at full speed yet.

Still the Special One.

I missed todays gossip but it seems a twitter user sent people into meltdown around the web by convincing people Fernando Torres was about to sign for Newcastle. In the actual news however we seem to be about to test Derby with an £8m offer for Tom Ince.

Tim Krul is in limbo. Feel for the guy, a genuine converted geordie that would play at this level and has been at the club since his teens only to be fobbed off to Ajax whilst injured, have his spot covered and leave him with no route onto the pitch but no place at Newcastle? I like Darlow but Krul was one of the best on his day and had one of the most ridiculous games as a goalkeeper in a Premier League game i've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GmULt7_cYI

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-01-2017 at 00:08.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:35   #672
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

10 wins in a row is good but I'm tired of other United fans saying "we're back". This isn't a strong United side. Stronger than the disastrous Moyes set-up but we've still got vulnerabilities and the OT fear factor hasn't returned yet.

I'm pretty certain Mourinho will bring in a few more players and clear out some deadwood between now and the summer and I think then we'll have the side he really wants.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:50   #673
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Very true and I for one having actually been to every home game am a long way from crowing.

There is no doubt that the style of football served up this season has, in the main been much better to watch than the previous three. They are still playing with a right back on the left side, a converted winger at right back and centre backs who are all prone to mistakes including the excellent Bailley.

A Carrick/Scholes type of player is also urgently needed long term. Luke Shaw needs to step up to the plate or be replaced as well.
Old 11-01-2017, 21:37   #674
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

The Saints are going to regret tonight's performance, should have been out of sight by now.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Your boys got out of jail there Den, should have been at least 3 or 4 nil.
Old 11-01-2017, 21:54   #675
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The Saints are going to regret tonight's performance, should have been out of sight by now.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Your boys got out of jail there Den, should have been at least 3 or 4 nil.
Very true Jim.

I'm going to Anfield for the second leg and a nice 2-3 goal cushion would have been handy.