Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2015, 23:51   #2041
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
To avoid buffering, does it help to pause the programme for a bit to let it build up, or doesn't it work like that?
Depends on your connection sometimes it's best to pause for a couple of mins to let it build up, personally i just hit play and it never buffers for me i'm on bt infinity1 38mbs.
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2015, 00:03   #2042
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
To avoid buffering, does it help to pause the programme for a bit to let it build up, or doesn't it work like that?
Buffering in what? Netflix? If it buffers maybe you have over-utilisation in your area? If you do you're due a loss of service credit. I have, supposedly,
50Mb but am paying about £3 a month due to my speed dropping to less that 5Mb after 7pm.
Old 27-09-2015, 01:28   #2043
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Depends on your connection sometimes it's best to pause for a couple of mins to let it build up, personally i just hit play and it never buffers for me i'm on bt infinity1 38mbs.
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Buffering in what? Netflix? If it buffers maybe you have over-utilisation in your area? If you do you're due a loss of service credit. I have, supposedly,
50Mb but am paying about £3 a month due to my speed dropping to less that 5Mb after 7pm.
No, not Netflix, the players for Channels 1 to 5. Some are better than others.
Old 27-09-2015, 22:44   #2044
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
No, not Netflix, the players for Channels 1 to 5. Some are better than others.
Do you mean on your V+? If so, there is no buffer, and so no benefit to pausing it.
Old 27-09-2015, 23:20   #2045
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Do you mean on your V+? If so, there is no buffer, and so no benefit to pausing it.
Thanks SP, but I meant watching Catch Up VOD via the internet.
Old 28-09-2015, 12:56   #2046
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

New C4 World drama OD service to start in January via All4:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/n...ound-the-world
Old 29-09-2015, 14:38   #2047
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

A live sport streaming service looks to be in the works http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/25/will-...of-sports.html
Old 29-09-2015, 14:59   #2048
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Anyone know what happened to Person of Interest on Netflix US? It said we could watch season 4 on September 25. Past that, and it isn't on Netflix US. Or Netflix UK.
Old 29-09-2015, 20:20   #2049
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I don't know if anyone on here is on Twitter but this guy is definitely worth following if you want all the latest VOD and streaming developments world wide:

https://twitter.com/cleeng

The boy doesn't miss anything!
Old 29-09-2015, 20:53   #2050
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Just been browsing my offers on Chromecast and got a 2 month Movie pass for Now TV.
Old 30-09-2015, 15:19   #2051
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Tivo has been buffering as if there is no tomorrow. I told you guys years ago Tivo is slow box of junk - Now do you believe me Wish I was home to watch oapat
Old 30-09-2015, 15:23   #2052
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I told you guys years ago Tivo is slow box of junk - Now do you believe me

No.

But I believe that you may be having problems with your particular Tivo
Old 30-09-2015, 18:48   #2053
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Nvidia shield available tomorrow:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1354...rce-now-gaming
Old 30-09-2015, 19:01   #2054
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
I'm on the fence with this i think i'll wait a bit for it to drop in price.
Old 30-09-2015, 19:02   #2055
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post

It's expensive though and lacks Amazon Prime
Closed Thread