Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Google Android

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Google Android

Old 07-06-2014, 09:10   #421
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Google Android

I'm after an app that will allow to to store serial numbers for my hardware, any recommendations?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:25   #422
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'm after an app that will allow to to store serial numbers for my hardware, any recommendations?
What is your criteria?

Keep...stores information. Depends what you want.

Or are you looking for something more sophisticated?

http://keepass.info/compare.html
That is more pc based.

Then there is wallet

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rdwallet&hl=en
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 19:35   #423
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Hi something that will enable me to scan the barcode (if applicable) and add it to a database so I can list all the devices, in the event of any loss.
Old 07-06-2014, 21:33   #424
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Hi something that will enable me to scan the barcode (if applicable) and add it to a database so I can list all the devices, in the event of any loss.
like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidbase&hl=en
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 22:49   #425
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

"Android L"

Developer Preview announced today.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/25/Android-L/

"A flatter look with rounder elements and softer edges" hmmm ios7 was flatter and not many people liked it.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 00:08   #426
tizmeinnit

Android has a billion users

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/sm...-active-users/
Old 26-06-2014, 00:14   #427
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Woohoo, yet another new look. Just what we were all needing, after that last new look they introduced recently...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 00:38   #428
tizmeinnit

Anyone running ART runtime on the Nexus 5?
Old 26-06-2014, 09:59   #429
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I run ART on my HTC One M8 - it's stable and supposed to be quicker but it's hard to compare as Dalvik was pretty nippy on this phone anyway.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 09:59   #430
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I do, thought I would give it a go and it works fine for me with everything apart from the new Angry Birds game (I screen apps before letting the kids have them on their tablets, honest!)
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 10:16   #431
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
I do, thought I would give it a go and it works fine for me with everything apart from the new Angry Birds game (I screen apps before letting the kids have them on their tablets, honest!)
yeah yeah heard it all before lol
Old 22-10-2014, 09:16   #432
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

This might be useful for some. It took a while to come but the famed Nokia Here maps app is now available. Supposed to be as good as Google Maps, but you have the ability to use offline, so you're not dependent on wi-fi or a mobile signal. If you go driving in areas with no signal, it might be a godsend. I've got it just as backup, as I have a large SDCard so storage isn't an issue.

If you fancy a go, the link is here: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia...evices_id61996
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 18:16   #433
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Co-founder of Android project to leave Google

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29847537
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 21:16   #434
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

My Nexus 10 just updated to lollypop 5.0
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 21:38   #435
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
My Nexus 10 just updated to lollypop 5.0
GF got Lollipop 2 days ago on the Nexus 10, still waiting for mine!

The only problem so far is she had to reinstall Skype as it wouldn't make calls.