Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Google Android

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Google Android

Old 31-01-2013, 22:27   #301
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Google Android

I saw that one but it's not on Google play anymore.
Old 31-01-2013, 22:39   #302
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
can users using android on here give rep or even enter text and have it stick so you can submit that text in the drop menus/boxes? .
That is the only browser issue I have had on the phone. Only workaround I have found is by turning the phone sideways (landscape), clicking the rep icon and pinch zooming until the rep box takes up 75% of the screen, reposition the input box to the top if the screen and then clicking in it. Keyboard comes up in landscape mode and sometimes can see what im typing, sometimes can't. Fiddly workaround but it works for me. Using Maxthon browser and Thumb Keyboard so not sure if they make any difference either.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Can anybody tell me if there is an App that tells you fire extinguisher types and other safety stuff?
Not free but cheap enough and has what you want: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orld.cert.fire

Not sure if it is a UK specific or american based app or if there are any differences between countries and regulations. Keep that in mind though.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 23:04   #303
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
That is the only browser issue I have had on the phone. Only workaround I have found is by turning the phone sideways (landscape), clicking the rep icon and pinch zooming until the rep box takes up 75% of the screen, reposition the input box to the top if the screen and then clicking in it. Keyboard comes up in landscape mode and sometimes can see what im typing, sometimes can't. Fiddly workaround but it works for me. Using Maxthon browser and Thumb Keyboard so not sure if they make any difference either.
cheers mate. i was holding down the rep icon and opening new page to apply rep as a work around. rotation worked but widescreen and additional textbox appearing sucks.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 23:09   #304
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
cheers mate. i was holding down the rep icon and opening new page to apply rep as a work around. rotation worked but widescreen and additional textbox appearing sucks.
Its like the keyboard appearing knocks out the rep input box, very strange as they shouldn't interact in any way. The new tab/page way you was doing it actually might be easier

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Its a shame the forum doesnt use Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2013, 21:49   #305
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Can any of you recommend a decent backup app that can restore to a different device?

My daughter's nexus has got a crack on the screen but she's got a fair bit of stuff on it. I can still install to it but about one third of the screen isn't usable so she can't play any games. I intend to get her a new one and at a later date I'll see about repairing the current one for my own use.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 23:09   #306
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Carbon premium covers what you want. You need to download to your nexus and your pc ,then you can backup to Google drive etc
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 13:32   #307
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Titanium Backup, if you're rooted.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 22:29   #308
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

could anyone please recommend a free sound equalizer app?
Old 28-03-2013, 23:49   #309
Jameseh

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...qualizer&hl=en
Old 29-03-2013, 01:28   #310
thenry
Inactive

thank you
Old 30-03-2013, 15:21   #311
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Conduit HD a new FPS game for droid. Free on market, plays really well and looks superb, Tegra optimised. Been playing it on my N7.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 22:30   #312
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Conduit HD a new FPS game for droid. Free on market, plays really well and looks superb, Tegra optimised. Been playing it on my N7.
Tegra optimised but doesn't work on a galaxy S3 which is one of the most popular tegra 3 devices.

Quote:
This app is incompatible with your 3 Samsung GT-I9300.
It's a shame, would have liked to try it, even if it is just the first few levels.
Old 31-03-2013, 00:23   #313
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

S3 doesn't have a tegra 3?
Old 31-03-2013, 00:53   #314
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
S3 doesn't have a tegra 3?
Oh you are right, my bad! Have seen something about Tegra 3 optimised games running on the s3 before so got a bit confused (and its late).

Although the casual user doesn't notice, the Play market does offer different versions of games based on the graphics chip of the phone. This game doesn't show up if I seach for it on my phone as there isn't a version for it. It does show up for me when logged in with a PC browser though.
Old 31-03-2013, 02:12   #315
Jameseh

They should really fix that like they should with carrier specific and language specific apps. I doubt its that hard to set a couple of filters.