Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Operation Yewtree

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Operation Yewtree

Old 13-02-2014, 15:35   #901
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Operation Yewtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
There were people openly exposing Savile and his behaviours years ago - as far back as 1987 as the Jerry Sadowitz videos prove - but people chose to ignore it. His behaviours were the talk of many celebrity circles but he was protected by his celebrity loving bosses and political friends. When all is said and done, he died a beknighted innocent man and that will be of no comfort whatsoever to any of his true victims.
How much actual evidence was there at the time? It's easy to look back at something that happened 20, 30 or 40 year ago and say it was obvious that something happened, but that's with hindsight. At the time, there were rumours, but you know as well as I that you can't charge someone based upon rumour, and there may have been little or no evidence of what happened.

While it seems likely that there were people hiding this evidence (he did have friends in high places, after all), has anyone been charged or convicted of this yet?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2014, 16:55   #902
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

So yet another trial that has destroyed a persons life and yet the accusers can hide behind anonymity.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 17:04   #903
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So yet another trial that has destroyed a persons life and yet the accusers can hide behind anonymity.
there may be another trial yet
Old 13-02-2014, 17:04   #904
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
This is already turning into a fiasco like another Cleveland and there are still many more cases waiting to be heard.

Heads should roll over this.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 19:11   #905
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I would not be surprised if found guilty then they would more than likely remove the anonymity and sell their story ...
Old 13-02-2014, 20:31   #906
RizzyKing

In the case of dlt's trial some of his accusers went to the press before the police says it all really. Whilst I have total and unconditional sympathy with the victims of abuse I don't think there are as many in this current phase as are making out. We have a lot of chancers with an eye on a big payday at the hands of a celebrity. What really concerns me is the damage this could do will be seen in the future when victims won't be taken seriously or even feel they cannot come forward.
Old 13-02-2014, 21:47   #907
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
In the case of dlt's trial some of his accusers went to the press before the police says it all really. Whilst I have total and unconditional sympathy with the victims of abuse I don't think there are as many in this current phase as are making out. We have a lot of chancers with an eye on a big payday at the hands of a celebrity. What really concerns me is the damage this could do will be seen in the future when victims won't be taken seriously or even feel they cannot come forward.
I agree ...
Old 13-02-2014, 22:40   #908
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Oh dear! I can hear the pressure groups screaming that there aren't enough successful prosecutions and recent cases are even more proof of a legal system which always lets victims of abuse down...

I hope DLT will be able to rebuild his life along with all the others who fall foul of what's starting to look like a witch hunt.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 12:46   #909
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

The faux outrage of certain newspapers about the 'failures' of the prosecutors and how much harm these ill-conceived prosecutions have done drives me mad. They clearly don't want to acknowledge that it's their frequent intrusion into private lives, incessant speculation and sensationalist reporting of tittle-tattle which adds so greatly to the ordeal the accused and their families suffer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-26183427
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 13:33   #910
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I hope DLT will be able to rebuild his life along with all the others who fall foul of what's starting to look like a witch hunt.
The Jury took a while to decide, had to reach a majority verdict, and two of the charges couldn't be decided and may have to be retried. The guy is innocent but given all of that I don't think the CPS prosecuted on a whim.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 17:27   #911
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Oh dear! I can hear the pressure groups screaming that there aren't enough successful prosecutions and recent cases are even more proof of a legal system which always lets victims of abuse down...

It's been looking like a witch hunt for ages IMO.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 18:03   #912
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

same hear ,he's lost his house ,all his money and he has no job ,i really feel for the bloke
Old 24-02-2014, 11:23   #913
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

He will face a retrial: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...lt-allegations

Quote:
The former BBC Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis will face a retrial over allegations he sexually assaulted two women.

Earlier this month Travis was cleared of 12 counts of indecent assault dating back to the mid-1970s, but jurors could not reach verdicts on a further count of indecent assault and one of sexual assault.

Miranda Moore QC, for the Crown, told Southwark crown court in London on Monday morning that prosecutors would be seeking a retrial over the two counts.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 18:23   #914
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Can't say i'm surprised .This decision smacks of the CPS trying to justify prosecuting him in the first place.
Old 25-02-2014, 09:16   #915
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Scary isn't it. anyone can be accused of anything, end up losing their savings, house, job, reputation, pretty much everything and still be found not guilty, but destroyed anyway.

Justice eh.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote