Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Operation Yewtree

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Operation Yewtree

Old 04-10-2012, 19:40   #196
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
re: Operation Yewtree

Just heard a recording on the news of Saville and a distressed girl.
anyone heard it?

Now this is really weird. the one I heard on ITV news she sounded quite distressed. but the same one on youtube you can hear giggling in it and not as distressed.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2012, 19:42   #197
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
The lack of defence on his part from those that were close to him speaks volumes to me. If it was all untrue and they knew for certain then they'd be shouting it from the roof tops. But so far there's been nothing.

Too much has been said now, his name and reputation will never be cleared.
His PA of 40 years has.

Quote:
'Sir Jimmy Savile's accusers are fantastists': Former PA says he would never have risked his career

Janet Cope, who worked as Jimmy’s assistant for 40 years, said he liked being photographed with young “bits of crumpet” but would never take it further.

Janet Cope, who worked as Jimmy’s assistant for 40 years, said the host liked being photographed with young “bits of crumpet” but would never have risked his career by taking it further.

She said: “I never had an inkling of him misbehaving or taking advantage of impressionable young girls.

"If there had been I would have seen it and tried to stop it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...stists-1353245
Old 04-10-2012, 19:45   #198
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
The lack of defence on his part from those that were close to him speaks volumes to me. If it was all untrue and they knew for certain then they'd be shouting it from the roof tops. But so far there's been nothing.
Unfortunately the lack of any real evidence against him means it's very difficult to refute .How do you refute a claim he abused a girl "sometime between May and September"

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Yes why hasn't there been a rush from all those close to him oh wait we have a bandwagon rolling that says he was a paedophile and no way to disprove it yes why arn't they coming out to get shot down by those happy to believe on the flimsiest evidence. Is this really how low we have sunk, is it that all that is needed to ruin a persons reputation is unsubstantiated allegation\rumour. For all those who now believe he was this evil predaatory paedophile can i just ask you this would you be happy to be judged on the same level of evidence we have in this case of course you wouldn't and no one should be saying anything about this until we have more credible evidence.

Just becaause someone shouts abuse doesn't automatically put them in the right or even make what they are saying right sadly we have a lot of people in the UK with mental health issues and more sadly it is quite common for some of those people to make up scenario's involving public figures. I am not saying for a certainty he is innocent although my personal experience of the man makes it very hard for me to believe all this. What i am saying is right now we have sod all solid credible evidence that anything at all went on outside the imaginations of a group of people and we can never allow that to be enough to tarnish anyones name we have to set the bar hiugher then that.

If we do not it will keep getting lower until the slightest thing is enough stop it now demand evidence, demand a proper investigation and only then make your choice on innocence or guilt do not lower yourselves by doing it on what we have right now.

Excellant post Rizzy
Old 04-10-2012, 20:10   #199
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The smoking ban is enforced by local council employees acting on health and safety grounds.

Police usually prosecute at 10% + 1 over the limit, at which speed you are very likely posing a risk to to your own health and that of other road users.

It's just as well they don't act on rumours, though, as a rumour such as the one you're peddling could destroy someone's reputation and their means of making a living.
I assumed that you'd realise I was being sarcastic and not literal.

The police do attend smoking ban related incidents on licensed premises.

He doesn't make a living from teaching martial arts, it's voluntary.

I am not spreading rumours around about him.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
In which case if he IS guilty you're assisting an offender in my book.
We don't go by your book, we go by the law of the land. There is no legal requirement for anybody to report a suspected or actual crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If it's just a rumour for which you have no evidence and it doesn't warrant going to the police then maybe it's better not to broadcast the rumour on the internet?
What difference does what i've said about this man on the internet make and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You don't follow, because you haven't latched on to the single most important fact in this context - you and I are not having a private conversation here, we are posting words on a public forum, and there are laws protecting people's reputations against what might be written about them.

You can think whatever you like about someone's guilt or innocence provided what you think does not cause that person's legal rights to be infringed.
Your sanctimonious tone is getting worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
The thing is, there is the concept of Guilty and the legally defined concept of Guilty. The legally defined concept of Guilty requires evidence. In life, people can be guilty without fulfilling the legal definition of being guilty.

Let me give an example of that. A few years ago, my mother served on a jury trying a local drug dealer. He was only a small time dealer, but the evidence presented was apparently convincing. The police had, however, handled some of the evidence incorrectly (I don't know the ins and outs of it), so that evidence was inadmissable.

The judge made a point (in his summing up) of telling the defendant that he believed the defendant was guilty but was unable to find him guilty because of the way the Police had mishandled the evidence, and chastised the Police.
This is what I was trying to explain to Russ earlier in the thread, but i'm still not sure if he understands what we're trying to say.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The poll has been deleted, it serves absolutely no purpose whatsover, everyone can now get back to the topic.
The poll would have enabled contributors to this thread to be able to gauge the overall opinion of other posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I watched the documentary last night, almost entirely one sided of course so I'd hardly consider it a balanced representation.
At the end of the programme I had a look out for a statement confirming that none of the alleged victims were paid for their part in its' making.
It seems I must have missed it.

For many years now I've known that Britain has had a rather odd fascination with paedophilia, but this latest media circus definitely takes the biscuit. Witch hunt frenzy in overdrive, and its only just getting started by the looks of things.

A lot of smoke without evidence of fire. Rumours this, rumours that.
The guy's as good as guilty in the eyes of many so it seems, and the evidence has yet to even be heard.

Everyone should have a right to a defense. Will people not at least wait until the investigation before they condemn this guy? Apparently not.

I don't believe for a second that Jimmy being dead somehow ensures that his "powerful friends" are unable to protect him (assuming the claims are true that they were able before), also considering the prospect of their own implication should the "truth" get out.

Nor do I believe that Jimmy being dead makes it more socially acceptable to come out with these claims, actually I'd say its the other way around.

In the wake of the Catholic priest scandals, and all the others in recent years not to mention the fact that there were rumours already about Jimmy Savile (as you'd expect from any "odd" character who works with children), there would've been plenty of support from the public and charities for those who claim to have been raped by this man.

I don't believe that Jimmy being dead somehow "makes it possible" for victims to come forward, he was Jimmy Savile not Jimmy Hoffa!

I do however believe, and quite rightly so, that a dead guy can't defend himself.

I'm not saying he's innocent, as I don't have the facts to make such an assertion, but he should be entitled to a defense, one he's unlikely to receive in the current situation - so all we may hear is a one sided view.
That is morally wrong, no matter which way its tarted up (ie we need the truth, better we know now than never, why should the "victims" suffer in silence, etc etc). As is all one sided libel and slander.

Jimmy was 84 when he died, just in October of last year. 2011 was hardly 1963, the fact that so many are claiming they were abused, yet feel they would only be listened to after his death, just doesn't sit well with me. Something not right there, though no doubt time will tell.

It worries me about how many people are saying they knew all along. I wonder if they're the same people who "knew all along" when the police wrongly arrested Chris Jefferies. He looked like a killer, so he'd might as well be one....jeez, some people are so stupid it boggles the mind.

Again, I'm not defending anyone here as I really don't have the evidence to convict or even put anyone on trial. But then nor does anyone else at this time.

I have little more to say on the matter, as the mature reaction is to exercise restrain given the public nature of this forum and the risk to reputations of persons both alive and dead, until an investigation has been completed.
Creating unfounded fear in the public is useful to the Government and has been done for a long time. Fear of mass paedophilia created a perfect excuse for the Governments to erode civil liberties. Fear of Muslim extremists is the latest method.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Just heard a recording on the news of Saville and a distressed girl.
anyone heard it?
Not yet, i'll keep an eye out for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
She spoke on 'This Morning' on the telephone the other day and said the same thing.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 22:07   #200
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Comments removed. If you wish to post comments that you know have already been subject to a threat of a libel action, go and do it on Twitter or somewhere else where you can get sued without dragging Cable Forum down with you.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 00:15   #201
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The BBC pulled the last episode of 'Good Cop' because it was felt to be insensitive in the light of recent events.

With this in mind, i'm surprised that they showed todays episode of 'Doctors'.

Just watched my recording and part of the storyline was about a man groping and trying to have sex with a 15 year old girl
Old 05-10-2012, 00:31   #202
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The BBC pulled the last episode of 'Good Cop' because it was felt to be insensitive in the light of recent events.
They never pulled anything when my nan died.

Quote:
With this in mind, i'm surprised that they showed todays episode of 'Doctors'.

Just watched my recording and part of the storyline was about a man groping and trying to have sex with a 15 year old girl
Did he resemble Jimmy Saville?

Maybe they didn't want to be seen as being over sensitive. and that they are still capable of overlooking things right under their noses.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:58   #203
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

If post 202 was about who I think it was, a judge has refused his request to gag people via an injunction according to The Sun website.

Not sure if the news has come too late to make it in this mornings papers or not...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:12   #204
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Um, all I did was post a Guardian article that stated the injunction had been lifted on him. Was it not adding to the discussion? I mean, it will be in all the papers and on media sites today anyway?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:14   #205
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste View Post
Um, all I did was post a Guardian article that stated the injunction had been lifted on him. Was it not adding to the discussion? I mean, it will be in all the papers and on media sites today anyway?
It wasn't adding to the discussion because there isn't any link to Jimmy Savile.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:37   #206
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste View Post
That wasnt all you did though - you posted the link in a thread about Jimmy Savile and his alleged activities, thereby creating a link between Savile and that other person. That is extremely libellous. Please note that while the newspapers have managed to get an injunction lifted, none of them has yet published anything contentious. Unless and until they do, this website is certainly not going to "break" a story that could land us in court. And we appreciate your assistance in not repeating any libellous statements in your posts.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:42   #207
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

However the chap took out the injunction because of claims he was the third man which he is denying. He is the one talking about jimmy saville..

However, I can see where you guys are coming from !
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00   #208
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I just watched the documentary - it certainly made interesting viewing.

It was interesting to hear Natalie's (she watched it with me) view as she'd never heard of him before.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11   #209
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I just watched the documentary - it certainly made interesting viewing.

It was interesting to hear Natalie's (she watched it with me) view as she'd never heard of him before.
Blimey she must be young. (JOKE) !!!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13   #210
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Blimey she must be young. (JOKE) !!!
Young and from a different country
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote