Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Operation Yewtree

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Operation Yewtree

Old 04-10-2012, 18:13   #181
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Jimmy Savile allegations (Poll added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Tell me how that differs from the massive abuse cases in the Catholic Church.
Big difference ,the children abused by catholic priests where bought to believe that the priest was authority ,what he said goes and you don't question him ,even adults rarely questioned his authority .Jimmy Savile was never that powerful and it confuses meas to how anyone thought he was he was a tv presenter and that is all

Quote:
I'm not going to pretend I have answers to all your questions, but it seems to me that if you take all the evidence together, then even accounting for the fact that rumours are just rumours, there is a very compelling case for concluding that Savile was a rapist and a paedophile. In fact I would argue that we need to have a very serious look at what made it possible for him to get away with it for so long.
If these rumors prove to be true then that is what must happen and those guilty of not saying anything must be punished

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Danielf, I totally agree with what you are saying, however the comment made by martyh, people are ashamed to come forward and all the stick that they will take.

If Sir Jim was alive today, would they have come forward, no they would not as the qoute would be is ' who do you beleive, l am a big name' that answers your question.
As this thread proves beyond doubt ,people are more than willing to believe rumors about big names however unsubstantiated they are
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2012, 18:17   #182
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Jimmy Savile was never that powerful and it confuses meas to how anyone thought he was he was a tv presenter and that is all
To them, and at that time. he was.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Quote:
As this thread proves beyond doubt ,people are more than willing to believe rumors about big names however unsubstantiated they are
Did Jim fix it for you or something?

If he was alive today and all this was out. would you allow people to have an opinion then?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 18:20   #183
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Big difference ,the children abused by catholic priests where bought to believe that the priest was authority ,what he said goes and you don't question him ,even adults rarely questioned his authority .Jimmy Savile was never that powerful and it confuses meas to how anyone thought he was he was a tv presenter and that is all

If these rumors prove to be true then that is what must happen and those guilty of not saying anything must be punished

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

I don't think savile was a saint, and I don't think because someone is dead, that exonerates them from criticism. From what i have seen of the show, there is enough for me to form an opinion.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 18:38   #184
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
To them, and at that time. he was.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Did Jim fix it for you or something?

If he was alive today and all this was out. would you allow people to have an opinion then?

Who said people couldn't have an opinion ?

Why has this all come out now and not when he died ,why are none of the women worried or ashamed now but they where when he was 80yrs old .I am deeply suspicious of sudden claims like this ,they may prove to be true but i will never take the default stance of he is guilty because a few women say so after no end of opportunity to out him in the past few decades
Old 04-10-2012, 18:51   #185
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:

Why has this all come out now and not when he died ,why are none of the women worried or ashamed now but they where when he was 80yrs old .I am deeply suspicious of sudden claims like this ,they may prove to be true but i will never take the default stance of he is guilty because a few women say so after no end of opportunity to out him in the past few decades
As I said earlier, that was my opinion until a few days ago. I liked the idea of eccentric philanthropist. Then I started reading up on him. There's so much unsavoury stuff about him out there, and much of it is there in his own words, that I've come to the conclusion that it's quite likely that the claims are true.
Old 04-10-2012, 18:53   #186
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Your opinion, my opinion, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Though I don't view it coming out now as suspicious. I have more suspicion about the motives and innocence of those in power or positions of authority who claim they knew nothing.

Lots of instances of things coming out after the fact...time does not heal all, or expunge all.
Old 04-10-2012, 18:58   #187
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes, I'm well aware of that. Which is why, when I started reading up on him, I took the rumours and allegations as just that, and was highly skeptical of the rumours. However it quickly dawned on me, in no small part through Savile's own remarks, it was actually highly likely that the rumours were true. In a way, Savile's own remarks and writings are even more damning than the rumours:

On camera, to Louis Theroux, when asked 'why he hated children'.

On camera, to Louis Theroux

Savile's contribution (Entitled 'The Eleventh Commandment') to a 1991 charity book entitled, Over 500 Trouble-Saving Ideas From The Famous, The Efficient and The Wise.

According to Phil Dampier

And there's a lot more if we take what others claim he's said into consideration. Couple that with the fact that (so far) 10 women claim to have been assaulted by him, and it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

'Sir Jimmy Saville' in all likelihood was a serial rapist and Paedophile, and we've probably only scratched the surface of what he's been up to.
Oh that's alright then, as long as you have thoroughly researched it then.
Old 04-10-2012, 18:59   #188
martyh

Quote:
As I said earlier, that was my opinion until a few days ago. I liked the idea of eccentric philanthropist. Then I started reading up on him. There's so much unsavoury stuff about him out there, and much of it is there in his own words, that I've come to the conclusion that it's quite likely that the claims are true.
My opinion is that if the allegations are true then then as stated we need to hunt out those who knew and did nothing

If they prove to be false then we need to look at how women can get away with such acusations and make sure they don't because any false allegation of rape or abuse sets back all the hard work done by people to make sure that abusers are caught and children tell people
Old 04-10-2012, 19:03   #189
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
My opinion is that if the allegations are true then then as stated we need to hunt out those who knew and did nothing

If they prove to be false then we need to look at how women can get away with such acusations and make sure they don't because any false allegation of rape or abuse sets back all the hard work done by people to make sure that abusers are caught and children tell people
Just our differences of opinions. I don't automatically think it is false allegations. But agree if it is (however unlikely that different people suddenly had mass hysteria)
Old 04-10-2012, 19:08   #190
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What if anything will change your view on whether it's true or not?

in your opinion do you think at least one of the victims is telling the truth?
Old 04-10-2012, 19:08   #191
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
re: Operation Yewtree

The lack of defence on his part from those that were close to him speaks volumes to me. If it was all untrue and they knew for certain then they'd be shouting it from the roof tops. But so far there's been nothing.

Too much has been said now, his name and reputation will never be cleared.
Old 04-10-2012, 19:16   #192
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
What if anything will change your view on whether it's true or not?
evidence that can be corroborated

Quote:
in your opinion do you think at least one of the victims is telling the truth?
couldn't possibly say without any of the above
Old 04-10-2012, 19:21   #193
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
couldn't possibly say without any of the above
Of course you can.
Old 04-10-2012, 19:27   #194
Sparkle
cf.mega poster

Sparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful oneSparkle is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
The lack of defence on his part from those that were close to him speaks volumes to me. If it was all untrue and they knew for certain then they'd be shouting it from the roof tops. But so far there's been nothing.
Have a gander on the comments section of just about any Jimmy Savile video on youtube just now, and you'll see what happens to anyone who disagrees with the majority opinion there...Even though the evidence hasn't even been heard, anyone who speaks out is getting lynched in short order.
I don't think anyone not wanting to be labelled a paedo themselves, will be speaking out in Jimmy's defense at least not until the initial frenzied momentum has run its course.
Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 19:34   #195
RizzyKing

Yes why hasn't there been a rush from all those close to him oh wait we have a bandwagon rolling that says he was a paedophile and no way to disprove it yes why arn't they coming out to get shot down by those happy to believe on the flimsiest evidence. Is this really how low we have sunk, is it that all that is needed to ruin a persons reputation is unsubstantiated allegation\rumour. For all those who now believe he was this evil predaatory paedophile can i just ask you this would you be happy to be judged on the same level of evidence we have in this case of course you wouldn't and no one should be saying anything about this until we have more credible evidence.

Just becaause someone shouts abuse doesn't automatically put them in the right or even make what they are saying right sadly we have a lot of people in the UK with mental health issues and more sadly it is quite common for some of those people to make up scenario's involving public figures. I am not saying for a certainty he is innocent although my personal experience of the man makes it very hard for me to believe all this. What i am saying is right now we have sod all solid credible evidence that anything at all went on outside the imaginations of a group of people and we can never allow that to be enough to tarnish anyones name we have to set the bar hiugher then that.

If we do not it will keep getting lower until the slightest thing is enough stop it now demand evidence, demand a proper investigation and only then make your choice on innocence or guilt do not lower yourselves by doing it on what we have right now.