Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Operation Yewtree

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Operation Yewtree

Old 03-10-2012, 23:39   #136
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
re: Operation Yewtree

correct me if I'm wrong but I believe shows like this are supposed to present both points a view from what I'm seeing it's a very one sided view on the situation
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2012, 23:41   #137
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
correct me if I'm wrong but I believe shows like this are supposed to present both points a view from what I'm seeing it's a very one sided view on the situation
I believe they asked Savile to comment, but he was 'unavailable' (allegedly).
Old 03-10-2012, 23:42   #138
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
Not in this case ,it was made specifically to show his guilt
Old 03-10-2012, 23:44   #139
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Not in this case ,it was made specifically to show his guilt
just like fox news
Old 03-10-2012, 23:45   #140
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I do find it weird how some of the victims description of events make it sound like they were with him all the time.

and I really think that other people. be they celebrities or otherwise, had to be involved one way or another.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 23:50   #141
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I'm not far from where he used to live in Leeds about 5 mins in a car...can't say I ever saw anything odd about him when I saw him jogging around the local park unless he was hunting for kids.

However my wife used to work at the local Ice Cream stall some 18 years or so ago and she said that when he was out jogging he usually had a load of males with him so I would be more inclined to think he was the other way.

I'm sure if this was true it would have come out a long time ago...fair enough he may have had a "status" attached to him but in this day and age it doesn't matter who you are nobody has weight any more.

This is a load of tosh they either want publicity or after some ££ cash.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 23:53   #142
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

so one sided no right of reply at all shocking stuff
Old 03-10-2012, 23:53   #143
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
This is a load of tosh they either want publicity or after some ££ cash.
Unless it was your daughter making the allegations.

but to have blurred reconstructions going on all the way through. is a but silly.
Old 03-10-2012, 23:59   #144
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post

However my wife used to work at the local Ice Cream stall some 18 years or so ago and she said that when he was out jogging he usually had a load of males with him so I would be more inclined to think he was the other way.

Careful mate ,the way the rumor mill is working by tomorrow morning those men he was jogging with will have evolved into his close nit gang of peodos out planning the next hit
Old 04-10-2012, 00:05   #145
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

now watching Esther Rantzen bit of a hypocrite could have said something years ago
Old 04-10-2012, 00:14   #146
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Well, guilty or not guilty?

It was a bit dramatised. the blurred reconstructions. the constant filming of him in a dim lit room concentraing on a laptop screen.

but all that aside. there's the video evidence of how Saville would always be groping the girls/women. and his comments and views on what Gary Glitter did.
Old 04-10-2012, 00:47   #147
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Have you reported this?
No, there's people who know far more about it than I do and it's pointless anyway. The police didn't do anything about the first one due to lack of evidence and will just say that they don't act on rumours.

They'll probably be too busy anyway, enforcing the smoking ban or catching motorists going 1MPH over the speed limit!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:47   #148
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
They'll probably be too busy anyway, enforcing the smoking ban or catching motorists going 1MPH over the speed limit!
The smoking ban is enforced by local council employees acting on health and safety grounds.

Police usually prosecute at 10% + 1 over the limit, at which speed you are very likely posing a risk to to your own health and that of other road users.

It's just as well they don't act on rumours, though, as a rumour such as the one you're peddling could destroy someone's reputation and their means of making a living.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27   #149
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's just as well they don't act on rumours, though, as a rumour such as the one you're peddling could destroy someone's reputation and their means of making a living.
Does it matter if he's guilty though?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31   #150
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
No,
In which case if he IS guilty you're assisting an offender in my book.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote