Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2013, 17:18   #1441
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
I believe Sky has More4HD exclusively for 6 months from launch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Likely to be longer than that.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

So how does that fit in with the reply I got back from Channel 4 back in February?

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding MORE4HD.

Though we have every intention to bring all of our channels to all platforms, we are currently unable to do so on Virgin Media as we have yet to be allocated space in that platform.

We are sorry for any disappointment this has caused.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for your interest in our programming.

Regards,

Damien McCandless
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

Advertisement
Old 20-05-2013, 17:58   #1442
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Likely to be longer than that.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

As of May 20th at 3.20pm - my insiders has confirmed that no new channels are set to launch on Virgin Media.
Any news on further new channels not set to launch on Virgin?
What about Sky Atlantic? I've heard rumours that's not set to launch.
Old 20-05-2013, 19:26   #1443
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Ok, if you are so sure then what is the source of your information?
While it is true that much appearing on this thread is either speculation, wishful thinking or yah boo sucks, certain things are clear.

First of all, we all know that BT are launching these channels to attract broadband customers, and we also know that they have big pockets, so they can sustain a loss with a view to attracting more business.

However, they have also said that they want a presence on all platforms and they want to make football more accessible. BT are not Sky and shouldn't be compared with them. Also, the less money coming in from these channels, the more nervous BT shareholders will be, so they'll want to be generating some useful income for their efforts.

Virgin Media may play hard ball, but they won't want to be denying their sports fans access to the BT Sports channels. Not only will this send out a bad message to potential new subscribers about the range of channels available, but it will also encourage a sizable number of people to leave VM.

The messages VM are giving out appear positive and it is clear they are negotiating for the best possible deal. The delay in making any announcements is understandably frustrating for people, but you can't hurry these things. If you want to get BT Sports with the best possible deal, you have to wait, I'm afraid.

As for the price we will eventually have to pay, who knows? Maybe we'll have to pay the full price, maybe VM will go out on a limb. My guess is that it will use the money it was using for ESPN and take that amount off the BT subscription, so we get it at a reduced rate and compete head on with Sky, who won't do a deal and have customers who don't want BT Broadband. But, of course, THAT is just speculation!

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
Any news on further new channels not set to launch on Virgin?
What about Sky Atlantic? I've heard rumours that's not set to launch.
Spanky, Media Boy answered that question in the quote you attached to your own post!

The next channels will almost certainly be the BT channels. Sky Atlantic seems as far away as ever.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Offering the channel to Virgin just to add subscriber numbers would fly in the face of their clear efforts to increase subscribers on their own platform. Frankly I can't see why anybody thinks these channels will be available on Virgin - it just wouldn't make any sense for Bt. The fact that Virgin are advertising 18 month deals with free ESPN makes me think that these channels will remain in xl.
Sorry Andy, but I think you are way off beam with that post! I guess we'll have to wait until July/August to prove it to you, though!
Old 20-05-2013, 19:33   #1444
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Likewise! Obviously I'm hoping you end up being right!
Old 20-05-2013, 19:57   #1445
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Likewise! Obviously I'm hoping you end up being right!
Ha ha! Cheers to that!
Old 20-05-2013, 20:02   #1446
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

The fact that Virgin has a website to sign up for details to me confirms something is going to happen, if you weren't going to get it, you wouldn't create a page about it.
Old 20-05-2013, 20:04   #1447
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
BT are not Sky and shouldn't be compared with them.
Indeed , Sky Sports channels are widely available on most pay TV platforms sadly the same cant be said about BT's sports channels.
Old 21-05-2013, 01:49   #1448
ash88uk
Inactive

ash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enough

Any chance of Sports Tonight Live! coming to VM?

http://www.sportstonightlive.com/
Old 21-05-2013, 08:23   #1449
Jameseh

Sports Tonight looks like a bad college production.

Old 21-05-2013, 11:11   #1450
eugene
Inactive

Services: Virgin TVXL, TiVO and V+HD Box. Broadband L, Phone XL.
eugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of light

I think the next new channels could be the missing MTV Channels as I think Media Boy said the Viacom deal may be up in the summer.
Old 21-05-2013, 11:38   #1451
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene View Post
I think the next new channels could be the missing MTV Channels as I think Media Boy said the Viacom deal may be up in the summer.
I said may launch in Summer.

I do not know how long that deal they signed with Viacom the last time will run for.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-05-2013, 12:09   #1452
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Any more news on the UKTV on demand content that we were promised what seems like an eternity ago
Old 21-05-2013, 12:31   #1453
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
Any more news on the UKTV on demand content that we were promised what seems like an eternity ago
All I know can be found online right now.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

Global Radio told to sell 8 Radio Channels by The CC.

The Competition Commission has released that Global Radio will be required to sell the following Radio Channels for the takeover of GMG Radio to happen:

East Midlands:
Smooth Radio
Capital Radio

Cardiff and South Wales:
Real Radio
Capital Radio

North Wales:
Real Radio
Heart Radio

Greater Manchester and the North-West (TWO Channels to be sold):
Capital Radio
Real Radio XS
With either:
Real Radio
Smooth Radio

North-East:
Real Radio
Smooth Radio
Capital Radio

South and West Yorkshire:
Real Radio
Capital Radio

Central Scotland:
Real Radio
Capital Radio

Red
means own by Global Radio right now,
Blue means own by Real and Smooth Ltd right now.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2013/05/comp...ults-on-global

Real Radio and Real Radio XS do not broadcast on Virgin Media.
But the rest can be found on the following channel numbers:

-Smooth Radio (Called Smooth FM on EPG) on Virgin Channel 916.
-Heart Radio (Called Heart FM on EPG) on Virgin Channel 918.
-Capital Radio (Called Capital FM on EPG) on Virgin Channel 958.
Old 21-05-2013, 14:33   #1454
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

The Denver Post: Liberty Global puts Chellomedia business up for sale.

Soon to be Virgin Media new owner looking to sell it channels - CBS Reality, CBS Action, CBS Drama, Horror Channel and Extreme Sports Channel.

Read more: Liberty Global puts Chellomedia business up for sale - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...#ixzz2TvwSPz5B
Old 21-05-2013, 15:33   #1455
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

[QUOTE=Media Boy;35574142]The Denver Post: Liberty Global puts Chellomedia business up for sale.

Is Chellomedia not a STD?