Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2013, 22:41   #1471
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
If Liberty plan to sell the CBS channels, then they will make a lot of customers unhappy as these channels have brilliant shows on them.

Regarding +1 channels, the only reason why l was saying they are a waste of time, I spoke with CS and they said they dont have enough capacity on the network to take anymore channels, so bring the +1 channels on.
They are not getting rid of them, just cause they are selling them doesn't mean they will cease to exist, they will just be under new ownership.
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2013, 10:06   #1472
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

It looks like TiVo will have some serious competition soon with Microsoft's announcement of the X Box One. The text of the article specifically mentions Virgin Media as a target of the new console. I imagine that the new Play Station 4 will have a similar spec when it is announced soon. I wonder what TiVo will do to meet this challenge.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-8626177.html
Old 22-05-2013, 10:23   #1473
Jameseh

Absolutely nothing as existing cable boxes plug into the new Xbox. The new Xbox only challenges IPTV providers like BT and TalkTalk.

Old 22-05-2013, 10:46   #1474
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I imagine that the new Play Station 4 will have a similar spec when it is announced soon.
The PS4 spec has already been announced http://gamer.blorge.com/2013/02/20/p...-ray-and-more/
Old 22-05-2013, 10:50   #1475
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

If it was challenging Sky and Virgin they would have to have a lot of channels available on the platform. As far as I can imagine, based on the current Xbox you can only watch Catch Up, Sky channels and Movies/Sport through Now TV. You'll still need a cable box or Sat box of some kind.
Old 22-05-2013, 13:40   #1476
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

The point is it won't be challenging Sky/VM etc as it won't be adding much in the way of MS content (other than Halo TV series). It is designed to augment and enhance the "TV experience" by enabling voice and gesture control and instant switching between TV/games/Skype and web etc.
The way I see it working is the VM box plugs in to the HDMI passthrough in the Xbox, you tell it you're on VM (package etc) and it downloads the channel and programme info. When you want to watch "Walking Dead" all you need to say if you can't remember the channel is something like "Xbox watch walking dead" and it will know enough to switch automagically to the right channel. Not sure if it will be able to do much with the PVR functions of a VM box as I can't see a return route back to the box.
I'm pretty upbeat about it, but it needs to be priced right as it doesn't want to be classed as an expensive remote.
Old 22-05-2013, 13:57   #1477
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
It looks like TiVo will have some serious competition soon with Microsoft's announcement of the X Box One. The text of the article specifically mentions Virgin Media as a target of the new console. I imagine that the new Play Station 4 will have a similar spec when it is announced soon. I wonder what TiVo will do to meet this challenge.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-8626177.html
This article suggests the opposite:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ing-rooms.html

"Microsoft’s new Xbox is called simply the One – the idea is that it will integrate with your TV, plus your Sky or Virgin box."

"Microsoft implied it would work with Sky and Virgin to get access to the right programming."

"The One looks like a great idea, and at the right price there’d be no reason not to buy one if the content deals have been done with Sky and Virgin and Netflix and Lovefilm."
Old 22-05-2013, 22:41   #1478
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

May List update - May 22nd update.

Keep up-to-date on the latest news on upcoming channel launches and other important events across all platforms of Virgin TV network.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this list is subject to change.

Colours on my list are as followed:

Media Boy = New Info just added.
Media Boy = Virgin Media News and links.
Media Boy = Other Media news/Things.

=== Coming up on Virgin's Digital TV ===
=== Rumour to be Launching very soon ===
-The Active Channel to launch on Virgin Media soon.

=== May ===
No News...

=== June ===
Zee Café is being rumour on BizAsia as set to be rebranded as Zee Classic on Virgin Channel 811 sometime this month.

=== By end of June ===
-Liberty Global hope to close the transaction of Virgin Media.

=== July ===
31st. ESPN will close on Virgin Channel 529 today.
31st. ESPN HD will close on Virgin Channel 530 today.
31st. ESPN America will close on Virgin Channel 531 today.
31st. ESPN to close ESPN Classic on Virgin Channel 533 by Today.

=== August ===
The following BT Sports channels launches has still to be confirmed by Virgin Media - Talks still ongoing:

1st. BT Sports 1 may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. BT Sports 1 HD may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. BT Sports 2 may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. BT Sports 2 HD may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. ESPN may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. ESPN HD may launch on Virgin Media today.

=== September ===
No News...

=== October ===
No News...

=== November ===
-Made in Leeds will launch on Virgin Media sometime this month.

=== December ===
No News...

=== By 2015 ===
-RTE Radio and WRN Radio will be axe in old Telewest areas or added to all areas of Virgin Media.

=== Unknown dates ===
-'Seven' will be rebranded as Lincolnshire Living on Virgin Channel 879 (Grimsby & Scunthorpe only).
-I have been told that Virgin Media are in talks with Sky to carry 'Sky Atlantic SD', 'Sky News HD' and 'Sky Sports News HD' - no updates since August 2012.
-Local TV may launch on Virgin TV in some areas in Virgin Channels 600 mark (Starting in Late 2013).
-The BBC to axe BBC Radio 4 LW on Virgin Channel 911 ''in the long term''.

-Smooth fm (Smooth Radio) may get close or rebranded on Virgin Channel 916.
-Fashion One 'In talks with Virgin Media' - no updates in months.
-Sony Movies may launch soon on Virgin Media - no updates since August 2012.

=== Channels THAT still to appear in all areas ===
List was last updated on December 1st 2010.

NO. Channel Name
917. Radio: RTE Radio
920. Radio: WRN Europe

NOTE: Channels are only broadcasting in Ex-Telewest areas right now.

=== Media Boy Extra info: ===
Media Boy Blog - For all things Virgin TV - http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/
See Virgin Media on ''twitter'' here - http://twitter.com/virginmedia
See Nialli's blog on Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services here - http://vmhd.blogspot.com/

=== Ask Media Boy ===
Last updated May 6th 2013.

Q: WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT VIRGIN MEDIA FROM?
A: I get all my info from Virgin Media viewers, some Virgin Media workers (I called them Virgin Insiders) and Web Sites (NOTE: When I used web sites I will post an link to that web site).

Q: WILL I NEED TO WATCH MY DISNEY CINEMAGIC PROGRAMMES ON MY V+ OR TIVO BOX BY MARCH 27TH?
A: No Virgin Media viewers have until June 28th to watch recorded Disney Cinemagic programmes.

Q: WHY AM I NOT GETTING ''RTE RADIO'' OR ''WRN RADIO'' FOR?
A: RTE Radio and WRN Radio do not broadcast in Ex-ntl and Ex-Cable & Wireless areas - yet.

==== Virgin Media's Deals with broadcasters ===
List last updated on May 22nd 2013.

Welcome to the all new look of this part of the list.

When deals with broadcasters run out Virgin Media need to sign new one to keep that Channel on Virgin TV.
Here is an list of channel that Virgin may get when they old deal runs out with that broadcaster:
Also Radio channels are broadcasting on Digital Radio via Freesat, Freeview, Freesat from Sky or Sky.

NOTE: Shopping Channels are not on this list and only Broadcasts who has got some Channels broadcasting on Virgin Media right now appeared on this list. To start broadcasting soon = That channel has still to start broadcasting on Sky, Freesat or Freeview.

=== TV and Radio Channels: ===
=== Own by A+E Networks UK (A&E Television Networks/British Sky Broadcasting) ===
-Bio. +1
-CI HD
-CI +1
-HISTORY HD
-HISTORY +1
-Lifetime (May launch in 2013.)

=== Own by ARY Group ===
-ARY Qtv
-ARY Oneworld
-ARY Entertainment

=== Own by BET International Inc (Viacom) ===
-BET: Black Ent Tv
-BET: Black Ent Tv +1

=== Own by British Sky Broadcasting ===
-Pick TV +1
-Sky1 +1
-Sky 3D
-Sky Atlantic
-Sky Atlantic +1
-Sky Atlantic HD
-Sky News HD
-Sky Sports F1 HD
-Sky Sports 3 HD
-Sky Sports 4 HD
-Sky Sports News HD

=== Own by British Telecommunications Plc ===
-BT Sports 1 (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-BT Sports 1 HD (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-BT Sports 2 (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-BT Sports 2 HD (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-ESPN [From BT] (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-ESPN HD [From BT] (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)

=== Own by CBS Chellozone UK Channels Partnership ===
-CBS Reality +1
-Horror +1
-Reality TV

=== Own by Channel Four Television Corporation ===
-More 4 HD

=== Own by CSC Media Group ===
-Bliss
-BuzMuzik
-Chart Show TV
-Chart Show TV Dance
-Flava
-Kix
-POP
-Pop Girl
-Pop Girl +1
-Scuzz
-The Vault
-Tiny Pop +1

=== Own by Disney-ABC Television Group ===
-Disney Channel HD
-Disney Junior +
-Disney Junior HD
-Disney XD HD

=== Own by Entertainment Networks (UK) Limited (Sony Pictures Television) ===
-More Than Movies
-More Than Movies +1
-Movies 4 Men
-Movies 4 Men +1

=== Own by ESPN Inc. (until July 31st 2013) ===
-ESPN America HD (Channel will close on July 31st).

=== Own by Fox International Channels (News Corporation) ===
-FOX +1

=== Own by Global Radio ===
-Capital FM TV
-Heart FM TV

=== Own by IndiaCast (Viacom18) ===
-MTV India (Channel set to launch on Astra).

=== Own by Moving Movies Ltd. (CSC Media Group) ===
-True Drama (Soon to start broadcasting).
-True Entertainment +1 (Soon to get rebranded as True Drama)
-True Movies 2

=== Own by MTV Networks Europe ===
-MTV CLASSIC
-MTV HD
-MTV LIVE
-MTV MUSIC
-MTV +1

=== Own by Multi Screen Media (Sony Pictures Television) ===
-Sahara One

=== Own by NGC-UK Partnership (National Geographic Society/Fox International Channels) ===
-Nat Wild HD

=== Own by Nickelodeon UK (MTV Networks Europe/British Sky Broadcasting) ===
-Nickelodeon HD
-Nick Jr. +1

=== Own by Paramount UK Partnership (Paramount British Pictures/British Sky Broadcasting) ===
-Comedy Central Extra +1

=== Own by Premier Media ===
-Premier Sports
-Premier Sports Xtra

=== Own by RTE ===
-RTE 2fm
-RTE lyric fm
-RTE Radio 1 (Broadcasts in Ex-Telewest areas right now).
-RTE Radio na Gaeltachta

=== Own by Real & Smooth Ltd [Was GMG Radio] (Global Radio) ===
-Real Radio Wales
-Smooth 70s

=== Own by Scripps Networks Interactive ===
-Food Network
-Food Network +1
-Travel Channel
-Travel Channel +1

=== Own by Sony Pictures Television ===
-Sony Entertainment Television +1
-Sony Movie Channel
-Sony Movie Channel +1

=== Own by STAR TV (News Corporation) ===
-STAR Jalsha
-STAR Plus HD

=== Own by TIML Radio Limited ===
-Absolute 90s

=== Own by UKTV ===
-Drama (To launch on July 8th 2013 on Freeview).

=== Own by United Christian Broadcasters ===
-UCB TV
-UCB Bible
-UCB Gospel
-UCB Inspiration
-UCB Ireland

=== Own by Universal Networks International ===
-E! HD
-Universal Channel HD

=== Own by Zee Entertainment Enterprises ===
-ZEE News (To start broadcasting soon).

==== See you later ===
List last updated on May 22nd 2013.

Next update: Sometime in June - unless:

A) If Virgin are set to launch more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) on Virgin TV.
B) If Virgin are set to move more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) about on Virgin TV.
C) If Virgin are set to close or repackage more then TWO channels (TV or Radio ) on Virgin TV.

Did I miss anything??? If I did tell me and it will appear on the next update.

©copyright 2013 Media Boy 2006 - 2013. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

THIS UPDATE WAS JUST FOR ME TO FIX SOME INFO NEXT UPDATE SOMETIME IN JUNE.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 22-05-2013, 22:55   #1479
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Is it really necessary to post all this stuff?
Old 22-05-2013, 23:03   #1480
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Cheers MB, thanks for keeping us up-to-date:-)
Old 22-05-2013, 23:13   #1481
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

By all means keep people up to date with relevant whats coming etc, but do you have to list the companies who own this channel and that channel etc etc?
Old 23-05-2013, 00:21   #1482
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
By all means keep people up to date with relevant whats coming etc, but do you have to list the companies who own this channel and that channel etc etc?
It can be useful to know which channels we can possibly get when contracts are up for renewal with particular providers
Old 23-05-2013, 05:04   #1483
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
It can be useful to know which channels we can possibly get when contracts are up for renewal with particular providers
Yes but it's on the first page of the thread and rarely changes on the updates. It would be easier to follow if it just listed changes from the original listing.

Old 23-05-2013, 05:23   #1484
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Come on lads be fair as l don't see anybody else doing the fine job MB does.
Old 23-05-2013, 05:47   #1485
PurpleInfi
Inactive

PurpleInfi is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of days ago, Bio, Nat Geo Wild, and CI appeared on the L package for half a day, but were taken away, what gives? Was this some kind of glitch or something?

I have them saved on my favourites still but can't access as they're not on my package anymore.

I thought perhaps Virgin Media were moving channels to lower packages in preparation for new ones but it appears not. Still baffled why they gave me 3 channels and took away quite quickly though lol
Closed Thread